Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone use Server4you? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone use Server4you?

2»

Comments

• @jarland Screenshots in the cesspool or it didn't happen!

• jarland said: Here's a bench.sh run from the VPS that I'm using to develop MXroute's in-house control panel ;)

which lang?

• pikepike Veteran

I had a dedicated server with them 7 years ago, had to change the provider because of ddos attacks (back then s4u nullrouted every IP for 24h on smallest incoming ddos).
    During the years we had two drives fail (both were replaced nearly immediate).

• I have checked compared its dedicated server price to other hosting providers then it is very low compared to them. As I compared the price, I can say that server4you is giving market low price for dedicated servers.

• fLoofLoo Member

@JamesK said:
    I have checked compared its dedicated server price to other hosting providers then it is very low compared to them. As I compared the price, I can say that server4you is giving market low price for dedicated servers.

They are not. Compare the quality of the hardware again please. They offer low prices for low end hardware components, even the harddrives are the cheapest on the market.

• @Hxxx said:
    The cloning part was your job tho @Malin .

Next time pay maybe the triple for a managed provider :)

There was no such thing in their ToS and it wasn't about the money, they specifically asked me to take out everything as they would replace the HDD's, they didn't ask for money either to do the job. All they wanted was to get rid of the problem after being proven so wrong technically. So they didn't want to do anything, not even paid. It was not managed or anything, still other providers do the clone when it's their lame hardware to be blamed.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@Malin said:

@Hxxx said:
    The cloning part was your job tho @Malin .

Next time pay maybe the triple for a managed provider :)

There was no such thing in their ToS and it wasn't about the money, they specifically asked me to take out everything as they would replace the HDD's, they didn't ask for money either to do the job. All they wanted was to get rid of the problem after being proven so wrong technically. So they didn't want to do anything, not even paid. It was not managed or anything, still other providers do the clone when it's their lame hardware to be blamed.

It is always your duty, unless the server is managed, to clone/rebuild your RAID array when a disk is replaced, and an hard drive WILL fail soon or later, lame or not.
    Unmanaged providers NEVER touch your data, even if you're willing to pay them. I would never expect them to clone my data, paid or free, and it is a good advise from them to backup your data before replacing the drive. It is not their responsibility to keep your data safe, it is yours.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2017

Revised review:

Cancelled all services. Got a server with an IP that had been previously used for torrenting. Received DMCA notices roughly every 1-2 hours of every day since it was provisioned. You have X amount of hours to respond to each and every complaint or they shut off the server. After responding to about 80 of them I gave up. I have other things to do with my life besides deal with that. Opened a ticket to cancel server but no response in 5 days, and server is now disabled since I stopped responding to the DMCA notices.

All in all it's a pretty edge case I realize, and it's probably not a reason to stay away if you like what they offer, which I do. I just don't have time to deal with it, and I don't have to elsewhere. The inconvenience exceeded the value.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jarland said: Got a server with an IP that had been previously used for torrenting. Received DMCA notices roughly every 1-2 hours of every day since it was provisioned.

I'm sorry, but... Are they that incompetent that they don't realise that the timestamps on the reports are from before the server was provisioned to you?

• @Aidan said:

jarland said: Got a server with an IP that had been previously used for torrenting. Received DMCA notices roughly every 1-2 hours of every day since it was provisioned.

I'm sorry, but... Are they that incompetent that they don't realise that the timestamps on the reports are from before the server was provisioned to you?

It's probably automated.

Thanked by 1Aidan

Aidan said: I'm sorry, but... Are they that incompetent that they don't realise that the timestamps on the reports are from before the server was provisioned to you?

It was definitely automated, and I didn't see date/time stamps in the DMCA notices.

• HxxxHxxx Member

@jarland Make sure they dont attribute those DMCA to you, legally.

@Hxxx said:
    @jarland Make sure they dont attribute those DMCA to you, legally.

Not much they can do really. They'd have to sue me or the host to go any further. Makes things better that the host installed the OS and gave me access, to which I merely logged in, updated packages and access rights, and logged out. All pretty well verifiable by my records.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @fLoo said:

@JamesK said:
    I have checked compared its dedicated server price to other hosting providers then it is very low compared to them. As I compared the price, I can say that server4you is giving market low price for dedicated servers.

They are not. Compare the quality of the hardware again please. They offer low prices for low end hardware components, even the harddrives are the cheapest on the market.

You are right. Thank you for pointing out my attention.