Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode is now offering shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode is now offering shared hosting

HxxxHxxx Member
edited September 2017 in Providers

Saw this on WHT:

Features

Each shared hosting account comes with the following features:

Pure SSD storage

cPanel control panel

LiteSpeed web server

CloudLinux

Softaculous Auto Installer (WordPress, Joomla, etc.)

R1Soft Backups

UNLIMITED databases, email accounts, domains, etc.

FREE UNLIMITED SSL

INSTANT setup

FREE cPanel migration

DDoS protection

SSH access

It seems prices start at 7/mo for one account and 14/mo for resellers. Everything *unlimited except storage.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

Comments

• Ain't everyone

Thanked by 2ChristianDSH WSS
  • You'd think they could lower their standards to shill for themselves.

• Do we know why RamNode abandoned LET? They were (still are) popular among the LET crowd.

• @angstrom said:
    Do we know why RamNode abandoned LET? They were (still are) popular among the LET crowd.

We are a bunch of cunts

Thanked by 2mikho mehargags
  • @FredQc said:

@angstrom said:
    Do we know why RamNode abandoned LET? They were (still are) popular among the LET crowd.

We are a bunch of cunts

Well, that's one explanation. Even so, money from c*nts is money.

• @angstrom said:

@FredQc said:

@angstrom said:

We are a bunch of cunts

Well, that's one explanation. Even so, money from c*nts is money.

Well, for same price, I rather have a 125GB reseller from @Francisco vs 15GB from RamNode.

• I would expect a dedicated IP for that price IMHO

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Hxxx said:
    Everything *unlimited except storage.

Isn't this same as mx shared @jarland

• @jetchirag said:

MXShared is closing down.....

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@slowdive said:

@jetchirag said:

Aye. Closing up shop. It's unfair to my customers, who I'm having enough trouble taking care of support for right now. Ramnode sounds like a great choice to bet on someone new in shared.

• @hostnoob said:
    I would expect a dedicated IP for that price IMHO

They are charging an extra $ 3 / month for a dedicated IP - ouch.

• nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited September 2017

@Hxxx said:

It seems prices start at 7/mo for one account and 14/mo for resellers. Everything *unlimited except storage.

For that price you get 15 GB storage whereas even their $5/month KVM VPS gives you 20 GB.

https://ramnode.com/shared.php

• @jarland said:

@slowdive said:

@jetchirag said:

Aye. Closing up shop. It's unfair to my customers, who I'm having enough trouble taking care of support for right now. Ramnode sounds like a great choice to bet on someone new in shared.

Why are you closing mx shared? :/ Too much support issues? Hope everything turns out well for everyone involved :)

Ympker said: Why are you closing mx shared? :/ Too much support issues? Hope everything turns out well for everyone involved :)

MXroute rapidly grew with a new customer base that is requiring more support per client than I had ever intended, or had seen with the first thousand or so customers. As a result, I'm behind in support workload and can't quite justify a hire right as I need to clean up the finances and prepare it for being more than just a small business. MXshared just seemed unfair to MXroute customers, taking away time that I needed to spend helping them. I gave a lot of notice and I'm refunding everyone paid up for beyond the shutdown date though, so hopefully no one feels wronged.

Thanked by 2cfgguy Ympker
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Interesting. Wish there was a smaller reseller option. Will probably grab an account for work though, I trust @Nick_A and crew to provide a quality product.

Still bummed about the MXShared shutdown, the reseller plan was killer at $4/mo.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

There's a 25% recurring coupon on the WHT listing as well. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1672806

Looks like $3/mo dedicated IP costs are because the service is DDoS protected.

• Only the Mighty Stallion can handle such business.

@Francisco

But in all honesty MXShared should have been sold as a self-support self-managed solution, only suitable for people with experience that knows what they are doing.

@jarland.

@Harambe said:
    Interesting. Wish there was a smaller reseller option. Will probably grab an account for work though, I trust @Nick_A and crew to provide a quality product.

Still bummed about the MXShared shutdown, the reseller plan was killer at $4/mo.

edited September 2017

@Hxxx said:
    Only the Mighty Stallion can handle such business.

Have a plan in LV and LU. However the performance can be a tad rough at times, and then there were a bunch of Litespeed and other node issues here and there.

I use it for dev/playing around, but would love a higher dollar, lower density plan from BuyShared - would jump on that in a heartbeat.

But in all honesty MXShared should have been sold as a self-support self-managed solution, only suitable for people with experience that knows what they are doing.

Yeah, I think I've dropped a single ticket and it was due to a Blesta billing issue on signup. Service has been solid, not a single issue I can recall in the last 6 months.

• @Harambe said:
    There's a 25% recurring coupon on the WHT listing as well. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1672806

I see shared hosting is only "available in Atlanta and The Netherlands".

Also I see now jailed ssh access is included in the base price.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks guys. We just launched this today, so we definitely welcome feedback.

@Nick_A said:
    Thanks guys. We just launched this today, so we definitely welcome feedback.

Do you have the resource limits per-account listed somewhere? IOPS/processes/etc?

Thanked by 1Darwin
  • @FredQc

Shared hosting, sure.

When it comes to a reliable little box, I'll grab myself a 128MB system at Ramnode. (Not to exclude you @Francisco, if I need one in Las Vegas, I know where to jump to for a slice :3).

• too expensive, since it didn't included IP address.

• @jarland which plug in were you using for the nginx?

• With 25% off it seems reasonable, if quality of service is the same as their previous offerings.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited September 2017

jarland said: MXroute rapidly grew with a new customer base that is requiring more support per client than I had ever intended, or had seen with the first thousand or so customers.

Interesting. Were the first thousand or so customers LET like crowd, used to fix things / understand how shit works, and then you went more mainstream / wide?

Back on topic, ramnode is a great provider, but this offer is too expensive in my opinion when there are nice & cheaper alternatives like buyshared...

edit: I guess it depends how they set up the limits on IO, RAM, CPU and the like, compared to other providers... If someone tries a plan with them and want to share that info, that would be great!

• I have signed up for a reseller plan with them in their US/Atlanta location (just to offload managing my own cPanel installation for several sites to someone else).

So far, the service seems very fast and responsive (of course, I doubt many people are on their shared hosting plan, so we will have to see how that changes as the server(s) gradually fill(s) up).

At the beginning, I had a few problems with I/O limits being way too low and slowing down my sites, but turns out, that was because they transferred backups for me from my old server and forgot to re-adjust the limits correctly, so that was resolved very quickly.

I/O limits are as follows (for each of the accounts I create):

CPU usage: 100 (%) I/O usage: 30 MByte/sec IOPS: 7680 Entry processes: 20 Physical Memory Usage: 1GB Number of processes: 100

@jetchirag said:
    @jarland which plug in were you using for the nginx?

Ended up with none because there always seemed to be an issue somewhere. AutoSSL if nothing else.

@datanoise said:

jarland said: MXroute rapidly grew with a new customer base that is requiring more support per client than I had ever intended, or had seen with the first thousand or so customers.

Interesting. Were the first thousand or so customers LET like crowd, used to fix things / understand how shit works, and then you went more mainstream / wide?

Back on topic, ramnode is a great provider, but this offer is too expensive in my opinion when there are nice & cheaper alternatives like buyshared...

edit: I guess it depends how they set up the limits on IO, RAM, CPU and the like, compared to other providers... If someone tries a plan with them and want to share that info, that would be great!

Yeah it got big with Dreamhost customers.

Thanked by 2jetchirag datanoise
  • @nyvpsuser said:

@Hxxx said:

For that price you get 15 GB storage whereas even their $5/month KVM VPS gives you 20 GB.

https://ramnode.com/shared.php

well a lot of people don't know how to set up a VPS so require something already set up with a popular easy-to-use control panel