Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter - no response for almost a month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter - no response for almost a month

EvoEvo Member

My dedicated server cannot be re-provisioned and I do not have access to ILO/KVM (the IP is not responding).

I've tried to contact them several times, but unfortunately without any result.

I've not received any reply regarding the problem since 25 July 2017.

Could you advise me where I can escalate these issues ?

Comments

• Evo said: Could you advise me where I can escalate these issues ?

That's beyond pathetic of them, I'd look into getting a full refund & then never look back.

Thanked by 2Clouvider MasonR
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

I would pack my bag and go to a better place, if I had backups. Sorry not to have any better advice.

• Holy shit, that's ground breaking levels now

• Delimiter is gone from LET

• @luissousa said:
    Delimiter is gone from LET

Well, that's no excuse for not providing help or not responding to tickets.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited August 2017

youve reached de limit of their support.

Thanked by 3MasonR nice MikePT
  • Who?

Is this still a thing?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • WSSWSS Member

Looks like your hosting has been.. RElimited.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I am the new let rep for delimiter. From my higher ups we dont give a f!ck about your experience and have fun getting a refund. Dont shoot the messenger! /s

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Jokes on you OP for using such a shitty company. Where the fuck have you been? Delimeter went down the hill a while ago.

• phantomsphantoms Member
    edited August 2017

One of my Atom servers from Delimiter went down nearly an entire month ago and trying to get any support from them was a joke.

When I actually got a somewhat helpful reply they pretty much told me that the PSU in my server had died, and they don't have any replacements for them due the server being EOL'd (which I was never told, otherwise I would have swapped to a new service.) In the end, they told me all of my data is lost and I'll have to recover from my own backups on one of their new VPS plans.

Original ticket created 27/07/2017... Final reply that actually tells me the data is lost 18/08/2017

Now am I wrong to think that they could just take the HDD out of that broken server, plug it into a new server, and then give me a copy of my data? Since when does a broken PSU mean the entire system is just useless? I'm sure this extra 5 minutes of work would be too much for their support team though.

In the end I didn't really lose anything important because I already had local backups. I did a chargeback on PayPal for the entire month of no service, and I'll be sure to never use them again.

It's actually really impressive how fast they suspend your services and charge you a $25 "chargeback fee" when you submit a chargeback. Literally within 3 minutes of me submitting it. If only their support could be that fast. Too bad I won't be paying that fee.

• a simple google search on them (and the rather strange tax practices) should tell you enough about them.

• A shot in the dark but try their Twitter account, they have been active on it recently and I've had luck in the past getting things escalated through it. Their facebook chucks out updates every other week so perhaps that's monitored as well. Not that it helps but I feel for ya! I was told several weeks ago that I should have requested a move to their new client panel as the old one was EOL (not that I was told this at any point) so I dutifully followed the instructions of setting up a new account and putting in a ticket to be moved across. That ticket has been on hold for a couple of weeks now with no action... daily backups are my rock now.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited August 2017

Yeah, similar things have happened to other hosts on LET.

It's kinda scary when you see a new host pop up on let, provide nice cheap services and a decent network, then once you're using them have shit completely go downhill, it's happened more than once on here.

Best is to find a host that has been active for over a year and go with them, if they've sustained themselves that long they probably have less of a chance of flat-out disappearing off the face of the earth like some of these other companies. (eg. i83/QuadHost, a once recommended and popular host on these forums, now their servers are randomly failing and going offline and they are 100% ignoring all requests for support)

Another thing that annoys me, this seems to be the standard in the hosting industry, when a server fails like in this case, the company will refuse to take the HDD and put it in a new server, they just say oh screw it it's all gone.

At least several bigger companies used to or maybe still do offer services, such as OVH, where if your system fails they either replace the board or can mail you your HDD/SSD for like $100 something dollars. I don't think OVH still offers to mail you your disk in the event of a failure but the fact that they used to is still better than a provider just saying "oh you're shit out luck" like a lot of these smaller hosts do.

Like how hard is it to unplug the disk, and insert it into a new server? Apparently it's impossible to a handful of providers.

My ONLY guess is the servers they are using are shipped off to some DC they don't have access to and they would rather just let a dead server with a disk full of customer data sit on a rack then pay for that datacenters remote hands service to actually really deal with it.

edited August 2017

In the case of Delimiter they do have full access to their own servers. They just simply refuse to do anything that could actually help their customers. Their services are actually pretty great until you attempt to communicate with them. Then it instantly goes downhill. If your services ever go offline you're pretty much just screwed at that point.

From the 20 or so ticket responses I have from them it seems they only have two support staff, Paul and Brian. I guess it kind of makes sense why the reply times are so obnoxious.

But either way, if they actually just attempted to improve their support and help their customers out a bit, their services could be amazing. Oh well. On to new and better hosts!

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2017

phantoms said: services are actually pretty great until you attempt to communicate with them

That's pretty much it, though occasionally they can provide an adequate response within a few days. Their model seems to include a very low tolerance of human interaction.

• I've been with them since 2013 and never really had major issues with support until now. Had a server that I cancelled as I no longer needed it, somehow I had a paypal subscription on that server that sent money on the day it was supposed to be cancelled. I never set subscriptions up as I don't like money auto flowing out, but I must have clicked subscribe when I first signed up.

Apparently when the billing panel saw the money it removed my cancellation request on the server and renewed it again for another year. I know delimiter won't refund the funds as in their TOS it says they won't refund for auto subs. So I figured I'd contact billing to see if the funds can be moved to another service with them and have that server cancelled like it was supposed to be. No replies to the billing ticket for 3 weeks and posting in the ticket after a week saying hey can I get a response. I just checked the panel last night and the ticket has been closed without a response and also doesn't say who closed it. I also noticed that the server in question has been removed from my account and the funds are nowhere to be found. I tried re-opening the ticket but the panel says I'm not allowed to do that. I opened a paypal dispute several days ago and that is in pending review from Paypal.

I have another server with them that I have had for years that is one of my primary Proxmox nodes that I'm planning the worse for. I'm assuming once paypal reviews this and sends the claim to them for a response they are going to suspend all other services.

edited August 2017

@CFarence said:
    I opened a paypal dispute several days ago and that is in pending review from Paypal.

The second Delimiter hears about your PayPal claim they will suspend all your services and attempt to charge you a "chargeback fee". Make sure you have all your subscriptions cancelled with them in PayPal.

• @ethancedrik said: My ONLY guess is the servers they are using are shipped off to some DC they don't have access to and they would rather just let a dead server with a disk full of customer data sit on a rack then pay for that datacenters remote hands service to actually really deal with it.

Yeah, this is most likely it. Remote hands for a task like that (assuming it's non-hotswap) is probably somewhere around $30-50. For a server that makes them $10/mo (before fees, expenditure, staff) it just doesn't make sense for them (or any business). But that doesn't really excuse them since they sold it in the first place.

I also highly doubt the Atom is a full unit as that would be pretty uneconomical at $10, it's probably a blade in a larger chassis.

• @CFarence said: I'm assuming once paypal reviews this and sends the claim to them for a response they are going to suspend all other services.

You can be sure this will happen as it's pretty standard with any provider, but it's an annoying situation because you had a right to as they were being unresponsive.

• @phantoms said:

@CFarence said:
    I opened a paypal dispute several days ago and that is in pending review from Paypal.

Yeah I don't have any paypal subscriptions setup with them or anyone else for that matter. I don't like using them, I must have clicked the subscribe button and not the checkout button last year on the first invoice. At least this I'll accept the loss with the other server, it has over 6 months left and I might open a paypal dispute for that on as well for the remaining time. This is the first time I have ever opened a dispute with PayPal for something, I've used several providers from LET and never had issues like these before. I'm done with Delimiter and this bullshit from support.

• @Ishaq said:

I also highly doubt the Atom is a full unit as that would be pretty uneconomical at $10, it's probably a blade in a larger chassis.

It is, they had mentioned it during their power outage that they do this from what I remember.

• Ishaq said: I also highly doubt the Atom is a full unit as that would be pretty uneconomical at $10, it's probably a blade in a larger chassis.

You bring up a really good point, for some reason I kept thinking $50/month Xeon servers

Yeah it could have just been an atom with a soldered-in disk, plus for $10/month from a small provider I guess support isn't really going to be a strong spot reguardless

• EvoEvo Member

They used to be a good provider, unfortunately it seems that this has changed (at least regarding their support as the service is fine for the price).

That makes me worried about how much time they would've needed to respond if my server was down.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Ishaq said: Yeah, this is most likely it. Remote hands for a task like that (assuming it's non-hotswap) is probably somewhere around $30-50. For a server that makes them $10/mo (before fees, expenditure, staff) it just doesn't make sense for them (or any business). But that doesn't really excuse them since they sold it in the first place.

I thought Delimiter was always bragging about how it owned its own DC...

I still have a half-dozen bags of popcorn left.