Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need a low end VPS with Instant Snapshot (netcup alternative ?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need a low end VPS with Instant Snapshot (netcup alternative ?)

qtwrkqtwrk Member
edited September 2017 in Requests

Hi , I'm looking for a low end VPS

1 core

1GB ram

20 GB SSD preferred , but not necessary.

100mbps or 1Gbps , share use of course.

KVM is must, centos 7 is needed.

but any other EU location with less than 80 ms ping to Spain is acceptable. as by experience , usually around 60-70 ms to remote location like Romania , Bulgaria and Lithuania , I just ping'ed some of the providers based there.

the most important fearture:

Instant snapshot backup/restore and by instant I mean one-click to back , one-click to restore , no need to wait , server reboot , and backup/restore is finished.

budget: I have looked netcup , their VS100 for 5 euro , it fits my needs perfectly , but payment and contract term is 3/6 months.

I like a monthly contract , budget is about 5 euro.

VPS will be used for software testing , so I will need a quickest way to backup/restore.

let's see if I missed some provider with instant snapshot ...

Comments

• No one can offer you super instan backup and restore, your expectation unrealistic.

Test your software on Docker

• @sibaper said:
    No one can offer you super instan backup and restore, your expectation unrealistic.

Test your software on Docker

OK , thanks for the tip about docker , never thought of that

• I suggest OVH they have a snap shot feature for a low monthly cost but a reboot is needed I believe. VPS are top quality and KVM I've never had any problems with them.