Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNSmadeeasy vs Some other DNS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNSmadeeasy vs Some other DNS

I'm really impressed with the ultra low DNS lookup time of DNSME and use them for my VPS setups. I'm thinking of using them for my cPanel hosts. The current provider has a pretty shitty 200ms lookup time vs the 2~5ms DNSME lookup time. Does anybody have any thoughts on this as a strategy. Will I save time with a faster DNS host when the domain points to a slower cPanel server? I'm going to run some tests with some cPanel clients.

Thanked by 1Janevski

Comments

• Why settle for a slow cPanel server?

• I don't settle - clients do. If it was up to me I wouldn't choose cpanel. But som many clients are dope at stuff.

• DNS is not going to be your primary issue with these clients. The difference of 20 milliseconds to 200 milliseconds is significant, but really people are used to waiting that first second before the browser responds.

My suggestion would be just to use whatever you are comfortable with and know you can manage to keep secure.

• @ianhobbs said:
    I don't settle - clients do. If it was up to me I wouldn't choose cpanel. But som many clients are dope at stuff.

That's a pitty. As WSS said, DNS isn't gonna help you much in this case. Optimising those websites will win you more and put as much as possible on a CDN.

How come Cpanel is so slow btw? I'm using it and it's acceptable in most cases.

• The myth of DNS as a performance enhancing drug debunked....

https://www.easydns.com/blog/2011/05/02/dns-speeds-debunked/

(Don't get me wrong, DNSmE is a great provider.)

• @zoneedit said:
    The myth of DNS as a performance enhancing drug debunked....

I liked you before you sold out.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I have used dnsmadeeasy and found it quite fast and it was costly in the long run as my sites used to have lots of query and now we have moved to cloudflare paid

• At work we're using DNS Made Easy as primary DNS and EasyDNS as secondary, and we're happy with both. The idea was that, in case of a DDoS attack on one provider, the other one would still be available to serve queries. Luckily so far we haven't had to make a real-life test of this scenario.

• I'm really impressed with the ultra low lookup time of Cloudflare's free DNS hosting service.

• @ianhobbs Your avatar of Homer Sampson or Burt Stanton is very nice.