Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BGP Internet L2TP/GRE tunnel nearby France
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BGP Internet L2TP/GRE tunnel nearby France

servpersoservperso Member, LIR
edited September 2017 in Requests

Hello,
I search if someone can provide me a bgp tunnel with up to 1G bandwidth (i don't need guaranted bandwidth, but a brustable 1G).

A lot of provider do that for "anti-ddos" prupose, but i don't search that. I just want to use a subnet over a provider who didn't allow BGP session (OVH).

Price and latency with ping.ovh.net is my main criteria.

It's for announce IPV4 and why not ipv6 (i also have ipv6 tunnel)

Nb: i'm ok for GRE or L2TP tunnel on top of it

Thanks

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

BGP is not a tunnelling protocol. It's a signaling protocol.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • @Clouvider .... seriously ;)
    To be more honest, i understand it's a signaling protocol but i search a tunnel with the possibility to run a bgp session and route my internet traffic on top of it

• You could possibly do this with Vultr. Spin up an instance, setup a GRE tunnel and run BGP over the GRE tunnel.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@r0t3n said:
    You could possibly do this with Vultr. Spin up an instance, setup a GRE tunnel and run BGP over the GRE tunnel.

He will have to pay for overage bandwidth lol.

• @rsk said:

@r0t3n said:
    You could possibly do this with Vultr. Spin up an instance, setup a GRE tunnel and run BGP over the GRE tunnel.

No way around it, unless he gets OVH to provide him a BGP session which will never happen.

If he's lucky, he may be able to find an unmetered bandwidth host to provide him a BGP session but I highly doubt they will tank the amount of bandwidth OVH would allow him to push.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@r0t3n said:

@rsk said:

@r0t3n said:

No way around it, unless he gets OVH to provide him a BGP session which will never happen.

If he's lucky, he may be able to find an unmetered bandwidth host to provide him a BGP session but I highly doubt they will tank the amount of bandwidth OVH would allow him to push.

That's exactly my point; as in i doubt its worth it. There are better ways to tackle this.

• @rsk said:

@r0t3n said:

@rsk said:

@r0t3n said:

That's exactly my point; as in i doubt its worth it. There are better ways to tackle this.

Indeed, but it also depends on his needs. If OP went to OVH to eat cheap bandwidth then this is not a good solution, but if OP only wants to eat a few TB/month then could be a usable solution, allbeit it wont have the added extras like OVH antiddos etc.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Your best bet for reliable stuff is to ditch a provider that cannot support you, and move to the one that can do it natively :-).

• r0t3n said: unless he gets OVH to provide him a BGP session which will never happen.

They do. The cost is 4 digits and similar to the one for announce (Status 2016)

r0t3n said: No way around it

An ISP that peers with OVH on an IX might be able to offer this route much cheaper/nearly free, but yea in/outbound from the BGP server to internet is still normal billed then.