Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Lowbudget VPS for Soundbot (sinusbot) on Teamspeak
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Lowbudget VPS for Soundbot (sinusbot) on Teamspeak

Hi!

I dont really care about speed. The server should have a little bit of space like maybe 256-512mb without OS,and around 256-512mb ram it will only play web radio & do administration in teamspeak. If the space is on super slow HDD drives it doesnt matter. If the server has only 1000mhz shared cpu doesnt matter.

All it will do is play webradio & run teamspeak client. the cheaper the better, must not be super stable.

Comments

  • price doesnt matter?

  • ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Provider

    Hi,

    what location ?

  • There's plenty of providers that could fit this need. I'd recommend to just look through the offers section: https://www.lowendtalk.com/categories/offers

    Did you have a specific location you had in mind?

    Providers I would recommend are: AlphaVPS ( @AlexBarakov ), @VirMach, Wishosting ( @exception0x876 ). Just be sure to take a look at their TOS to see if they allow Bots.

  • vapornodevapornode Member, Provider

    How does Tampa, FL sound as a location?

  • mikhomikho Member, Provider

    How about $4 / year?

    Depends on what location you want/need?

  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Provider

    Why not a LowEndSpirit VPS?

  • Last time I tried running Sinusbot it was pretty heavy CPU and memory wise when streaming YouTube videos. Not tried it in ages so it might be different now though.

  • actually you do not need that much ram but at least some decent cpu. also traffic can be a problem. It depends on how many listeners you have. If you use opus you will use 600mb/h per user outgoing traffic if you have the bot on the same server as the ts server.

  • OP wants to be able to run a TS client to do administration, which means that the VPS has to have good enough specs to run a graphical desktop. Not sure if a LES VPS would cut it.

    @rocket said:
    Last time I tried running Sinusbot it was pretty heavy CPU and memory wise when streaming YouTube videos. Not tried it in ages so it might be different now though.

    It can be at times since it's using youtube-dl to download the youtube video, which in turn uses ffmpeg to do the audio extraction. OP mentions playing a webradio stream, so they should be fine in that regard as they won't be downloading/converting youtube vids.

    @blackjack4494 said: It depends on how many listeners you have.

    The bot would simply be sending the audio to the TS server. It wouldn't matter how many people are connected to the TS server as that won't change how many packets the Bot is sending.

    Thanked by 1rocket
  • TomTom Member

    MasonR said: The bot would simply be sending the audio to the TS server. It wouldn't matter how many people are connected to the TS server as that won't change how many packets the Bot is sending.

    >

    blackjack4494 said: if you have the bot on the same server as the ts server.

  • @Tom said:

    MasonR said: The bot would simply be sending the audio to the TS server. It wouldn't matter how many people are connected to the TS server as that won't change how many packets the Bot is sending.

    >

    blackjack4494 said: if you have the bot on the same server as the ts server.

    OP said nothing about hosting a TS server was my point, so the point raised by blackjack isn't an issue.

  • Then why don't get this directly: https://ts3index.com/hosting/product/teamspeak-3-musicbot.html?lang=en

    1,5€/m with 1gb space you have to worry about nothing.

  • 1.5 a month comes up to 16.50/e year

    too much for a lowend deal.. dont care about stability. it will do some administration work, maily create channels in teamspeak and kick users that get reported.

    • play some webradio

    • if it has enough ressources available use ytdl

    server in florida would be totally fine as i got asked that question, i dont care where the server is, the cheaper the better, smth like

    512 mb ram, 10 +- gb space 1 shared cpu

  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited September 2017

    @loggableim said:
    1.5 a month comes up to 16.50/e year

    too much for a lowend deal.. dont care about stability. it will do some administration work, maily create channels in teamspeak and kick users that get reported.

    • play some webradio

    • if it has enough ressources available use ytdl

    server in florida would be totally fine as i got asked that question, i dont care where the server is, the cheaper the better, smth like

    512 mb ram, 10 +- gb space 1 shared cpu

    Well I use sinusbot, and it only pulls from Youtube (because why not right?). Whenever it's downloading for me, I hit 100% for like half a minute and than 30-40% during audio playback. That's on a 2.2GHz CPU but it all depends on what your doing with it..

    I do use Cloudflexy, but for another purpose, I use a dfferent host for my bot hosting, you could try the 512MB OVZ plan and see what happens. Isn't the best but it's alright, it's unmetered bandwidth anyway.. (shows 500GB on checkout but for some reason in Solus it shows 97.66TB) Just don't expect fast support, takes a while for them to reply to me.. D:

    It's $7.15USD/year by the way with coupon 35OFF.
    Avoid payment gateway fee if you do a top up instead of directly checking out.

    (aff link)

  • cubedatacubedata Member, Provider

    @loggableim said:
    1.5 a month comes up to 16.50/e year

    too much for a lowend deal.. dont care about stability. it will do some administration work, maily create channels in teamspeak and kick users that get reported.

    • play some webradio

    • if it has enough ressources available use ytdl

    server in florida would be totally fine as i got asked that question, i dont care where the server is, the cheaper the better, smth like

    512 mb ram, 10 +- gb space 1 shared cpu

    so let me ask have you checked our vps plans?
    VPS Plans?
    and also 1.5 a month is too expensive? so what do you expect just to get the vps free though? since even at 1.5 a month paypal still takes their cut and that leaves almost no profit left over so in a nutshell you are basically expecting a free vps because that is what it looks like to the provider with no profit then?

Sign In or Register to comment.