Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sogtech said:

We are not perverts nor weirdos.

Then we can’t be friends.

Thanked by 3bugrakoc ___ Waldo19
  • sogtechsogtech Member
    edited August 2017

@Nekki said:

@sogtech said:

We are not perverts nor weirdos.

Then we can’t be friends.

We need not be friends to admire the same thing.

We @ SOG will get through these blocks and gain more acceptance. Its a long road ahead and SOG is just getting started.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sogtech said:

We need not be friends to admire the same thing. We will get through these blocks and gain more acceptance. Its a long road ahead and we are just getting started.

Get out.

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited August 2017

@Nekki said:

@sogtech said:

We need not be friends to admire the same thing. We will get through these blocks and gain more acceptance. Its a long road ahead and we are just getting started.

Get out.

I am actually outside LOL

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sogtech said: I am actually outside LOL

You're actually terrible.

• @Nekki said:

sogtech said: I am actually outside LOL

You're actually terrible.

whatever dude/dudette

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

See, this is what free base does to people. Agression everywhere.

Thanked by 4bugrakoc WSS ___ sin
  • He said he can give activation code to bypass the credit card authorization. So let me try it and I'll post the result here.

• alexyaoyangalexyaoyang Member
    edited August 2017

@sogtech said:

We had an issue with one of our Service Provider which took a while to get identified. But we have fix the problem. It will be really great if you guys can do a benchmark again so that you will get a better picture.

Did another unixbench. The score is worse?

BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 5.1.3)

System: SOG: GNU/Linux
       OS: GNU/Linux -- 4.4.0-57-generic -- #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 9 23:50:32 UTC 2016
       Machine: x86_64 (x86_64)
       Language: en_US.utf8 (charmap="UTF-8", collate="UTF-8")
       CPU 0: QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.5.3 (5000.0 bogomips)
              x86-64, MMX, Physical Address Ext, SYSENTER/SYSEXIT, SYSCALL/SYSRET
       16:18:34 up 6 days, 21:48,  1 user,  load average: 0.09, 0.19, 0.15; runlevel 2017-08-18

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Benchmark Run: Fri Aug 25 2017 16:18:34 - 16:46:30
    1 CPU in system; running 1 parallel copy of tests

Dhrystone 2 using register variables        8925909.2 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Double-Precision Whetstone                     1708.4 MWIPS (8.5 s, 7 samples)
    Execl Throughput                               1542.3 lps   (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks        242885.9 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks           75522.9 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks        650030.2 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    Pipe Throughput                              547914.9 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Pipe-based Context Switching                 128055.1 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Process Creation                               4878.8 lps   (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                   2323.2 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                    269.6 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
    System Call Overhead                        1175532.1 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)

System Benchmarks Index Values               BASELINE       RESULT    INDEX
    Dhrystone 2 using register variables         116700.0    8925909.2    764.9
    Double-Precision Whetstone                       55.0       1708.4    310.6
    Execl Throughput                                 43.0       1542.3    358.7
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks          3960.0     242885.9    613.3
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks            1655.0      75522.9    456.3
    File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks          5800.0     650030.2   1120.7
    Pipe Throughput                               12440.0     547914.9    440.4
    Pipe-based Context Switching                   4000.0     128055.1    320.1
    Process Creation                                126.0       4878.8    387.2
    Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                     42.4       2323.2    547.9
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                      6.0        269.6    449.3
    System Call Overhead                          15000.0    1175532.1    783.7
                                                                       ========
    System Benchmarks Index Score                                         506.0

• @alexyaoyang

Not sure what is going on here. We are checking. It should be similar to the bench you got earlier. I by mistake replied to your unix bench post earlier instead of the connection speed test. I was referring to the connection speed test, and around that time there was an issue going on with the ISP. We are checking why the computer bench test score is so low. Will keep you guys posted.

• @levnode said:
    He said he can give activation code to bypass the credit card authorization. So let me try it and I'll post the result here.

Yes, please send me a PM and I will give you the link to register without CC.

• WSSWSS Member

I need to poop.

• Please send me a PM and I will reply with the link to register without a CC. That should give you an orbit free for a year. We will appreciate if you guys can share your experience here. Also let us know about how we can improve things and we are open to suggestions. We will try our best to incorporate those.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • WSSWSS Member

I still need to poop.

• Could you kindly poop in the Cest Pit? It's made for this!

Thanked by 1alown
  • WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:
    Could you kindly poop in the Cest Pit? It's made for this!

I'd be happy to. This thread just smells like poop, though.

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited August 2017

Distributed three links to register without CC. I will provide more as I get more PMs. Again, we are legit and not scamming anyone. In fact all this month we saw too many subscribers using our resources with stolen credit cards.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@sogtech said:
    Our policy is ...

This is not a good place to post this.. Really, you're just going to lose money because there are a ton of fucking bitches who will fuck you for three dollars worth of bandwidth.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • levnodelevnode Member
    edited August 2017

Well, I have PMed him and got a single-use link to register without CC. I have registered and I think I should make some quick review.

Web UI

They have a nice and fast-responsive Web control panel. There are some points similar to Vultr and Digital Ocean but less features such as snapshot, location selection... I guess they are on the way of construction so these features can be added later since they are using Openstack (Nova) in their backend and these features are supported by Openstack. Some screens:

Provisioning VPS

Like Vultr and DO, I can provision the VPS by myself. They have 2 choices of creating VPS: Free Tier and Paid. The free tier comes with 1G of RAM, 1 core and 10 GB "Block storage". Upgrading and purchasing storage are also available (Openstack feature, again). Provisioning is quite quick, about 30s. The VPS comes with some basic features such as reboot, pause, VNC console and shell (though shell seems not work to me).

VPS benchmark

Result of script x86.ca/bench.sh

root@test:/home/debian# ./bench.sh
    CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.5.3
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2499.996 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1000 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   7 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 71.8MB/s
    Download speed from OVH, Beauharnois, Canada: 54.9MB/s
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, Toronto, Canada: 60.3MB/s
    Download speed from ColoCrossing, Chicago, USA: 53.3MB/s
    Download speed from Choopa, Piscataway, USA: 71.1MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Manassas, VA, USA: 63.2MB/s
    Download speed from Atlanta (10Gbps pipe), USA: 67.2MB/s
    Download speed from Volume Drive, Wilkes Barre, USA: 71.1MB/s
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, Orlando, USA: 9.13MB/s
    Download speed from Incero, Dallas, USA: 25.4MB/s
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, San Francisco, USA: 11.2MB/s
    Download speed from QuadraNET, LA, USA: 32.1MB/s
    Download speed from OVH, Roubaix, FR: 13.2MB/s
    Download speed from Redstation, London, UK: 32.0MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Frankfurt, DE: 15.0MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem: 26.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 12.6MB/s
    Download speed from Digital Ocean, Singapore: 9.72MB/s
    Download speed from iiNet, Perth, AU: 5.53MB/s
    Disk throughput - 1 time        : 117 MB/s
    Disk throughput - 2 time        : 124 MB/s
    Disk throughput - 3 time        : 120 MB/s
    Average Disk throughput         : 120.333 MB/s

I think the network speed is quite good, but the disk speed is not, so I do some other disk performance test.

root@test:/home/debian# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_file bs=512M count=1 conv=fdatasync
    1+0 records in
    1+0 records out
    536870912 bytes (537 MB) copied, 5.83062 s, 92.1 MB/s

and

root@test:/home/debian# ioping -c 20 .
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=1 time=226 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=2 time=297 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=3 time=264 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=4 time=256 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=5 time=254 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=6 time=280 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=7 time=253 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=8 time=254 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=9 time=315 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=10 time=252 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=11 time=268 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=12 time=300 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=13 time=249 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=14 time=261 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=15 time=265 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=16 time=242 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=17 time=266 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=18 time=272 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=19 time=276 us
    4 KiB from . (ext3 /dev/vda1): request=20 time=263 us

--- . (ext3 /dev/vda1) ioping statistics ---
    20 requests completed in 19.0 s, 3.76 k iops, 14.7 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 226 us / 265 us / 315 us / 20 us

I guess they are limiting the IOPS and read/write speed and their block storage is some kind of network storage like the way Scaleway is implementing.

Geekbench result: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3805635

With the CPU ID GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 3, lack of AES feature and 1500 Geekbench, I guess they are using Intel M processor???

TL;DR:

Good: Network, Web interface.

Bad: CPU, Disk speed.

• @WSS Noted! I think I went overboard.

• @levnode

It is Intel Xeon processor. We have kept the CPU speed and Disk speed low for the free tier. The free tier is for a year. We are also working to add few more features that should significantly increase the disk I/O and CPU speed for free tier. Please note we are providing default block storage and currently its not as fast as a native disk. But we can definitely improve it and bring it very close to local storage. That should come out in a month or two with a new stack that we will be deploying in California. Existing free tier users can delete their free tier orbit and create a new tier in Cali. Once that is done we will be then deploying a new stack with similar features in NY. Users will have a free option to migrate to the new stack with better features. We are calling that SOG 2.0 and there will be an official announcement before launch.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • All of you guys who have sent me a PM will get the link on Monday as the link expires in 24 hours. You will get replies from me on Monday. Have a greet weekend.

• @sogtech said:
    @levnode

It is Intel Xeon processor. We have kept the CPU speed and Disk speed low for the free tier. The free tier is for a year. We are also working to add few more features that should significantly increase the disk I/O and CPU speed for free tier. Please note we are providing default block storage and currently its not as fast as a native disk. But we can definitely improve it and bring it very close to local storage. That should come out in a month or two with a new stack that we will be deploying in California. Existing free tier users can delete their free tier orbit and create a new tier in Cali. Once that is done we will be then deploying a new stack with similar features in NY. Users will have a free option to migrate to the new stack with better features. We are calling that SOG 2.0 and there will be an official announcement before launch.

Remember to register your company first. Legal should be the first thing you do when you setup a business. Anyway, thank you and keep up your nice work!.

• @sogtech You're stating you're a starting company with not enough funds for an office yet. How do you plan to make profit when giving away free servers? Do you actually have paying customers at this moment? How do you ensure that the quality of their service gets worse because of all these free "orbits"? Do you even own the hardware you're selling?

• Created account > Activated > added credit card information >> created orbit >>> next day..
    "Incorrect username or password"

Why is that? Because I signup when their payment gateway still in demo/test mode.

"Why not just REMOVE client and have them signup again to get their credit card information!"

• @levnode said:

are calling that SOG 2.0 and there will be an official announcement before launch.

Remember to register your company first. Legal should be the first thing you do when you setup a business. Anyway, thank you and keep up your nice work!.

We are already registered as System On Grid LLC in the state of New York. We cannot accept CC payments without a registered business account.

• @JasperNL said:
    @sogtech You're stating you're a starting company with not enough funds for an office yet. How do you plan to make profit when giving away free servers? Do you actually have paying customers at this moment? How do you ensure that the quality of their service gets worse because of all these free "orbits"? Do you even own the hardware you're selling?

Jasper let me clarify. With the funds we have, we decided to invest the money on buying hardware, setting data center and paying money to the guys who are actually working. Because of the budget limitation we are working from a small sub leased office in Jersey. We prioritized buying hardware and getting the infrastructure done than having an office in a premium location like NYC. To your second question we do have paying customers because our high end orbits (2 vCPUs or More) are significantly cheaper than the rest. The quality is maintained because the free users are being registered on a separate stack and have rate limits in place. Yes as I said we own the hardware. 2018 will see us getting into a proper office and we have already lined up the funds. I hope you do understand that system on grid was launched on Jan 1st 2017 and from Jan 1st 2017 to June 30th 2017, we were in beta phase where the system was free for all without CC. We transitioned to production on July 1st 2017 and we are less than 2 months old.

Jasper I would also like to say that we all here wanted to build a cloud which is affordable, accessible and comes with a load of features. Profits do matter but we have been building this from scratch to be as much affordable as possible. You can always PM me if you want more questions to be answered.

• @httplife said:
    Created account > Activated > added credit card information >> created orbit >>> next day..
    "Incorrect username or password"

Why is that? Because I signup when their payment gateway still in demo/test mode.

"Why not just REMOVE client and have them signup again to get their credit card information!"

I apologize for this inconvenience. I would like to say that our process works in this way:

1.) You register and create an Orbit with temporary password.
    2.) When you login to the Orbit for the first time, you login with temp password and then the orbit will prompt you to change the temp with a new password with complexity rules.
    This is to protect your orbit from brute force attacks as simple passwords are easy to crack.
    3.) Once your password is updated, you can login with your new password.

Apparently, somewhere the process did not go right, but we can definitely fix that for you. Also all this process is not related to payment gateway. Our payment gateway is not in demo mode. The incorrect password comes if somehow you forgot the new password you gave. Also, I don't know whether you noticed, there is a reset password option in the Dashboard you can definitely try. Also, we are one of those few who provide instant chat support. You can have pinged us on the chat and we would have reset the password right away for you. Please try this out and you can PM me if its not resolved.

I will also strongly recommend to check your CC statement. You should only see not more than 2 transactions $0.99 and $1.00 which will be reverted to your account in next 10 days. This transaction is just for fraud prevention. You can PM me anytime if you have any further apprehensions with your credit card or any thing related to systemongrid.com

• Everyone here, the reason for asking Credit Cards to provide free orbits is not charge the card or this is not any part of an elaborate scam. The CC check is just to ensure that the user is valid and there is no abuse. We are providing free orbits but at the same time we don't want a single user to hog all the free orbits.

• Guys I have received few PMs for links to register without CC. Let me repeat the links expire in 24 hours and I am not sure if people will have time on weekends. Hence I will be replying to all those requests on Monday so that you guys can register right away before the link expires.