Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Somagu] Free 512 MB KVM VPS (NAT based) in South Korea. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Somagu] Free 512 MB KVM VPS (NAT based) in South Korea.

13»

Comments

• chihcherngchihcherng Veteran
    edited September 2017

My Taiwan number worked without issue. I omitted the leading zero from my number when entering though. I don't know if this applies to other countries.

My number is something like 0911xxxxxx. Taiwan's country code is 886. The number I entered at Somagu.com is 886911xxxxxx.

• Omitting the leading zero did work for me.

My first VPS from South Korea. Thanks weongyo so much.

• syahpiansyahpian Member
    edited September 2017

@tonyapac said:

@MrPsycho said:

@try4lontalk said:
    Too bad I am too late. Never had any VPS from Korea. Just wanted to try one. :(

Same here :(

me too

try now, i just create my vps and success

also, is there anyway to use putty or install desktop environment like Xfce on this vps?

and thank to @weongyo for the vps

• @syahpian said:
    also, is there anyway to use putty or install desktop environment like Xfce on this vps?

Why not? 512MB of RAM is more than enough for running light desktops (let alone PuTTY).
    https://l3net.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/a-memory-comparison-of-light-linux-desktops/ (not up to date, just to get an idea)

• ndlong75ndlong75 Member
    edited September 2017

hi,

the vps is running. but I do not know how to connect to it. i even receive no email.
    where is the NAT port, username and password ?

thanks

update: found here https://www.somagu.com/docs/en/login.html

• Hmm... I omitted the 1 in my number and it claims to be sent but I got nothing either, so idk how to get the sms to me..

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited September 2017

Announcement: End of Beta period

Please be aware that the Beta period would end at 9/30/2017 and from 10/1/2017 Somagu service no longer would be free. Our pricing is hourly based and KRW 5 Won (US Dollar $ 0.0043) per hour would be applied if you're using 1 vCPU / 512 MB.
    For details please check Pricing link.