Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gullo's Hosting | $2/year VPS Hosting is BACK! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gullo's Hosting | $2/year VPS Hosting is BACK!

2»

Comments

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@Edmond said:

@ljm1447669873 said:
    Only-ipv6 server how to visit ipv4.how to set up cloudflare.> @Edmond said:

For most applications, we do need some sort of IPv4 access, making it IPv6 only sorta makes the VPS useless, only purpose I can think about right now is running a web server over Cloudflare to be able to serve content over IPv4 in some way.

I know that you can set up a website on a VPS like that. What I meant is that that's the only viable option to use the VPS since most of the internet is IPv4.

There are many things you can do with it. It just needs to be native IPv6. I don't know what people's projects are or else I would be a millionaire haha. I know you can host a website or a vpn or host your chatbot just to name a few. I mean there are endless possibilities you just need to come up with the idea. =D

• @Edmond said:Because I want to build a proxy on the vps.So how to connect IPv4

@ljm1447669873 said:

For most applications, we do need some sort of IPv4 access, making it IPv6 only sorta makes the VPS useless, only purpose I can think about right now is running a web server over Cloudflare to be able to serve content over IPv4 in some way.

I know that you can set up a website on a VPS like that. What I meant is that that's the only viable option to use the VPS since most of the internet is IPv4.

• @Cam said:

@Edmond said:

@ljm1447669873 said:

There are many things you can do with it. It just needs to be native IPv6. I don't know what people's projects are or else I would be a millionaire haha. I know you can host a website or a vpn or host your chatbot just to name a few. I mean there are endless possibilities you just need to come up with the idea. =D

Ahh... yes could be for private usage provided that you have native/tunneled IPv6 access but still can't be used for public stuff which reduces the usage of the VPS.

Why can't you provide NAT IPv4 anyway?

@Edmond said:

@Cam said:

Ahh... yes could be for private usage provided that you have native/tunneled IPv6 access but still can't be used for public stuff which reduces the usage of the VPS.

The way I set up the NAT tables on the node won’t allow me to add another IPv4. (I ran out of ports) There are workarounds but I’m skeptical about doing it on a production server. In the future I will have NAT available and will be able to merge it with the IPv6 servers.

• @Cam said:

@Edmond said:

@Cam said:

The way I set up the NAT tables on the node won’t allow me to add another IPv4. (I ran out of ports) There are workarounds but I’m skeptical about doing it on a production server. In the future I will have NAT available and will be able to merge it with the IPv6 servers.

I didn't know that you can run out of ports, when there's so many, how does one run out of ports that quickly....

edited September 2017

@Edmond said:
    I didn't know that you can run out of ports, when there's so many, how does one run out of ports that quickly....

Lots of orders :)

• @Cam said:

@Edmond said:

Lots of orders :)

Did you get like 3k of them or something all into one machine?

@Edmond said:

Every machine can use ports 1 - 65535. I organize the servers ports in a way that only allows me to use 20 ports of every 100. Thus only allowing me to use 1/5 of the total ports.

• @Cam said:

@Edmond said:

Every machine can use ports 1 - 65535. I organize the servers ports in a way that only allows me to use 20 ports of every 100. Thus only allowing me to use 1/5 of the total ports.

Darn it, can only use 20% of the ports open. Considered allotting the ones in the middle? But I mean usually hosts like doing that...

@Edmond said:

@Cam said:

@Edmond said:

Darn it, can only use 20% of the ports open. Considered allotting the ones in the middle? But I mean usually hosts like doing that...

Definitely an option, I will have to think about it.

@Edmond @VMVPS

I just wanted to let you know that NAT in Germany is back!

• @Cam said:
    @Edmond @VMVPS

How you sort it out?

@Edmond said:

@Cam said:
    @Edmond @VMVPS

How you sort it out?

The exact way you suggested. I had to type up a new article to explain the ports but it works as it did previously. :)

• RAINMANRAINMAN Member
    edited September 2018

Deleted