Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PageClick Brief Review - Please don't do business this way.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PageClick Brief Review - Please don't do business this way.

truesouthtruesouth Member
edited September 2017 in Reviews

A year ago I decided to give a chance to the new reseller service that Ishaq launched here.

The service itself was not so bad for the price you paid. The server had some misconfiguration problems. I put 4 little websites with almost no traffic.

They always responded quickly as I contacted the support.

However, the server's performance was a bit weak, so I decided to cancel just before the end of the one-year period.

My surprise was when I was charged again for another period of one year.

Confident that they are a transparent company, I decided to contact the support explaining what happened. That is, I canceled the service previously because I DO NOT NEED IT MORE. And I asked for the refund of the money paid for the renovation.

They refused, despite having respectfully explained my intentions not to continue with the service, even though I had canceled my account before the first year expired.

I'll leave some screenshots for you to judge for yourself.

On August 30th I contacted Ishaq again, however, he never responded again.

Please avoid this service.

Comments

• You left your PayPal subscription active. Many consider this a "stupidity tax".

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

You have to login to Paypal and cancel the subscription. Double check your original service cancellation email, normally there's a notice in there to cancel any open PP subscriptions. The provider can't cancel it on their end, it has to be done by you.

You didn't get scammed.

You forgot to cancel the payment subscription with a provider who does not provide refunds on subscription payments (most hosts have this same policy). They'll issue you an account credit if you'd like to purchase the service again though.

Your options: use your account credit now for another year of service, or don't. The end.

• We re-activated the account as requested, you said you wanted the files, we said this is not possible. We then advised if you don't want to renew NEXT year, request cancellation and close the subscription.

Simple.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Yet another user who blames their own fault on a provider.

• They dident charged you, you sent the payment.

Thanked by 3Aidan CConner doghouch
  • Even though it was his fault for not cancelling it, I am not sure why you aren't refunding it @Ishaq - He hasn't used any of the resources and clearly has made his intentions known before the end of the billing period. Sounds like you are just trying to hold onto money?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @6ixth said:
    Even though it was his fault for not cancelling it, I am not sure why you aren't refunding it @Ishaq - He hasn't used any of the resources and clearly has made his intentions known before the end of the billing period. Sounds like you are just trying to hold onto money?

As I know they do not offer anytime money back so no reason to refund. If he is hit by a hurricane then he deserve a refund but not in other cases.

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

Harambe said: The provider can't cancel it on their end, it has to be done by you.

Believe me or not, but in whmcs you can click on "cancel subscription" as provider.

• @WHT said:

@6ixth said:
    Even though it was his fault for not cancelling it, I am not sure why you aren't refunding it @Ishaq - He hasn't used any of the resources and clearly has made his intentions known before the end of the billing period. Sounds like you are just trying to hold onto money?

As I know they do not offer anytime money back so no reason to refund. If he is hit by a hurricane then he deserve a refund but not in other cases.

True but it's still just being inconsiderate to the customer, people make mistakes, hiding behind policy to hold onto money you shouldn't actually have isn't so good either.

• @6ixth said:

@WHT said:

@6ixth said:

True but it's still just being inconsiderate to the customer, people make mistakes, hiding behind policy to hold onto money you shouldn't actually have isn't so good either.

His service is active, where is the problem?

• Other than the fee incurred, which could be deducted from the refund and the whole hassle of it all, what other reasons do hosts not want to process that refund?

I've been careful about my subscriptions but I can surely see from the point of view of customers who forgot and didn't use any resources.. Do they deserve their money back, minus the fees?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2017

ChristianDSH said: Believe me or not, but in whmcs you can click on "cancel subscription" as provider.

Why would a Customer send a payment if the Customer wants the service continued?

One could interpret it as a clear intention to continue the service.

I can see the opposite situation where the Customer cancels, subsequently pays the invoice (potentially forgetting that he cancelled or maybe as he changed his mind), you terminate the service anyway, and then the Customer is surprised and sharing on the forums story how the service was cancelled despite payment was sent.

• I have an idle annual plan which has not expired yet. After they moved to their own servers, it's been performing pretty well. Have no complaints

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: One could interpret it as a clear will to continue the service.

True that, but in most cases i'm accommodating person, if he cancelled it in time i just refund the payment.

Since what advantage does one more payment bring you against loosing a customer and potential referrals from that customer for lifetime.

Clouvider said: I can see the opposite situation where the Customer cancels, subsequently pays the invoice

In whmcs that isn't even possible, if a cancellation request has been done whmcs will not generate a new invoice.

Thanked by 2CloudxtnyHost iKeyZ
  • Mistakes happens. We all did. Now it is up to the provider. To refund or not that is the question. I really wish the provider show good intention and refund the payment instead of hiding behind the TOS.

Just because it is your RIGHT doesn't mean it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • It was my responsibility to have canceled the recurring payment on PayPal. However, I forgot.

I am sure that I am not the first to have forgotten it.

And so there are some who approve such shady practices? That is, fuc* the customer.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2017

It is so shady that PP even created a guide for it :O https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-subscription-faq577#personal

Anyway I guess Id refund to skip this argument.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @Ympker said:
    It is so shady that PP even created a guide for it :O https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-subscription-faq577#personal

Anyway I guess Id refund to skip this argument.

I mean keep money from people, even though they have expressed that they will not use the service.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

Here is the problem you posted a review on the basis of trying to bully the provider into giving your money back due to your own mistake. So again you got refunded in account credit, which is perfectly legit because its your own mistake. First this is a shady ass review and you DON'T deserve your money back because of this. Be a man and move on. It is your FAULT.

Edit: Change of thread title to: I forgot to cancel my paypal subscription and i want to post a false review to get my money back.

Thanked by 2FredQc jvnadr
  • PieNotEvenEaten said: false review

By definition, it can't be considered as false/fake unless wrong information is provided

Thanked by 2ChristianDSH sanvit
  • truesouthtruesouth Member
    edited September 2017

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Here is the problem you posted a review on the basis of trying to bully the provider into giving your money back due to your own mistake. So again you got refunded in account credit, which is perfectly legit because its your own mistake. First this is a shady ass review and you DON'T deserve your money back because of this. Be a man and move on. It is your FAULT.

Edit: Change of thread title to: I forgot to cancel my paypal subscription and i want to post a false review to get my money back.

I think you do not get the point, because all you think about is money. I have not even indicated the amount for which the refund has been requested.

The point is that the company tries to keep the money at all costs, despite having evidence that the service has been canceled in advance and that the payment has been sent for a human error.

You can review the screenshots.

I am here to share my experience, not to convince you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yes it's nice when people don't hold themselves to their own policies in your favor. No it's not nice or polite to expect them to and try to publicly shame them for not doing so. It's rather dickish, actually.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@truesouth I will call it bullshit. You posted this to shame a provider for your fuck up. Stop playing the victim. It is not even a review it more like a tutorial on how to make a provider look bad.

• Thanks for your review.

This review can help newbie to beware with hosting company, especially LET's vps and hosting service that using PayPal preapproved/subscription payments.
    I will avoid them, they love hiding behind their tos.

Yes, it's our fault to forget cancelling subscription. So just don't use them. Beware

• Have they made the subscriptions easier to find? I know a while back it was rather difficult to find them.

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul imok
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2017

@lazyt said:
    Have they made the subscriptions easier to find? I know a while back it was rather difficult to find them.

On PayPal? Just go to the individual transaction page and it'll give you links to subscriptions and pre-approved payments.

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • Nice if you remember it was a subscription. Wasn't there once a page that had all of the subscriptions on it?

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • @lazyt said:
    Nice if you remember it was a subscription. Wasn't there once a page that had all of the subscriptions on it?

3 clicks now:

Settings cogwheel -> Payments -> Manage Automatic Payments

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited September 2017

@mikho said:
    Yet another user who blames their own fault on a provider.

This is called fraud, this is not clients fault. Many reputable providers already know how it called, and respect their customers to not pay automatically payments until they will confirm that a client confirmed several times that he will authorize that payment and will pay for this thing. Usually, people who do not respect client rights, forcing clients to subscribe for payments without any describes to their clients. And around half of the providers, do not even mind to send several warnings before payment if a user has automatically payment enabled.

Try to understand paragraph above, i know it's hard. The main sense of it: "please make sure your clients know about future payments 30 - 14 - 7, 6, 5, 4, ,3 ,2 ,1 days before payment. Make sure they will confirm and understand that money will be automatically taken from their account."

Check how OVH do their job, or Ramnode, it's how it must be served and managed.

USA providers usually doing that, because in their country this is ok to have such subscriptions, but in the rest world, this is not the popular thing.

And yes, nothing against PageClick, just add several warnings and try to explain to your clients what will happen if they will do. And the most important part, make sure that client understood you, not just did blind click on a checkbox, but understand. The good example how it's doing OVH / NameSilo.

Thanked by 2maldovia jiggawatt
  • Thanks I'm using the PayPal app most of the time. Not seeing the 3 clicks. No payments just payment preferences that merely shows banks cards and PayPal credit.

Thanked by 1maldovia