Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS pool
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS pool

Hi,
Like car pooling, i want vps pooling.

I want to share my space from UK Xen 1GB ram 2 core vps with cpanel. I will provide cpanel username and password for your domain.
Plz send me your space requirement andand price offer per month. Max space 10GB HDD. Free backup is not available as of now. Iam making it ready for soon

Vps pooling enables me to cover monthly payment of that vps. That's all..

Comments

• Sounds like a great plan. Hope it doesn't invalidate your service agreement.

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • ucxoucxo Member
    edited September 2017

Are you sure it's a good idea to share an already comparatively small virtual server? Your customer might screw you over by overloading the server and/or hosting illegal content and you might screw them over by providing an unreliable service.
    As far as I can tell, everyone takes a huge risk just to save, what, £2 per month?

If your budget really is that tight and you don't need all the resources provided by the server, why don't you just get a smaller one?

Thanked by 2bersy Intelpentium0
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
    edited September 2017

@WSS said:
    Sounds like a great plan. Hope it doesn't invalidate your service agreement.

I think cPanel/WHM with root access is designed in such a way to create multiple users.

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@intepentium0 said:

@WSS said:

I think cPanel/WHM with root access is designed in such a way to create multiple users.

What @WSS said is for you to check if it will not infringe any of your VPS provider TOS

• @ucxo said:
    Are you sure it's a good idea to share an already comparatively small virtual server? Your customer might screw you over by overloading the server and/or hosting illegal content and you might screw them over by providing an unreliable service.
    As far as I can tell, everyone takes a huge risk just to save, what, £2 per month?

If your budget really is that tight and you don't need all the resources provided by the server, why don't you just get a smaller one?

So, 1 GB Ram vps can host only one site? What can i do with all GBs that i have in that xen vps? One site per vps means i need 1-2 GB space per vps with 8GB ram. Can anyone offer KVM or Xen 8GB ram and 2 GB space for cheap amount?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Most people just call this shared hosting. At that point, even $0.50/m is a bad deal because you can get better, and from people who actually intend to run a shared hosting company.

• @vpsrus said:

@intepentium0 said:

@WSS said:

What @WSS said is for you to check if it will not infringe any of your VPS provider TOS

I got it. I want to offer as shared hosting in a vps and not as vps. Hope there is a difference. I have created a reseller account in WHM and i can add domains. Whmcs will manage other things.

@intepentium0 said:

@vpsrus said:

@intepentium0 said:

@WSS said:

I got it. I want to offer as shared hosting in a vps and not as vps. Hope there is a difference. I have created a reseller account in WHM and i can add domains. Whmcs will manage other things.

If you're selling cpanel accounts and managing the billing with WHMCS, you need a provider tag and you need to make a formal offer.

• Ok. I don't want to break rules here. Iam just searching a way to use my idle space in a cpanel vps for some bucks.
    I think there will be others with the same question..

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@intepentium0 said:

@vpsrus said:

@intepentium0 said:

@WSS said:

Let me see if I got it. You have a VPS you have acquired a cPanel and WHMCS license and you want to sell reseller accounts on your shared hosting, is that it?

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • @vpsrus said:

@intepentium0 said:

@vpsrus said:

@intepentium0 said:

@WSS said:

Let me see if I got it. You have a VPS you have acquired a cPanel and WHMCS license and you want to sell reseller accounts on your shared hosting, is that it?

I have WHMCS license since 2013. But vps is new from a UK host.

This is basically taking on all of the benefits of being a hosting provider while accepting no responsibility. I don't think this is a good idea.

Thanked by 2Intelpentium0 ucxo
  • @jarland said:
    This is basically taking on all of the benefits of being a hosting provider while accepting no responsibility. I don't think this is a good idea.

Iam giving support for my clients. Most of them are through personal contacts. So no such 'deals' or offers. But i have reseller accounts from netcetera, Francisco, onra, Alpharacks and woot (unused due to bad uptime).
    Iam reluctant to ask for a provider tag as my prices are not great. Because usually we buy here and sell outside.
    Hence i requested others to put their offer for sharing the space from vps.

• Bad Idea, member can easily get a shared / reseller hosting / vps for as low as $1 / month on offer section from provider tagged member. Yours is shady deal at best.