Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive aka Quadix Finally Disabled On WHT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive aka Quadix Finally Disabled On WHT

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Read through that thread last night. Glad the OP got his money back. At least there's some justice in the world and I genuinely hope quadix/volumedrive take a huge hit in sales because of it.

• @MasonR said:
    Read through that thread last night. Glad the OP got his money back. At least there's some justice in the world and I genuinely hope quadix/volumedrive take a huge hit in sales because of it.

afaik the op did not get the money yet, the paypal refund is 'pending'

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Pandy said:

@MasonR said:

afaik the op did not get the money yet, the paypal refund is 'pending'

Likely already transferred the funds to their bank account.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

It's not that simple... I read mot-a-mot the WHT thread. First of all, OP did an extremely stupid mistake: he paid $20K instead of $200. Paypal has three stages in confirm button until the money goes out. He should be more careful. He opened a dispute before trying to solve the issue with his provider.
    Of course, Quadix owners did not handle this properly at all! Did they want to keep the money? I doubt because if they really did, then, they are extremely stupid. They would lose the case in any court and they would be arrested for fraud. Not to mention that the bad publicity could (can) kill entirely their business. And they are not new in the market...
    But they should work much better and faster to resolve the issue. And some of their responses in their mails, are... What to say? Crappy...

You should think something similar when paying a corp thru a bank account: Let's say, I pay an LTD with accounting dptm., lot;s of employees and a Board of Directors. I did a mistake and overpaid x100 what should I pay to them. Returning of the money is not that simple. If an employ or, even the chief of accounting dpt. just give an order the money to be returned, he would committed a corporate crime. There is a standart procedure to validate the error and return the money, in real companies. It;s not just the press of a button in a web browser.

Just my 2 cents

Thanked by 1perryoo11
  • scammer, all of his execuse didn't make any sense. I suspect they will create another company to sell on WHT

• I've had someone pay me with "two extra 0's at the end" & I sure as hell didn't keep the money.

Not sure where VolumeDrive is located, but spending money that you know isn't yours is usually a criminal offence.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Finally... ;-)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr said: Did they want to keep the money? I doubt because if they really did, then, they are extremely stupid.

• Said they were working on getting him a refund, waiting for funds to clear - then stop responding after this
    • Doctored the original invoice (poorly) to reflect the exact amount paid. With silly line items claiming to lease him more IP space than they even control (as noted by @Francisco)
    • Responded to the Paypal dispute with said doctored invoice, win dispute
    • Shit blows up on WHT and they get outed as trying to scam this guy
    • Immediately backpedal and come up with some poor excuses
    • Finally start the refund process... and the funds aren't available in their account for an immediate refund (meaning they already pulled out the money and don't have $20k in their Paypal that's waiting to clear)

They wanted to keep the money, they fall into the 'extremely stupid' category.

If you're doing business with them, get the fuck outta there ASAP. A (probably big) source of new clients was just cut off with their account being disabled.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • I'm, I'm ... speechless ... now THAT is fraud! 16,000 IPs for one server how can this be real... fuck them.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

plus bandwidth allocation 20 gbps lol

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@FredQc said:

I'm, I'm ... speechless ... now THAT is fraud! 16,000 IPs for one server how can this be real... fuck them.

Note the shit attempt to doctor the billing periods for all those items they added (see the date range for first item on list vs the rest)

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

they are trying to show that customer added those items to single server for running month only

• RizRiz Member
    edited September 2017

It disgusts me that they tried to pull this crap - especially when the guy has been a valid customer for a good amount of time.

The amount of unanswered responses dodging the question is great. There is no ownership, or even attempt to explain.

@Harambe said:

@FredQc said:

I'm, I'm ... speechless ... now THAT is fraud! 16,000 IPs for one server how can this be real... fuck them.

Note the shit attempt to doctor the billing periods for all those items they added (see the date range for first item on list vs the rest)

The line items don't even match the same formatting/spelling.

Francisco

• Jesus that’s disgraceful - surely that warrants a ban from LET too?

• @Nekki said:
    Jesus that’s disgraceful - surely that warrants a ban from LET too?

I called @jbiloh on it in the cest pit based on his own words. I'd hope so - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2384276/#Comment_2384276

• @Riz said:

@Nekki said:
    Jesus that’s disgraceful - surely that warrants a ban from LET too?

I called @jbiloh on it in the cest pit based on his own words. I'd hope so - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2384276/#Comment_2384276

Why would you ask Jon? @Jarland runs LET.

Thanked by 2Riz jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Yeah, VD/Quadix have always been shady. Plenty of proof around. They do deserve to be banned. Such assholes.

• Scary thing. He must have millions in his paypal to make such a mistake. When I send $5 I check it 10 time not to send $6.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

What did you guys expect anyway? Its the same company that ran off from one datacenter without paying bills and stole customers colocated hardware in the progress? Even this one server in the case could be stolen hardware for all we know.

Thanked by 1yomero

@stefeman said:
    What did you guys expect anyway? Its the same company that ran off from one datacenter without paying bills and stole customers colocated hardware in the progress? Even this one server in the case could be stolen hardware for all we know.

Grinding off all the service tags on them Dell's!

Francisco

• I'm just amazed they weren't banned before for that incident few years back.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Very inhumane of them.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

shameful of them...

• Amazing that they seemed to think they'd get away with it. Talk about ballsy!

• @jvnadr said:
    He opened a dispute before trying to solve the issue with his provider.

He informed them about the mistake and had no reply for nearly a week before proceeding to open a dispute on PayPal. The invoice was on the 15th of August, dispute opened on the 22nd of August.

The worst part is that this may not be over yet. Until he has the funds and it's not in a pending state then this is still ongoing. I agree it was a stupid mistake on his behalf.

Even with banning them they're cheap enough that people will ignore all the shady things they've done and continue purchasing from them.

IThinkUFailed said: Even with banning them they're cheap enough that people will ignore all the shady things they've done and continue purchasing from them.

VD is a popular host for DDOS since they "forget" to block spoofing.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

IThinkUFailed said: Even with banning them they're cheap enough that people will ignore all the shady things they've done and continue purchasing from them.

VD is a popular host for DDOS since they "forget" to block spoofing.

Francisco

Yeah, I've heard that too.

• From an accounting point of view i can see the refund taking a while. I never worked for a company that would refund thst amount without the funds clearing and being in their accounts.