Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for 200 minipc any tips ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for 200 minipc any tips ?

hello people ,

like title says i will need arrownd 200 minipc but need to be a strong config and ssd is a must. Any tips/recomendation ?

i need huge ram amount to be supported and a powerful CPU

Thanks in Advance.
Marius

Thanked by 1ewrek

Comments

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited September 2017

Marius is looking into collocating small shit now eh? interesting..

link #1

link #2

• Hey cociu,

I recommend these.. I hope it helps.

ODROID-XU4

ODROID-C2

ODROID-C1+

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited September 2017

For my recommendation, I just get NUC boards themselves and then source the RAM, SSD and case yourself.

Here's the model I'd go with: Intel NUC5i3MYBE

Features:

• Intel Core i3-5010U (onboard) - 3,060 on PassMark

• Up to 16GB DDR3L SO-DIMM

• SATA and M.2 NGFF SSD 22x80 support

• Gigabit LAN

• VT-x and VT-d

With a bulk deal you'd be looking at under €200 per unit (for the board only).

In regards to the case, I'd contract it out to a local company. Should be cost effective in Romania.
    If this is for a server environment, you could get a 2U or 4U designed with 2.5" hot swap bays/trays.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

I also second NUCs. They are small enough for racks. And theres plenty of choice.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

You trying to save on space?

I would have assumed that in Romania, space is not an issue and you can easily acquire more space to expand.

I generally worry about running out of power before running out of space.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Just host bare desktop motherboards on trays, like OVH does

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • What about deskmini 110
    They house up to 32gb ram, 2 ssd and up to 65w tdp Intel CPU.(like the i7-7700)
    Installed a few of those in classrooms with i3-6100 and evo 850 ssd's and very happy about those, especially price performance wise. Also they have Intel nic, so stuff like esxi works.
    They even come with DC power brick included.

• Timtimo13Timtimo13 Member
    edited September 2017

You have so many options:

• Intel NUC

• Gigabyte Brix

• Zotac ZBOX

• MSI Cubi

Most or maybe all of them are barebones, you would need
    to buy RAM as well as HDD / SSD. You could even buy some
    high performance one.

I can't tell you, how the prices are, but that depends mostly on
    their performance.

Intel NUCs are the most expensive ones most of the time.

• Intel Atom C3000 series. It's a 14nm process (low power), and supports 256GB RAM. Example board: https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-a2sdi-16c-hln4f-16-core-intel-atom-c3955-mitx-motherboard-review/

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

Ideally you'd want something with low power for fast ROI

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hopefully that wont turn into a Delimiter overheating issue when you booting the Rack up.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited September 2017

Hopefully that wont turn into a Delimiter overheating issue when you booting the Rack up.

Wasn't that due to their hvac failing?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2017

@Aidan said:

Wasn't that due to their hvac failing?

Well, as I remember, they had power issues, multiple Racks died.

And these are so dense, that the Heat killed it when they booted up a full rack.

But maybe we can find the old thread somewhere.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2017

@FoxelVox said:

link #1

link #2

The moment you realize that your government STILL only allows $20 items to be shipped to you without tax. If I wanted to pay tax, I would've purchased it locally...

I blame Trudeau. He's done nothing. Absolutely nothing.

• @doghouch said:

@FoxelVox said:

link #1

link #2

The moment you realize that your government STILL only allows $20 items to be shipped to you without tax. If I wanted to pay tax, I would've purchased it locally...

I blame Trudeau. He's done nothing. Absolutely nothing.

That's Stupid, and i thought the dutch government was absolute shit...

• pikepike Veteran
    edited November 2017

@FoxelVox said:

Thanks EU we don't have to care about such things. Also from my (german) point of view dutch politics doesn't look that bad. I like the diverse parliament.

• @pike said:

@FoxelVox said:

Thanks EU we don't have to care about such things. Also from my (german) point of view dutch politics doesn't look that bad. I like the diverse parliament.

Rutte doesn't give a shit if Our people suffer, as long as his ecosystem is ok

• atherosatheros Member
    edited November 2017

@rm_ said:
    Just host bare desktop motherboards on trays, like OVH does

Are they really doing that?

EDIT: Interestingly googling for OVH racks photos got me there: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/15976/data-center-tour - discussion from 2013y (no, I'm not a necromancer)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

20 dollars? Lol I would probably have to pay 50 percent the price of that PC in import fees.

• @risharde said:
    20 dollars? Lol I would probably have to pay 50 percent the price of that PC in import fees.

I remember having similar problems when my laptop broke while abroad. I bought a $120 shitbox, and they wanted $300 in taxes for it, with a receipt and verification that it actually cost $120.

I let them keep the laptop.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Yup @WSS welcome to the world of the third world coupled with being far away geographically

@WSS said:

@risharde said:

I remember having similar problems when my laptop broke while abroad. I bought a $120 shitbox, and they wanted $300 in taxes for it, with a receipt and verification that it actually cost $120.

I let them keep the laptop.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2017

@risharde said:

You missed the fact that my local postal company charges an admin fee for the collection of import duties (I forgot to mention the admin fees). Amazon was definitely not charging the full 13% tax, so I probably would’ve been slapped with a $20-30 admin fee.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2017

@cociu

Depending on what exactly you are looking for and how much memory and CPU you need, UP Squared may work well for you and can be purchased in a few different versions (memory/cpu). It also offer expansion like mini-pcie and m.2 slot. Most come with onboard 32-128GB eMMC (SSD), dual gigabit NIC, etc. If size is important they are super small form factor so you can likely fit more per U than some of the other options presented, but you are bound to the memory and CPU you choose upon ordering.

Also they run on 5v3A, so very low power usage.

You can browse their shop directly: here

my 2 cents.

Cheers!