Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

unable to create-client / client-signup in blesta --- need any guidance, if possible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

unable to create-client / client-signup in blesta --- need any guidance, if possible

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
edited September 2017 in Help

hello every one

i installed blesta

did not test it

1. then upgraded it to 4.1 from 4.0

2. when i try to create a client or user, it gives an error

Invalid client group ID. Invalid client ID.

now when i go to create a client group

1. i do not see any client-group (i do not remember seeing it earlier)

2. when i try to create a client group, it shows success

3. but the client group is still not shown

any help is appretiated

thanks

Comments

• Uninstall it.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@WHT said:
    Uninstall it.

wow, wonderful help, i am glad you arent a doctor, else we would have a doctor stating, oh, a patient, kill him/her

i do not know, if any one do not knows about the issue, why do people troll the thread

and by the way @WHT what after uninstalling

seems like we have a hosting guru here!!!

• agentmishra said: i do not know, if any one do not knows about the issue, why do people troll the thread

Because you aren't paying for support. Stop being entitled.

@hzr said:

agentmishra said: i do not know, if any one do not knows about the issue, why do people troll the thread

not paying for trolls either

• @agentmishra said:

@hzr said:

agentmishra said: i do not know, if any one do not knows about the issue, why do people troll the thread

not paying for trolls either

Again, you're not paying. We are simply giving you free trolls.

• Again, you're not paying. We are simply giving you free trolls.

I'm not doing this for free, going to invoice the lad during business hours.

• Why don't you do a clean install of 4.1? You did not test it, and I assume you have not added any data, so you have nothing to lose.

Thanked by 1agentmishra

@hackerman said:
    Why don't you do a clean install of 4.1? You did not test it, and I assume you have not added any data, so you have nothing to lose.

i did had the other files, any ways, i did a reinstall, and would test it later today

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@agentmishra said:
    hello every one

i installed blesta

did not test it

1. then upgraded it to 4.1 from 4.0

2. when i try to create a client or user, it gives an error

Invalid client group ID. Invalid client ID.

now when i go to create a client group

1. i do not see any client-group (i do not remember seeing it earlier)

2. when i try to create a client group, it shows success

3. but the client group is still not shown

any help is appretiated

thanks

to know what is happening you have to enable the Blesta debug so SSH and go to your Blesta path /home/public_html/Blesta path/config then vi config.php change Configure::errorReporting(0); to Configure::errorReporting(-1);
    and change
    Configure::set("System.debug", false); to Configure::set("System.debug", true);

save and login to Blesta and try to create a cliente and you will see what is happening.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • Quick question. Blesta is a paying software right ? Maybe you have a better chance to ask for blesta support.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • @vpsrus said: vi config.php

Are you sure there is a config.php file?

I think, you mean blesta.php file?

Thanked by 1justvm
  • justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

sorry, my bad it is /config directory and blesta.php file

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

Are you still having trouble with this? Did you run /admin/upgrade to run the database migrations (update database) after uploading the files for 4.1? Enabling error reporting and system debug may help as well as indicated by others in this thread. Please open a ticket with us if you need any assistance.

Thanked by 1Hxxx

@pphillips said:
    Are you still having trouble with this? Did you run /admin/upgrade to run the database migrations (update database) after uploading the files for 4.1? Enabling error reporting and system debug may help as well as indicated by others in this thread. Please open a ticket with us if you need any assistance.

hahaha

hi @pphillips, is ther any other documented method for upgrading?

if there is, kindly point the url, else understand upgrade means doing i, the same way as your docs state

by the way did your license-manager got fixed

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

Maybe you are using old php version.

Upgrade your php version to php 5.6 or later.

• Atleast for one version of blesta (can't remember if it's 3.x or 4.x there have been hotfixes for latest php versions. Did you add them?

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@agentmishra said:

what are you talking about "your license-manager"?
    you talking about the addon for blesta owned licenses for $100 that gives you the license manager plugin(public version)? or paul's license manager that is his he uses on his blesta portal? because the context isn't very clear.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@agentmishra said:

@pphillips said:

hahaha

hi @pphillips, is ther any other documented method for upgrading?

if there is, kindly point the url, else understand upgrade means doing i, the same way as your docs state

The docs for upgrading are at https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Upgrading+Blesta

If upgrading from 3.x to 4.x, there are some files you should delete. See the yellow information box on that page and click the button to expand to see the list.

Upgrades can be done via GUI or CLI. For GUI, go to /admin/upgrade and run the upgrader. For CLI, cd into your Blesta installation directory and run: php ./index.php admin/upgrade

i doubt if my choice was correct