Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RunCloud.IO Feedback from CURRENT customers please - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RunCloud.IO Feedback from CURRENT customers please

Comments

• Paid customer here.

A ramnode vps have 502 error, site is down random, could not find out why so I reinstalled it and apt-get install nginx php7.0-fpm etc, it runs smoothly after reinstall.

One site on another vps have 500 error at start, after I switch PHP version and change configuration, it's fine.

The rest vps and sites have no problem, all sites are very low traffic wordpress site.

It's useable but no hassle free.

• WSSWSS Member

A 500 error with PHP likely means that there is a half-broken library link, and it's trying to pull two different versions into namespace. That doesn't really have anything to do with the provider, unless it's their personal/custom build of PHP on your Debian based distro.

• @hiphiphip0 said:
    Paid customer here.

A ramnode vps have 502 error, site is down random, could not find out why so I reinstalled it and apt-get install nginx php7.0-fpm etc, it runs smoothly after reinstall.

One site on another vps have 500 error at start, after I switch PHP version and change configuration, it's fine.

The rest vps and sites have no problem, all sites are very low traffic wordpress site.

It's useable but no hassle free.

do you mind having a chat with us to solve the problem?

• @runcloud_fikri said:
    do you mind having a chat with us to solve the problem?

Thanks! It's already reinstalled so could not reproduce the problem.

Thanked by 1runcloud_fikri
  • Sounds shit.

• optimysteryoptimystery Member
    edited January 2018

So far it's very good, but support is not super quick, timezones notwisthstanding.

There seem to be some issues with SSL certs and rebuild/remove don't quite work reliably for that. Everything else is great so far..

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited January 2018

@optimystery said:
    So far it's very good, but support is not super quick, timezones notwisthstanding.

There seem to be some issues with SSL certs and rebuild/remove don't quite work reliably for that. Everything else is great so far..

I agree, support has been nonexistant/shit for last few months and the platform seems to be starting to fall apart (i.e. SSL example shared). @runcloud_fikri

• I trialled it and thought it was very good and easy to use. I didn't want to pay $10 a month though when I only have one server so went back to serverpilot which is free and NodeQuery for monitoring. SSL I manage myself with let's encrypt script so runcloud doesn't offer me anything I can't already do other than convenience and it just wasn't worth the monthly fee for that.

• WSSWSS Member

Escrow required.

• This poll sucks donkey balls. Every option that does not agree with you has a catch that basically says i am going to penetrate myself with a blunt rusty object. No thanks.

• @WSS said:
    Escrow required.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Man, I think noone would be mentioning the escrow thing if you didn't change your username :o

• WSSWSS Member

No, dude's fucking played out escrow even if he didn't change his name. Just waiting for him to do it again.

Thanked by 1huntercop
  • @WSS said:
    No, dude's fucking played out escrow even if he didn't change his name. Just waiting for him to do it again.

• WSSWSS Member

You are eSCREWED, not eSCROWED.

• I'm their current customer.

Their service is great. Everything runs flawlessly!

Anyway, support is almost non existing :( I think they should build internal support system!

• @optimystery said:

There was no issue with SSL certs, just I hadnt realised the www domain needs to be included.
    Fixed now, and a happy customer :)

• @optimystery said:

@optimystery said:

There was no issue with SSL certs, just I hadnt realised the www domain needs to be included.

haha. you hilarious man. would never admit that in public but kudos for you.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • It's about making the web a better place innit.
    Crap product gets flamed and everyone gets to know..
    Great product gets the props it deserves so people can make an enlightened choice :)

Thanked by 1runcloud_fikri
  • 404error404error Member
    edited January 2018

@huntercop said:

@optimystery said:

I agree, support has been nonexistant/shit for last few months and the platform seems to be starting to fall apart (i.e. SSL example shared). @runcloud_fikri

Or maybe they think you are a fucktard and you did say you like how they treat fucktards so its all good.

• I request an article how to setting up mod_pagespeed correctly on RunCloud, they rejects it. I'm a Serverpilot user and will migrate to their panel, but I dunno maybe they just not interested acquiring Serverpilot users?

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

I don't know about their software but you should never, under any curcimstances call your customer a "fucktard". That is good enough reason for me to never purchase anything from company that acts in such a way.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • tbh if serverpilot offered unlimited servers. i would purely be with them

• @CrossBox said:
    I don't know about their software but you should never, under any curcimstances call your customer a "fucktard". That is good enough reason for me to never purchase anything from company that acts in such a way.

I remember that chat, it was hilarious

• Lots of problems at the moment. I hope it gets better otherwise I'm out.
    Especially:
    SSH doesnt deploy for one of my applications.
    Nginx does not restart (requiring very slow intervention from support to do restart)

Support is slow and minimal.
    No explanation of why or how, just a quick fix.
    Now it's the second time nginx will not restart. Apparently it cannot be restarted from the interface, which leaves the user with a non-functioning web server

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited January 2018

@optimystery said:
    Lots of problems at the moment. I hope it gets better otherwise I'm out.
    Especially:
    SSH doesnt deploy for one of my applications.
    Nginx does not restart (requiring very slow intervention from support to do restart)

Support is slow and minimal.
    No explanation of why or how, just a quick fix.
    Now it's the second time nginx will not restart. Apparently it cannot be restarted from the interface, which leaves the user with a non-functioning web server

Well you should still have your superuser/root access. Don't let runcloud do everything for you. This month will probably be the last time I renew at this point. I am disappointed in their service so far.

• I am not a sysadmin, which is why I chose a managed server product.
    If you know it, could you please share how to restart nginx manually in this configuration?

• @optimystery said:

@optimystery said:

Turns out, there actually is an issue with SSL certs, and I am guessing with how they are not properly deleted and/or cached. Bugs can be hard to track down (especially when the user also makes some mistakes).

edited January 2018

Trying to restart nginx as per RC docs:

You don't have to do any of this command if you are managing your server through RunCloud Panel (oh really?>)

systemctl start nginx-rc
    Job for nginx-rc.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nginx-rc.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

edited January 2018

Solution:

root@localhost:~# systemctl start nginx-rc
    Job for nginx-rc.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nginx-rc.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

nginx-rc -t
    nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/etc/letsencrypt/live/*****.com/fullchain.pem") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/*****.com/fullchain.pem','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx-rc/nginx.conf test failed

remove ***** SSL cert (which otherwise showed no problems)

nginx restarts