Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veesp.com Warning - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Veesp.com Warning

2»

Comments

• @Jorbox said:
    the same happend to me
    they told me that Im using the server for sending spam emails
    while the server is fresh Ubuntu server and there's not Apache or anything on it and I don't even use it, then they told me that If I did that again they will terminate the server then I turned off the server since I don't use it at all !!

that exactly happened to me also !!!!!

@Jorbox said:
    another time they told me that the CPU of the server is reaching 100% while the server is not even used by me so there's something wrong

same here !!!!!!

i use also auto generated password !

• @johnwayne said:

@Jorbox said:
    the same happend to me
    they told me that Im using the server for sending spam emails
    while the server is fresh Ubuntu server and there's not Apache or anything on it and I don't even use it, then they told me that If I did that again they will terminate the server then I turned off the server since I don't use it at all !!

that exactly happened to me also !!!!!

@Jorbox said:
    another time they told me that the CPU of the server is reaching 100% while the server is not even used by me so there's something wrong

same here !!!!!!

i use also auto generated password !

Can you post the auto-generated password here please(assuming that you changed it already)??

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

OH God , why would a provider sell vps and install cpu intense script and then complain end user for abusing :|

• Jorbox said: I use their auto generated password that contains numbers and dumb characters and also its a fresh install server nothing changed on it and no viruses at all.

I crack you like 8 alphanumeric characters in merely hours, at most, if your CPU is uncapped and i can hammer your SSHd with a full Gbit+ (AND it supports AES-NI ideally) probably even minutes. And once done your server starts the same on other servers if the
    hacker wants so... and so it fully automated just continues, with zero work or interaction by the botmaster.

Using passwords below, at least IMO, 20 chars ESPECIALLY if you only copy paste them anyway is dumb. Not using ssh keys is also dumb. Using keys and not disabling PW login is dumb.

In fact while very entertaining by the insane level of stupidity some show here this thread is useless/dangerous, from start to end which is hopefully soon enough...

• Russian servers are scanned more heavily - because they tend to be like China and South America rather abuse safe once taken over (i see this also on my boxes compared to eg. Germany)

• Bruteforcing SSH without fail2ban or rate limiting is trivial and can be done very fast (with ISPs permission i am very willing to prove that point)

• Sending the customer abuse for spam/mining the ISP did intentionally after bruting the servers SSHd/root, which they do not need to as root on the host in the first place, is so dumb no one can really consider that this happens in reality

• LeviLevi Member

If windows os got hacked, than its outdated. Provider should update os template and customer do the same as soon as os installed. Win 08 is old and should be used only if necessary.

Thanked by 1johnwayne
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2017

LTniger said: Provider should update os template and customer do the same as soon as os installed

There is no template. This uses ISOs.

Modifications of MS isos are generally not allowed and templates for windows are hard to build and maintain.

Thus if anyone at all, M$ should generate and offer new ISOs which - according to the dates i see on the download pages for eval even - was not done.

In case of 2008 (non R2, no and SP1) the entire OS is end of life as well since 2015.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited August 2017

@William said:

[Jorbox said]

What about changing ssh port ? In my case, the notification of failed login stopped when I change my ssh port.

Because I rebuild my vps often generating ssh key after every rebuild is APITA.

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited August 2017

@yokowasis said:

@William said:

[Jorbox said]

What about changing ssh port ? In my case, the notification of failed login stopped when I change my ssh port.

Because I rebuild my vps often generating ssh key after every rebuild is APITA.

The server is fresh installed with no programs and the password is auto generated by them there are millions of servers worldwide use the default port that's not the proplem the proplem is first time they told me that I have reached 100% many times,, after a week they told me that I use the server for spam while I don't use the server at all , and its on the default condition,,, so there's something wrong with their system.

• FuslFusl Member
    edited August 2017

Someone please hand me the popcorn?

Please do us all admins a favor and cancel this service with Veesp immediately and go back to learning for school.

• I bet @OP's computer is infected and the shit spreads itself to the server over remote desktop each time he re-installs it.

• Good Day to everyone,

i want to warn users also from Veesp ! I bought today a VPS and ive found a Monero Miner also on my VPS !

you can find a Screenshot here:

http://imgur.com/dIOtSWU

i dont know how this happen, but it was 20 minutes after i installed Windows on the VPS !

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2017

Did everyone else know you can make a meme of any image on imgur?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • If someone is interested he can get in touch with me trough ICQ or Jabber, we can do a fresh installation together

• rainersport said: If someone is interested he can get in touch with me trough ICQ or Jabber, we can do a fresh installation together

Sounds like an interesting experiment. Any volunteers for that? Ain't got no time myself.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2017

I can do this if he uses https://www.join.me/. I'll record the screen sharing and post it to youtube so you all can then view it. Rainer, PM me ur skype/discord. the claims are so outrageous its worth to check out.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads this year, this is exactly why managed products exist, you dont know what you are doing but seem to think you do.

How about you apologize for being ridiculous or provide some actual proof, it would take all of 10 minutes to provide although I suspect you won't be able too as you clearly don't even know what you don't know.

Thanked by 1Fusl
  • WSSWSS Member