Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared hosting with dedicated IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared hosting with dedicated IP

Is there anyone else that does cheap shared hosting with dedicated IP's? I know of buyshared and vpshared.

Comments

• alpharacks, nodecomet

• @jvnadr said:
    alpharacks, nodecomet

Sorry I should have stated in the $5/year category

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
    edited September 2017

You mean, a dedi ip including hosting per annum for $5?
    Or you are looking for cpanel hosting in a vps that has dedicated ip?

• eloftyelofty Member
    edited September 2017

@intepentium0 said:
    Or you are looking for cpanel hosting in a vpsvps that has dedicated ip?

dedicated ip with shared hosting. yes $5/year or similar. Thats what the others offer it for, just want to see what other options are out there.

• @elofty said:

@intepentium0 said:

dedicated ip with shared hosting. yes $5/year or similar. Thats what the others offer it for, just want to see what other options are out there.

You should actually lookup the current IPv4 situation and realise you're not getting shit for 5$ a year

• @elofty

By "others," only @Francisco actually offers this as far as I know.

Just grab a Virmach deal when it restocks. Done.

• @FoxelVox said:

@elofty said:

@intepentium0 said:

You should actually lookup the current IPv4 situation and realise you're not getting shit for 5$ a year

As soon as ipv6 is mainstream i'll jump on board but until then i'd prefer ipv4.

• FlamesRunner said: Just grab a Virmach deal when it restocks. Done.

https://virmach.com/special-offers/ it's in stock

• What is the benifit of dedicated IP in shared hosting? someone explain plezzzz

• gonduriya said: What is the benifit of dedicated IP in shared hosting? someone explain plezzzz

It's for SEO purpose I guess.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@bersy said:

gonduriya said: What is the benifit of dedicated IP in shared hosting? someone explain plezzzz

I think it's more about avoiding being on the same IP as bad sites. I see it as added protection if someone on the same server gets DDoS'd, at least they can nullroute the IP and my sites don't get knocked out in the process.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @bersy said:

gonduriya said: What is the benifit of dedicated IP in shared hosting? someone explain plezzzz

SEO? lol

Thanked by 2Aidan MasonR
  • bersybersy Member
    edited September 2017

doghouch said: SEO? lol

yeah, lol

• decided to go with virmach much faster server than eleven2 and cheap for the ip