Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a lowend storage VPS? Start here. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a lowend storage VPS? Start here.

Comments

• @FredQc said:

caracal said: I wonder if the "snapshots" are on a different node though.

No, it's a non-writable folder inside your disk space.

Ah.
    Are the snapshots part of the 10TB disk space? Does that mean I have more than 6TB data on it, I can't make snapshots?

• caracal said: Are the snapshots part of the 10TB disk space? Does that mean I have more than 6TB data on it, I can't make snapshots?

Yes and yes.

Thanked by 2caracal vimalware
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited September 2017

TransIP in NL has their big storage addons to their VPSes: https://www.transip.eu/vps/big-storage/ https://www.transip.eu/vps/

10EUR/m(plus VPS cost) per 2TB of ZFS space up to supposedly 400TB.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @Amitz said:
    For higher storage needs, Europe, netcup.de:
    https://www.netcup.de/vserver/vstorage.php

For storage, it doesn't seem as cost effective. Take this server vs cheapest storage:

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1564

18 vs 2 RAM, 6 dedicated vs 1 virtual, 720gb vs 1.5 tb

So half the storage but outstanding specs otherwise.

• Work much appreciated @MasonR

No one for any "asian" storage?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Miky said:
    Work much appreciated @MasonR

Thanks! Not that I've seen on LET. Typically providers in L.A. (such as Backupsy, HostHatch, or LetBox) have the lowest latency to Asia. Sometimes you can purchase an addon IP for Asia-optimized routes, not sure who offers these.

Can no longer update the post, so any additions/deletions will be made in the comments.

PSA: Treudler plans are all out of stock (and possibly not coming back).

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@MasonR said:

@Miky said:
    Work much appreciated @MasonR

Thanks! Not that I've seen on LET. Typically providers in L.A. (such as Backupsy, HostHatch, or LetBox) have the lowest latency to Asia. Sometimes you can purchase an addon IP for Asia-optimized routes, not sure who offers these.

Yes we do Asia-optimized routes come with all our Prefix for free charge.

Thanked by 2MasonR Miky
  • bersybersy Member
    edited September 2017

https://spartanhost.org/vps#storage kvm40 promo code is available (except 100GB offer)

XenPower

• Anyone can provide me a KVM VPS with following the specifications?

512 GB HDD Storage
    8 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    4 Cores CPU (2.20+ Mhz)
    2 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    DDoS Protected (10 Gbps+)
    1 Gbit/s 10 TB Bandwidth
    Price: $15-20 / Per Monthly

@khalequzzaman17 said:
    Anyone can provide me a KVM VPS with following the specifications?

Possibly @exception0x876 -- take a look at https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

Has unlimited traffic @ 250mbps and 2 cores (but you can max them out). You'd need to get a price on adding an additional IP.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @MasonR said:
    Can no longer update the post, so any additions/deletions will be made in the comments.

Not true, last night I reloaded the website and bought the sales storage plan.

@NANO said:

@MasonR said:

Right... They were temporarily out of stock while they resolved some issues. At the time of the comment they were out of stock, looks like they're accepting orders now though.

• @MasonR said:

@NANO said:

@MasonR said:

Right... They were temporarily out of stock while they resolved some issues. At the time of the comment they were out of stock, looks like they're accepting orders now though.

Yeah, I now the plans where out of stock I tried several days with no luck, but I was sad when saw your "possibly not coming back" comment, but Im happy that I tried last night and everything was ok.

Thanked by 1MasonR

@NANO said: but I was sad when saw your "possibly not coming back" comment

Yeah, some dingus on the Treudler review thread said they talked to the owner and that the plans weren't being restocked. Glad that's not the case though.

• Treudler plans are available to order right now.

@tenpera said:
    Treudler plans are available to order right now.

Thanks for the invaluable comment. Did by any chance bother reading the last few comments?

• MasonR said: Glad that's not the case though.

• LOL

tenpera, go to bed you need some sleep...

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited September 2017

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

They currently have a bunch of 1 TB/2 TB VPSs and dedis for 10 to 20€.
    No idea what RAID they're using for the virtual ones, but you should always have offsite backups anyway.

• Keep in mind that they're selling virtual machines as "dedicated". You're severly limited on what they work with as an OS, and their support is halfassed at best.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited September 2017

@WSS said:
    Keep in mind that they're selling virtual machines as "dedicated". You're severly limited on what they work with as an OS, and their support is halfassed at best.

Agreed, listing "cloud" servers as dedicated is a little confusing. I guess they just couldn't be bothered changing their website since they only ever sold dedis before (outside of their unified OneCloud thingy).

As for the OS, my 2 TB VPS is running FreeBSD. Not sure if they had a mountable ISO or if I had to use my Grub-iPXE chainloader, but it's definitely possible to install a custom OS.

Oh, and I didn't think support quality mattered since hostsolutions.ro is also on the list. ;)

• @ucxo said:
    As for the OS, my 2 TB VPS is running FreeBSD. Not sure if they had a mountable ISO or if I had to use my Grub-iPXE chainloader, but it's definitely possible to install a custom OS.

Cloud, or one of the actual shitboxes? I wanted to throw FBSD 11 on a cloud, and even though they claim it supported almost everything, they adamantly refused to load my netboot ISO. That was the second time they pissed me off, and the last.

Oh, and I didn't think support quality mattered since hostsolutions.ro is also on the list. ;)

Guess who else I don't have service with!

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited September 2017

@WSS Both. :P

No, actually, I'm running FreeBSD on the 10€ 2TB Cloud offer from two months ago and a custom Debian 8 (debootstrap'd from their Ubuntu rescue system) on the 2×1TB i3 dedi from a little while before that.

Installing the dedi was horrid (pretty much the same problems with RAID config and KVM access as described by everyone in the OneProvider i3 thread), but installing the cloud machine was okay.

I've had my fair share of OneProvider and Online.net support "experiences" of course, so those machines are only meant for testing or cold storage at best. They'll start being useful when I get the hang of BorgBackup.

• Amazing task. Thanks a lot for the list.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • hi guys, any one knows how long @Treudler will deliver the hdd-let-special one? I have paid the invoice but it seems that their system is not automatically setup, no response from online chat.

May you help? @NANO thanks

@colingpt said: any one knows how long @Treudler will deliver the hdd-let-special one?

First off, how long ago did you purchase the service? May be manually provisioned, so give it at least 24 hours to let them sort it out.

Secondly, have you submitted a support ticket?

• @colingpt said:
    hi guys, any one knows how long @Treudler will deliver the hdd-let-special one? I have paid the invoice but it seems that their system is not automatically setup, no response from online chat.

May you help? @NANO thanks

For me was like 12 hours to get the service activation... not nice really.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • @NANO said:
    For me was like 12 hours to get the service activation... not nice really.

thx for the info, I am still waiting for their response.