Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Request] - A decent server with min. 32 GB RAM + 2 x 480 GB SSD - 250mbit+ connection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] - A decent server with min. 32 GB RAM + 2 x 480 GB SSD - 250mbit+ connection

I'm doing a lot of testing with lots of virtual Windows servers and Workstations. Around 10-12.
Today I'm using my OVH server with 64 GB RAM and 4 x 2 TB drives + a online 32 GB RAM with 2 x 2 TB drives to do this testing.
But I do need SSD drives - since a lot of the testing create some IO usage, and on my "old" servers with old drives, it just do not go fast enough.

So I need a server with 2 x 480 GB SSD drives (or at least 1 x 240 + 1 x 480 GB) with at least 32 GB RAM and a CPU with 9000+ benchmark points. And I need to install Windows 2016 on the server so I can run Hyper-V.
I also need at least a 250mbit connection, more is better. Will not use a lot of bandwidth, I think 5 TB is more then enough.

Hetzner Auction have what I need for €47/mo - anybody with a better offer then that?

Comments

• Why do you need storage so fast? :P

• myhken said: Hetzner Auction have what I need for €47/mo - anybody with a better offer then that?

in this price definetly no

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Why do you need storage so fast? :P

As he has 10-12 windows instances on it.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • doghouch said: Why do you need storage so fast? :P

For, when I etc start patching of 10-12 VM's at the same time, disk IO is the only thing that slow me down. CPU and RAM usage is fine.

• cociu said: in this price definetly no

When you can't offer me a better deal...I doubt anyone can. Maybe just go for Hetzner?

• myhken said: Maybe just go for Hetzner?

That'll be the best.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2017

@myhken said:

cociu said: in this price definetly no

When you can't offer me a better deal...I doubt anyone can. Maybe just go for Hetzner?

probably nothing cheaper out there. only last week you should have grabbed an EX41-SSD at 39 € without setup fee :/

PS: maybe hope for someone to come with an offer to transfer one out instead of simply letting go after a month

Thanked by 1myhken
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

I know my quote is a bit higher than what you are after, but I thought i'd throw it out there incase.

Intel Xeon E3-1240v5

32GB DDR4 ECC

2 x 480GB SSD

1Gbps port with 20TB transfer

IPMI/KVM (Install your own OS)

Hosted in London Docklands

A+B power feeds and dual power supplies

Price: £60.00 ex VAT/m