Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vps'R'us dedicated servers survey - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps'R'us dedicated servers survey

2»

Comments

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

Can somebody please post the poll results I can not access, thanks

Never mind I could see the result this time, please any moderator close this one.

East Coast won, servers are going there.

Thanks for everybody that vote and to all that post comments.

• waiting for offers :-)
    I prefer ssd

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2017

@vpsrus said:
    Never mind I could see the result this time, please any moderator close this one.

A strategic business decision made based solely on the results of a forum poll with 54 votes. Only on LET.

Thanked by 3Aidan justvm WSS

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

A strategic business decision made based solely on the results of a forum poll with 54 votes. Only on LET.

You have seen only one side of the coin, several other factors corroborate for us to choose East Coast, thank you for the comment.

• what other factor? If you didnt care about pool result why keep asking the pool result?

The poll results were only one factor and we did care about it, unfortunately, more than 500 people saw the thread and only 10% voted.

• Asia optimized LA?

@stefeman said:
    Asia optimized LA?

Yes, Asia is very important and was taken into consideration too. Actually, we have servers in LA to attend Asian customers.

• rubiohigueyrubiohiguey Member
    edited September 2017

East coast, all the way through to Dallas / Kansas City would be OK. We are expanding our dedicated server requirements and as we are in the Caribbean, west coast is too far for us, but CHI/MCI/DAL is still OK.

If you do central USA, you might serve both East and West Coasts, and CHI/MCI have been gaining on popularity quite a lot for that same reason.

Would definitely be interested in E3 servers for video transcoding, 9000+ passmark, CPUs with Intel QSV preferred (e.g. 1245,1275 v's). PM me please once you are up and running and have the E3s available.

• @Nekki said:

... and other than @AuroraZ, I think we're all sober. How the hell is this even a concept that made it past the first post?!

• @vpsrus said:

You have seen only one side of the coin, several other factors corroborate for us to choose East Coast, thank you for the comment.

Yeh, sure mate.

@vpsrus said:
    The poll results were only one factor and we did care about it, unfortunately, more than 500 people saw the thread and only 10% voted.

As you’ve been asked, what were the other factors? Show us why you’re not a numpty who made a business decision effectively on the toss of a coin.

Also, you’re confusing page views with unique visitors.

@rubiohiguey said:
    East coast, all the way through to Dallas / Kansas City would be OK. We are expanding our dedicated server requirements and as we are in the Caribbean, west coast is too far for us, but CHI/MCI/DAL is still OK.

If you do central USA, you might serve both East and West Coasts, and CHI/MCI have been gaining on popularity quite a lot for that same reason.

Would definitely be interested in E3 servers for video transcoding, 9000+ passmark, CPUs with Intel QSV preferred (e.g. 1245,1275 v's). PM me please once you are up and running and have the E3s available.

Thank you, I don't know if this work for your needs but we will have E3-1240V2 16GB 2TB

I will PM you when is ready

edited September 2017

@Nekki said:

As you’ve been asked, what were the other factors? Show us why you’re not a numpty who made a business decision effectively on the toss of a coin.

As you have asked here we go:

Contract-MSA-SLA-TOS

Infra structure

Security

Redundancy (Power, Net, cool, etc..)

Compliance

Uptime

Disaster recovery (East and West Coast have issues)

Sales offer:

cabinet power

IP address

Bandwidth

extras

remote hands

and so on...

I believe that it is a little more than location, location is one of the factors that we took into consideration.

I don't know what is the metrics that LET uses on the forum what I see is 10/1

• @vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

As you have asked here we go:

Contract-MSA-SLA-TOS

Infra structure

Security

Redundancy (Power, Net, cool, etc..)

Compliance

Uptime

Disaster recovery (East and West Coast have issues)

Sales offer:

cabinet power

IP address

Bandwidth

extras

remote hands

and so on...

I believe that it is a little more than location, location is one of the factors that we took into consideration.

So then, if all those were a consideration, you already knew which location you were going for before the poll. If that’s the case, why the poll?

Or, both locations came out even on the factors mentioned above and so you made the decision based on the poll results.

I don't know what is the metrics that LET uses on the forum what I see is 10/1

The page literally states that the measure is ‘views’. You could even test it yourself by viewing the thread a bunch of times and watching the count rise. But instead you decided it was an entirely different metric altogether.

I’m not sure you should be allowed to leave the house on your own, let alone run a business unsupervised.

@nekki, thanks for the comments

• @vpsrus said:

In a bit of a muddle now, right?

What I don’t understand is that if you thought deciding on a location by forum poll was a great idea, why did you back off a make excuses rather than defend it?

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

Not at all.

What I don’t understand is that if you thought deciding on a location by forum poll was a great idea, why did you back off a make excuses rather than defend it?

@nekki, I did not back off. it was a part of the whole thing that I thought it was good to ask

• @vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

Not at all.

@nekki, I did not back off. it was a part of the whole thing that I thought it was good to ask

So the poll was essentially just a means of marketing your new range of servers ahead of time?

@Nekki, not at all, we have servers in the West Coast that are not performing good and before we close any contract we decided to check on the survey, actually we expected to have more participation that would give us a better view. We had great offers from West Coast DC but analyzing all of them, West and East, and the factor that fewer people asked for that location in conjunction with not great performance on the West Coast we decided.

• @vpsrus said:
    @Nekki, not at all, we have servers in the West Coast that are not performing good and before we close any contract we decided to check on the survey, actually we expected to have more participation that would give us a better view. We had great offers from West Coast DC but analyzing all of them, West and East, and the factor that fewer people asked for that location in conjunction with not great performance on the West Coast we decided.

So if you’d have had the same amount of responses, but West Coast had come out ontop, what would you have done?

@Nekki, about a day ago I asked the moderators to close this thread, I don't know what are your intentions but it is time to stop and we can exchange popcorn in another thread

• @vpsrus said:
    @Nekki, about a day ago I asked the moderators to close this thread, I don't know what are your intentions but it is time to stop and we can exchange popcorn in another thread

My intentions are to understand your decision making process, I’m more than happy to do so via PM if for some reason you don’t wish to be transparent with your potential customers.

This isn’t a ‘popcorn’ thread by any means, and the fact you seem to think it is speaks volumes. So far I’ve asked you a bunch of fairly reasonable questions based on your participation in this thread and you’ve attempted to evade or ignore them.

If you’re unwilling to provide answers, just say so and I’ll leave you alone, it’s not like you’re duty-bound to provide the information.

I will talk to you on PM soon also don't misunderstand me popcorn was only to lift the humor.