Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter)

Comments

• qtwrkqtwrk Member
    edited September 2017

@FredQc said:
    My thoughts on this one:

I signed up for the unsustainable 1TB deal but then it didn't got provisioned because of a "Paypal error". Finally got it up running but it is unusable at all. Typing in the console is slow as fuck. A simple yum update -y is not going to finish before dark coming for sure. This strangely reminds me of a similar storage deal that we've seen not so long ago. Damn.

I predict this will become another clusterfuck... that smells like it.

Tl;dr I like to try new stuff even if I know it will be shit. I have to try it! My bad, for sure :D

Yes, I post this problem on early post , yum update takes me life time to Complete .

I also opened a ticket regard the issue, they say problem is already be aware and working on solution and said scheduled to place hot patch this evening, so let's see how it goes tonight or tomorrow

• jvnadr said: Giv'em some time... I suppose all the nice fellows in LET that grabbed the deal, are doing tons of benchmark atm...

As of the similar storage deal, I suppose you reffer to @cociu 's deal. It was a pita when he offered the deal here, but nowadays, long after he managed to stabilize his infrastructure, it is working like a charm: fast enough, stable enough and with all the space there! So, kudos to him!

Thanks, Yes we have faill in the start because we have recived many orders in the first 24 hours and was a nightmare our autoprovisioning module but now we are offering a verry good support and no more problems. Also i will prepare something more storage verry soon.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • a 'hot patch' for overselling.. this should be good!

• Alright, I used the wrong word,
    This is quote : We have identified and isolated it, an hot-fix is planned for today's evening.

• @cociu said:

jvnadr said: Giv'em some time... I suppose all the nice fellows in LET that grabbed the deal, are doing tons of benchmark atm...

As of the similar storage deal, I suppose you reffer to @cociu 's deal. It was a pita when he offered the deal here, but nowadays, long after he managed to stabilize his infrastructure, it is working like a charm: fast enough, stable enough and with all the space there! So, kudos to him!

Thanks, Yes we have faill in the start because we have recived many orders in the first 24 hours and was a nightmare our autoprovisioning module but now we are offering a verry good support and no more problems. Also i will prepare something more storage verry soon.

Hi, Any information on incoming storage plan?

• qtwrk said: Hi, Any information on incoming storage plan?

yes , in maximum 2-3 weeks we will have many in stock (arrownd 5000 vps) with the same cupon code . We will anunciate once we will put stoc

Thanked by 3Aidan brueggus atrava
  • cociu said: yes , in maximum 2-3 weeks we will have many in stock (arrownd 5000 vps) with the same cupon code . We will anunciate once we will put stoc

You've forgotten me, haven't you?

• Nekki said: You've forgotten me, haven't you?

no chanse my love , i have been 1 month in my holliday, Croatia again , verry beautifull country !. I will start to work from monday and we will see something for you.

Thanked by 4Xei Nekki sipe pike
  • @cociu said:

Nekki said: You've forgotten me, haven't you?

no chanse my love , i have been 1 month in my holliday, Croatia again , verry beautifull country !. I will start to work from monday and we will see something for you.

For me too? :(

• Right now, server restart takes 25 minutes and the SSH is so slow, it timeouts all the time.

• @stefeman said:

@cociu said:

I think you misunderstand your place in @cociu’s heart.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • @stefeman said:
    Right now, server restart takes 25 minutes and the SSH is so slow, it timeouts all the time.

That’s because half of LET are now ripping the tits out of the service.

• It's working better now again after I restarted my VPS.

• @stefeman said:
    It's working better now again after I restarted my VPS.

Yeah yeah yeah, but my problem is, I just can't reboot it in the middle of nginx compilation...

• My average I/O is now 31.4 MB/s, ffs LET, why'd you have to FUCK IT UP.

• @stefeman said:

@cociu said:

Are you also cociu's love? :-)

Thanks for the review, but that Treudler storage VPS really seems too cheap to be persistently good/reliable, though I can see why people are tempted.

• 42 MB/s Disk speeds here. Its good enough for me. the problem is the CPU load.. some customers are probly mining monero with the CPU.

• Someone wanna place some bets on how long it takes till someone complains?

• @6ixth said:
    My average I/O is now 31.4 MB/s, ffs LET, why'd you have to FUCK IT UP.

Well, disk io isn't really bothers me, what bothers me is network and terminal response speed. I can even type faster then it inputs with one finger...

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

load average: 6.15 LOL

I'm using only 3.3% of my cores.

• @qtwrk said:

@6ixth said:
    My average I/O is now 31.4 MB/s, ffs LET, why'd you have to FUCK IT UP.

Well, disk io isn't really bothers me, what bothers me is network and terminal response speed. I can even type faster then it inputs with one finger...

This can be caused by disk I/O.

• guys , maybe is not the case but is good to know. I happened the same with the storage offer until whe have burn all the offer. Maybe this company is the same this time. We have start to sell in the same node until the node was full and only lather we have swich to another node. This is totaly wrong in storage plans (is need to provide 1 vps in node 1 , 2 vps in node 2 , 3vps in node 3 , in this case is balance the ttraffic and is not burn the first node) and maybe the company is make this error like me. All users is burn the node in the first second and this cause many problems. So we have learn our lesson and in the future we will know what to do to avoid this. Now , at the subject , i supose wait some days and lather make a test and comment what you recive. Right now i can bet the node is almost block with speed tests , instalations, traffic , etc etc.

Thanked by 2S3phy that_guy
  • load average: 6.15 LOL

I'm using only 3.3% of my cores.

Seems legit

• @cociu said:
    guys , maybe is not the case but is good to know. I happened the same with the storage offer until whe have burn all the offer. Maybe this company is the same this time. We have start to sell in the same node until the node was full and only lather we have swich to another node. This is totaly wrong in storage plans (is need to provide 1 vps in node 1 , 2 vps in node 2 , 3vps in node 3 , in this case is balance the ttraffic and is not burn the first node) and maybe the company is make this error like me. All users is burn the node in the first second and this cause many problems. So we have learn our lesson and in the future we will know what to do to avoid this. Now , at the subject , i supose wait some days and lather make a test and comment what you recive. Right now i can bet the node is almost block with speed tests , instalations, traffic , etc etc.

gimmie storage deal pls in EU.

• @cociu said:
    guys , maybe is not the case but is good to know. I happened the same with the storage offer until whe have burn all the offer. Maybe this company is the same this time. We have start to sell in the same node until the node was full and only lather we have swich to another node. This is totaly wrong in storage plans (is need to provide 1 vps in node 1 , 2 vps in node 2 , 3vps in node 3 , in this case is balance the ttraffic and is not burn the first node) and maybe the company is make this error like me. All users is burn the node in the first second and this cause many problems. So we have learn our lesson and in the future we will know what to do to avoid this. Now , at the subject , i supose wait some days and lather make a test and comment what you recive. Right now i can bet the node is almost block with speed tests , instalations, traffic , etc etc.

They only seem to have one of those expensive HG servers, so they're putting everyone there xD Luckily theres SSD Cachecade setup.

• stefeman said: They only seem to have one of those expensive HG servers, so they're putting everyone there xD Luckily theres SSD Cachecade setup.

try to find with more users from here if all is in the same node. If yes .... is sucks

• TreudlerTreudler Member
    edited September 2017

First of all, good evening to all of you.
    We are very glad to hear our name here on LET. We saw many conflicting reviews and we would like to explain everything, as clearly as we can.

1. Due to Cloudflare protection, PayPal was not able to contact our WHMCS's callback and book payments - we are currently checking that out and it will be fixed really soon. Don't worry, your payment will be booked.
    2. Many users are complaining about slow disk speeds on VPS-HDD, that's confirmed and a fix will be implemented in the next few hours (we are thinking about the best solution for all of our loved customers). Some customers were abusing the unlimited IOPS on our VMs, therefore causing endless issues for all the other servers on the node.
      To be totally honest, you can see below 2 benchmark tests: The first one was done some days ago and the second one was done within the last few hours today.

Benchmark started on Wed Aug 30 21:01:23 CEST 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Cores       : 2
    Frequency       : 2399.805 MHz
    Memory          : 2048 MB
    OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab123.9

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Speed tests done from major hosting providers in Europe
    Rotterdam, Netherlands - id3.net =      83.1MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands - Leaseweb = 91.0MB/s
    London, UK - VMHaus = 55.3MB/s
    Roubaix, France - VMHaus = 16.0MB/s
    Manchester, UK - LoveServers = 56.2MB/s
    Frankfurt, Germany - Combhaton = 138MB/s
    Milan, Italy - Seflow  = 31.0MB/s
    Frankfurt, Germany - Vultr = 83.5MB/s
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - Vultr = 108MB/s
    Roost, Luxembourg - BuyVM = 47.8MB/s
    Sophia, Bulgaria - AlphaVPS = 42.3MB/s
    Paris, France - Vultr = 99.6MB/s
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - DigitalOcean = 85.7MB/s
    Alblasserdam, Netherlands - RamNode = 74.6MB/s
    Germany - Link11 = 74.6MB/s
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - HostHatch = 106MB/s
    Västberga, Stockholm - HostHatch = 48.5MB/s
    Barcelona, Spain - GinerNet = 40.6MB/s
    Madrid, Spain - GinerNet = 46.4MB/s

Speed tests done from CDNs
    CDN Cachefly = 21.8MB/s

Speed tests done from major hosting providers in APAC
    Sydney, Australia - Vultr = 17.8MB/s
    Sydney, Australia - HostHatch = 5.75MB/s
    Singapore - Vultr = 7.84MB/s
    Tokyo, Japan - Vultr = 8.86MB/s
    Hong Kong, China - HostHatch = 7.37MB/s
    Singapore - DigitalOcean = 3.30MB/s

Speed tests done from major hosting providers in America
    Atlanta, US - Coloat = 17.1MB/s
    Atlanta, US - RamNode = 15.3MB/s
    Seattle, US - Softlayer = 13.3MB/s
    Seattle, US - RamNode = 11.5MB/s
    Washington, US - Softlayer = 13.3MB/s
    New Jersey, US - BuyVM = 22.7MB/s
    Las Vegas, US - BuyVM = 8.63MB/s
    Miami, US - Vultr = 18.5MB/s
    Los Angeles, US - Vultr = 13.5MB/s
    Los Angeles, US - RamNode = 11.4MB/s
    Los Angeles, US - HostHatch = 11.8MB/s
    Beauharnois, Canada  - VMHaus = 14.1MB/s
    New York City, US - DigitalOcean = 86.9MB/s
    New York City, US - RamNode = 23.4MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 224 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 265 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 283 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 257.333 MB/s

Benchmark started on Sat Sep 2 20:41:53 CEST 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
        Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
        CPU Cores       : 2
        Frequency       : 2399.805 MHz
        Memory          : 2048 MB
        OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
        Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
        Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab123.9

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Speed tests done from major hosting providers in Europe
    Rotterdam, Netherlands - id3.net =      131MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands - Leaseweb = 176MB/s
    London, UK - VMHaus = 52.7MB/s
    Roubaix, France - VMHaus = 10.9MB/s
    Manchester, UK - LoveServers = 57.2MB/s
    Frankfurt, Germany - Combhaton = 124MB/s
    Milan, Italy - Seflow  = 29.2MB/s
    Frankfurt, Germany - Vultr = 86.8MB/s
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - Vultr = 125MB/s
    Roost, Luxembourg - BuyVM = 51.8MB/s
    Sophia, Bulgaria - AlphaVPS = 40.0MB/s
    Paris, France - Vultr = 107MB/s
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - DigitalOcean = 97.2MB/s
    Alblasserdam, Netherlands - RamNode = 79.3MB/s
    Germany - Link11 = 79.3MB/s
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - HostHatch = 49.6MB/s
    Västberga, Stockholm - HostHatch = 38.9MB/s
    Barcelona, Spain - GinerNet = 29.5MB/s
    Madrid, Spain - GinerNet = 32.8MB/s

Speed tests done from CDNs
    CDN Cachefly = 21.9MB/s

Speed tests done from major hosting providers in APAC
    Sydney, Australia - Vultr = 17.6MB/s
    Sydney, Australia - HostHatch = 5.98MB/s
    Singapore - Vultr = 8.47MB/s
    Tokyo, Japan - Vultr = 5.01MB/s
    Hong Kong, China - HostHatch = 8.12MB/s
    Singapore - DigitalOcean = 10.46MB/s

Speed tests done from major hosting providers in America
    Atlanta, US - Coloat = 17.3MB/s
    Atlanta, US - RamNode = 17.2MB/s
    Seattle, US - Softlayer = 12.6MB/s
    Seattle, US - RamNode = 13.9MB/s
    Washington, US - Softlayer = 19.2MB/s
    New Jersey, US - BuyVM = 22.7MB/s
    Las Vegas, US - BuyVM = 8.01MB/s
    Miami, US - Vultr = 18.8MB/s
    Los Angeles, US - Vultr = 13.5MB/s
    Los Angeles, US - RamNode = 12.3MB/s
    Los Angeles, US - HostHatch = 11.4MB/s
    Beauharnois, Canada  - VMHaus = 8.17MB/s
    New York City, US - DigitalOcean = 68.0MB/s
    New York City, US - RamNode = 21.5MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 44.0 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 49.7 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 58.6 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 50.7667 MB/s

We are afraid of seeing unhappy customers and we will do our utmost best to satisfy them, following them step-by-step on their hosting experience. As a token of good will, we have planned some crazy deals, feel free to join our Discord server to know when they'll be live.

Thanked by 1sipe
  • @Treudler said:
    First of all, good evening to all of you.
    We are very glad to hear our name here on LET. We saw many conflicting reviews and we would like to explain everything, as clearly as we can.

1. Due to Cloudflare protection, PayPal was not able to contact our WHMCS's callback and book payments - we are currently checking that out and it will be fixed really soon. Don't worry, your payment will be booked.
    2. Many users are complaining about slow disk speeds on VPS-HDD, that's confirmed and a fix will be implemented in the next few hours (we are thinking about the best solution for all of our loved customers). Some customers were abusing the unlimited IOPS on our VMs, therefore causing endless issues for all the other servers on the node.
      To be totally honest, you can see below 2 benchmark tests: The first one was done some days ago and the second one was done within the last few hours today.

We are afraid of seeing unhappy customers and we will do our utmost best to satisfy them, following them step-by-step on their hosting experience. As a token of good will, we have planned some crazy deals, feel free to join our Discord server to know when they'll be live.

if you don't mind me asking , what is your measure to counter this problem ?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2017

qtwrk said: if you don't mind me asking , what is your measure to counter this problem ?

• kicking abusers (only noticing later those kicked will chargeback and threw bad reviews around)

• implementing harsh IO limits (only noticing later that there will be other complaints/chargebacks and there will be other abusers burning hell out of cpu or network)

• implementing limits on CPU and network (which might lead to further complaints/chargebacks)

• eventually trying to regain customers by throwing even cheaper offers at them and cramming even more customers on a single box until a disk fails and there will be fsck of hell some hardware fails and data is lost unrecoverable or there isn't enough money to renew the servers with OVH next month (whatever occurs first)

will be interesting to see how this is supposed to work if only half of the people on that first node try to max out their TB space given...

at least there obviously are some other servers/services running, which might help to hold up financial issues (as long as there is already any margin on those)

PS: best of luck anyways with the LET crowd and those who will follow once that offer gets mentioned in places...

• Falzo said: any margin

There can be margin of profit with such offers (even small one) and certainly not work on loss, if some parameters are valid, such as: special deal or colo with OVH for the servers, spares bought on bargain/offer (like HDDs) etc. (I dunno if this is our case, though).
    As an example, time4vps can have real profit running storage servers with similar specs and price (and not as offer price but for their normal price) because they own their datacenter, they are an ISP in their country and they fully own servers having all the infrastructure and people to operate it.
    Cociu is, at is seems, another example: even with his ups and downs, he operates his company long enough and still expanding, owning his datacenter and hardware, buying a lot of servers and spears as refurbished or bargain.
    As of Treudler? Only time will tell...