Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SaaS Deals!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SaaS Deals!

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hey friends,

For September, let's try something a little different. I don't know how many providers here can get in on this, but maybe we can at least share deals we've found for it.

The product here is software as a service. It's a pretty broad scope. It could be plex, owncloud, wordpress, anything really. What makes it stand out is that this software is provided directly as a service, you're not just handed root with it installed on a server to manage yourself. So let's see what happens!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2017

That should be fun. I'm genuinely interested how it plays out.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I will tag some provider I knew

@cubedata @gleert

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

jarland said: you're not just handed root with it installed on a server to manage yourself

Though I said this, zxplay still might be a contender here. Really matters if they manage or support the software.

• What about windows programs ? I have something created for some of mine clients for backup propose

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@cociu said:
    What about windows programs ? I have something created for some of mine clients for backup propose

If it fits. Here's a more in depth description: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as_a_service

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Piwik

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @cociu said:
    What about windows programs ? I have something created for some of mine clients for backup propose

Sister as a Service?

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@Aluminat said:
    I will tag some provider I knew

@cubedata @gleert

SaaS? so could that be my vps panel I am in the process of making?
    https://vscppanel.com?

as I didn't think of making it SaaS based but that would solve the issue of having to "police" the ioncube copies and the licensing for it.

• vscppanel.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Competing with CPanel right here

• cubedata said: SaaS? so could that be my vps panel I am in the process of making? https://vscppanel.com?

Sorry, I thought you already finished it. That's I tagged you.

edited September 2017

@WSS said:

vscppanel.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    > HTTP ERROR 500

could be because I am moving blesta over right now to another cms that isn't handled by blesta_cms since licensecart.com was sold :(

@Aluminat said:

cubedata said: SaaS? so could that be my vps panel I am in the process of making? https://vscppanel.com?

Sorry, I thought you already finished it. That's I tagged you.

yes I have it done just need to think about how to do SaaS though for it automated.
    though with the current issues with what I am seeing licensecart sold among other internal things I have seen happen at blesta directly I am just going to say might need to rewrite the licensing code or strip it out now because blesta will likely be replaced now by something like whsuite I plan to rewrite completely since it is open source now and make it like I want it and put a licensing system inside it or make my own external separate license system

• @cubedata said:

@WSS said:

> > HTTP ERROR 500

could be because I am moving blesta over right now to another cms that isn't handled by blesta_cms since licensecart.com was sold :(

So, you're making your own kit, but still dependent on Blesta? That's neat.

@WSS said:

@cubedata said:

@WSS said:

> > > HTTP ERROR 500

So, you're making your own kit, but still dependent on Blesta? That's neat.

nope not anymore after this will be rolling my own panel and also running out a separated cms site manager separate from the billing and licensing panel

• @jarland said:

jarland said: you're not just handed root with it installed on a server to manage yourself

Though I said this, zxplay still might be a contender here. Really matters if they manage or support the software.

Would happy to drop in an offer, all our Plex Plan's we do offer full Plex support, installation, upgrades troubleshooting of Plex e.t.c. However we always provide full root access to the user as the end of the day it is their content :)

How about I create a OS Template with Plex and a few other bit's and bob's and put an offer up that comes default with this?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

I can do Scam As A Service - Sign up with cupon saas with any yearly plan, I will cancel the accout after 30days and ignore your emails.

• @pbgben said:
    I can do Scam As A Service - Sign up with cupon saas with any yearly plan, I will cancel the accout after 30days and ignore your emails.

$7?

• @pbgben said:

Isn't that Summerhost As A Service?

• @pbgben said:

What? Use random.org to generate a random amount of days that the server will last. Make sure to set the maximum to 1.

• @cubedata sorry for ot but did you consider moving your licensecart license to original blesta, now that it was sold?

I'm not entirely sure if it does count but does Heroku count?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:
    @cubedata sorry for ot but did you consider moving your licensecart license to original blesta, now that it was sold?

Licensecart sold ?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2017

@Clouvider said:

@Ympker said:
    @cubedata sorry for ot but did you consider moving your licensecart license to original blesta, now that it was sold?

Licensecart sold ?

@cubedata said so :/ Although I wasn't informed via email..

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

@pbgben said:

What? Use random.org to generate a random amount of days that the server will last. Make sure to set the maximum to 1.

98% downtime guarantee. If its not down, you'll get ya money back!

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited September 2017

This is a great idea and I am going to give an offer for Wordpress

WordPress hosting in London fully managed hosting on a KVM VPS for $10/mo

This Package Includes:

1-Installation of your WordPress website with latest php and nginx.

2-Hosting your Wordpress on a KVM VPS with the following specs {1vCPU, 1GB RAM, 15GB SSD}

2-Daily backups.

3-Maintenance of your WordPress website.

4-Performance optimization of your WordPress website.

5-Hardening your Wordpress website security.

6-Daily check of your WordPress website health and security.

7-Troubleshooting your WordPress website.

Order Now

Wordpress theme development from your html5/css for $50/mo contact us

• @mohamed said:

This Package Includes:

2-Hosting your Wordpress on a KVM VPS with the following specs {1vCPU, 1GB RAM, 15GB SSD}

2-Daily backups.

Order Now

._.

• @mohamed said:

This Package Includes:

2-Daily backups.

Order Now

Is that SaaS? Even if it is, BORING.

@Ympker said:

@Clouvider said:

@Ympker said:

Licensecart sold ?

@cubedata said so :/ Although I wasn't informed via email..

yep I have been reading in between the lines of licensecart and mike not being around and now a alex now answering everything instead of mike indicates to me strongly licensecart was sold silently without any notice to us.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • cpsdcpsd Member
    edited September 2017

I am interested in a MariaDB database located in EU, cheaper than AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform or having a VPS with you :).

I don't need speed nor dedicated resources and it can be a shared server, because i will import just a daily backup.

I only need 1 database user with a few allowed ips to log in and a daily cron job running a script to download (I would appreciate having rclone installed to get them)/import them.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@cpsd BuyShared might work? (in Luxembourg) https://buyshared.net/shared-cpanel-hosting/

Thanked by 2cpsd yakblack
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

What about providing DDoS protection (upto 400G) @$100/mo per IP address ?

• @BlaZe said:
    What about providing DDoS protection (upto 400G) @$100/mo per IP address ?

Wouldn't that be Infrastructure as a Service?

Thanked by 1BlaZe