Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone can beat this offer ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone can beat this offer ?

I am currently running multiple VPS from Virmach Specials having 2 Cores, 2GB RAM and 25GB SSD with an annual price of $15. As they are all out of stock now and I need another one, so I am looking for other providers in the same price range. Shoot me up with offers if any available, can shell out a little more for extra specs. Any location would do.

Comments

• You aren't going to find one in that price range.

• @WSS said:

I guess nobody can beat Virmach, I am willing to shell out a bit more for comparable services.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

OpenVZ or KVM?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

@Virmach is a loss-leader on these. I can't think of anyone who comes close to that.

NFPHosting (found on LEB front page yesterday; never used) has:

1GB VPS Promotion
    2 CPU Cores
    40GB Disk Space
    1024MB RAM
    2000GB Monthly Bandwidth
    100Mbps Network Port

https://portal.nfphosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=22

This is a promotional special for $12.
    You can double RAM to 2GB for $5, bringing it to a total of $17. If you like the $20 price point, you can double your bandwidth for $3.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Unless that was a black Friday special those sorts of prices will just drive virmach into the ground, the word unsustainable is thrown around quite often here and unfairly so, in this case if that is a regular price I will be happy to bet money they won't be around in 12 months time.

You will likely need to pay at least double to get those specs, or wait until black friday again :)

Even then I dont expect anyone to "beat" that price.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • If you can wait two more months, Black Friday is coming :)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @httpzoom said:

Any would do.

• As a customer I would love such offers from them but on the other side I would never want any hardworking individual/company to go out of business. I know these plans have unbelievable pricing and it might be almost impossible to beat it currently. So, I am willing to shell out more unless someone actually beats their pricing. :)

• DebouncerDebouncer Member, Host Rep

AlphaVPS
    15EUR per year

• 4 Shared CPU Cores
    • 1GB Dedicated RAM
    • 15GB SSD
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Debouncer said:
    AlphaVPS
    15EUR per year

• 4 Shared CPU Cores
    • 1GB Dedicated RAM
    • 15GB SSD

+1 for AlphaVPS ( @AlexBarakov )

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Unless that was a black Friday special those sorts of prices will just drive virmach into the ground, the word unsustainable is thrown around quite often here and unfairly so, in this case if that is a regular price I will be happy to bet money they won't be around in 12 months time.

It's not a "normal" price. Their comparable OVZ is $7/mo.

VirMach also has an interesting setup with support- if you need help reloading, want to transfer, etc, it's usually a flat-rate $3 charge. If others in the industry started doing the same, well, they'd probably have newer vehicles.

• +1 for Alex, gave me way too much support for a 12€/year server

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

WSS said: If others in the industry started doing the same, well, they'd probably have newer vehicles.

We charge $5 to click the same button a client has access to, it's paid for quite a few lunches but that's about it. :(

Thanked by 2WSS AuroraZ
  • @gurugrv said:
    I am currently running multiple VPS from Virmach Specials having 2 Cores, 2GB RAM and 25GB SSD with an annual price of $15. As they are all out of stock now and I need another one, so I am looking for other providers in the same price range. Shoot me up with offers if any available, can shell out a little more for extra specs. Any location would do.

Heck, don't even say $15 for that, I got mine for only $9.70 for the same specs, how do they even sustain anyway...

You'll just have to wait until Black Friday to come around for that pricing again...

• Black Friday is coming

• Need to dump some worthless Dedis for the next Black Friday goodness.

• guonningguonning Member
    edited September 2017

+1 for AlphaVPS

Very good

• nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited September 2017

The NFP Hosting offer @WSS mentioned above is probably the closest you'll find at the moment with 2 GB.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/new-provider-nfp-hosting-exclusive-vps-offer-1gb-starting-at-12yr/

Black Friday is only 69 days away...

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited March 2018

@gurugrv said:

snipperd can

Special Pricing: $15.00 Annually

OpenVZ VPS - 11th Anniversary Special - 2GB (Valid in All Locations):

2 CPU Core Allocations

2048MB (2GB) Dedicated RAM

2048MB vSwap

100GB Secured Disk Space (Wow! Large Storage!)

3000GB Premium Bandwidth

1 IPv4 Address

100Mbps Port Speed

Instantly Setup

NEW FEATURE: Advanced DDoS Protection Included!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

yokowasis said: 100GB Secured Disk Space (Wow! Large Storage!)

The OP requested SSD storage, not your SDS.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @WSS said:
    Need to dump some worthless Dedis for the next Black Friday goodness.

Dumped mine and now awaiting the Blackiness goodness of that day. I need some small plans for DNS and such. Yearly small plans will do me some good I hope.

• @AuroraZ said:
    Dumped mine and now awaiting the Blackiness goodness of that day. I need some small plans for DNS and such. Yearly small plans will do me some good I hope.

Doubt it will happen now, but I had some great plans from @tragic. I hope @VirMach gets their IPv6 handled soon enough, because having IPv4 and a HE.Net tunnel is the pits.

• @WSS said: I hope @VirMach gets their IPv6 handled soon enough, because having IPv4 and a HE.Net tunnel is the pits.

Aren't you the optimist. :-) Wouldn't CC have to offer IPv6 in order for VirMach to?

• @angstrom said:

@WSS said: I hope @VirMach gets their IPv6 handled soon enough, because having IPv4 and a HE.Net tunnel is the pits.

Aren't you the optimist. :-) Wouldn't CC have to offer IPv6 in order for VirMach to?

Not everywhere. They can grow and continue to expand beyond the 90s.

• Still looking. :)

• vovlervovler Member
    edited September 2017

@WebProject said:

yokowasis said: 100GB Secured Disk Space (Wow! Large Storage!)

The OP requested SSD storage, not your SDS.

SSD or SDS is pretty much the same thing, the only change is the letters positions, not a big deal.

On a serious note, I still don't understand how these providers can make such offers, $15 annual, after transaction fees it's about $14, really generous taxes $12, it's about $1 per month to supply you with electricity, internet connection, support, and hardware replacement in case of failure, not even taking into account the initial hardware cost.

Where is the profit? The supermarket gets more profit just by selling 1 bottle of water.

@Edit____

Ever a beggar at a dark alley makes more than this.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

vovler said: SSD or SDS is pretty much the same thing

not the same, SSD is faster and Secured Disk Space = normal HDD - slower speed, more details:
    http://uk.pcmag.com/storage-devices-reviews/8061/feature/ssd-vs-hdd-whats-the-difference

vovler said: $15 annual, after transaction fees it's about $14, really generous taxes $12, it's about $1 per month to supply you with electricity,

check ebay, some sellers/companies do like sales at loss, example: the other day I bought the 5 reams of paper at cost of £7 for whole order, the company been charged £7 to deliver my order to me.

• ndlong75ndlong75 Member
    edited March 2018

@yokowasis said:

@gurugrv said:

snipped can

Special Pricing: $15.00 Annually

OpenVZ VPS - 11th Anniversary Special - 2GB (Valid in All Locations):

2 CPU Core Allocations

2048MB (2GB) Dedicated RAM

2048MB vSwap

100GB Secured Disk Space (Wow! Large Storage!)

3000GB Premium Bandwidth

1 IPv4 Address

100Mbps Port Speed

Instantly Setup

NEW FEATURE: Advanced DDoS Protection Included!

Oh where is the order link?

• gurugrv said: Still looking. :)

no way ;)