Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Windows on any Wholesaleinternet server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Windows on any Wholesaleinternet server

Install Windows on any Wholesaleinternet server without KVM

links: http://www.tianrunsky.com/?id=73

The article is written in Chinese and you can browse it by Google translate

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Shit, I could have had Windows 10 on my Core2!? Damn you for making me give it up, @Nekki.

Oh well. (goes back to installing ProxMox on a 3C because bored).

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited August 2017

WSS said: Windows 10 on my Core2!?

At my place of education they have Core2 machines running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro, they've upgraded most of the machines though, some are still older 2008-era ones as I guess they ran out of funds or something

• This method has been discussed a lot of time on LET. The key point is finding the correct drivers for the target server.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Don't they scan for windows unlicensed on their network?

• @Hxxx said:

Why do they have to do this? Does MS pay them for that? They only take action if they receive complain from the third party.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Well im not sure but is justified. Remember they must maintain a piracy free network. They also lease Windows licenses so...

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@levnode said:

@Hxxx said:

Why do they have to do this? Does MS pay them for that? They only take action if they receive complain from the third party.

If you are renting a system, it is still theirs. Running an illegal, unlicensed OS will still be their issue, legally, if you choose to do so.

Your year of payments to run XP SP3 on a $5$10/mo host won't even come close to their legal fees.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Hxxx said:

Where'd you hear this from? Would be surprising but it is very easy to check on the network.