Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RunCloud.IO Feedback from CURRENT customers please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RunCloud.IO Feedback from CURRENT customers please

huntercophuntercop Member
edited December 2016 in Reviews

Hey,

If you use RunCloud.IO now, please share how you feel about the free/paid program.

Thanks

RunCloud.IO
  1. What do you think about my question?38 votes
    1. You have no skill nub! May the gods rain wrath down on you for not bothering to be super tech savvy.
      39.47%
    2. Holy shit this is awesome! Tell me how to pay you for telling me about this service.
      13.16%
    3. Go learn how to do your own shit, who doesn't like reinventing the wheel?
      47.37%

Comments

• Tried to install on a VPS to test it out but couldn't. The installer failed with 20 different errors. Definitely not a stable product

Also its Ubuntu only which sucks.

• @jimaek said:
    Tried to install on a VPS to test it out but couldn't. The installer failed with 20 different errors. Definitely not a stable product

Also its Ubuntu only which sucks.

which vps you are using? from the gist you are leaving me from the support chat, looks like your vps does not install our package. May I know what virtualization of your vps too? Agreed about the OS, I myself came from CentOS but we can't force the market. Maybe we can support other OS in the future.

• It was a Vultr VPS

• @jimaek said:
    It was a Vultr VPS

Please share more. I did not intend to use on a VPS, and I can see OpenVZ causing many issues. I would assume KVM or Dedi are ideal.

• Its KVM as far as I know. You can spin your own instance and test it. It was freshly created Ubuntu server. Your installer was the first command executed there.

Anyway, I dont really care about fixing this problem since I dont plan switching to Ubuntu. So the service is not for me. I just noted that it didnt look very stable.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @jimaek no problem.. just wanted to know which vps you are using.. we have multiple customers who use vultr and they never face the problem before. I myself have tested it with vultr and never faced any installation problem

• Runcloud support is never online... you submit tickets and never hear back. Not sure if I want to pay for a product that functions like this.

• Shitty poll at best. If you think editing a few .conf files requires you to be "super tech savvy", maybe you deserve this abomination named Runcloud.

Thanked by 2Lunar netomx
  • @cheapwebdev said:
    Runcloud support is never online... you submit tickets and never hear back. Not sure if I want to pay for a product that functions like this.

wait what? how do you submit ticket?

• @bugrakoc said:
    Shitty poll at best. If you think editing a few .conf files requires you to be "super tech savvy", maybe you deserve this abomination named Runcloud.

define the "abomination"

• @runcloud_fikri said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    Runcloud support is never online... you submit tickets and never hear back. Not sure if I want to pay for a product that functions like this.

It submits a ticket when you are offline. You should find out where all these questions go..

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited December 2016

@cheapwebdev said:

@runcloud_fikri said:

@cheapwebdev said:

It submits a ticket when you are offline. You should find out where all these questions go..

Pinged chat earlier this morning, waited 10 minutes and voila... see pic below.

• @cheapwebdev said:

nope, never get any email from the chat

• @runcloud_fikri said:

@cheapwebdev said:

Please PM me another way to contact support... since its never online, doesn't respond, and you don't get emails either.

• @cheapwebdev said:

@runcloud_fikri said:

@cheapwebdev said:

Please PM me another way to contact support... since its never online, doesn't respond, and you don't get emails either.

online right now

• really dude? seems like you have no concrete reason for saying that

• @runcloud_fikri said:
    really dude? seems like you have no concrete reason for saying that

Yes, you're right, I don't. It's just the look and feel of everything.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

I have chatted a few times with them, it seems they're in another timezone, and that might be the reason you never see them online from the USA... There is a world outside the USA....

Thanked by 1runcloud_fikri
  • lol someone is salty today

• Look guys how working runcloud.io support

Thanked by 3Aidan coreflux nulldev
  • jhjh Member

The poll doesn't make any sense and I'm not sure if you created this thread just for your aff link.

I've not used runcloud but if you want something similar, there's ServerPilot (aff link just like yours). A bit lighter on features but the company seems more credible and the product is stable and more polished. Pricing is almost identical.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@magneto664 said:
    Look guys how working runcloud.io support

Well I mean... were you being a fucktard?

Thanked by 3WSS runcloud_fikri FHR
  • WSSWSS Member

Anyone who has "fucktard" in their vernacular is welcome in my mind.

• @Harambe said:

@magneto664 said:
    Look guys how working runcloud.io support

Well I mean... were you being a fucktard?

And to be fair.. I am paying for their service and extremely happy, including how they choose to deal with fucktards. :)

Thanked by 1runcloud_fikri
  • @jh said:
    The poll doesn't make any sense and I'm not sure if you created this thread just for your aff link.

I've not used runcloud but if you want something similar, there's ServerPilot (aff link just like yours). A bit lighter on features but the company seems more credible and the product is stable and more polished. Pricing is almost identical.

My footer links were added long after this discussion was started, as I purchased the service and am happy with what I get for $10 a month. The affiliate link gives you more time in the trail compared to signing up on the website and I don't get paid, but just a few extra days before renewal for anyone who tries the trial. No payment needed.

• It's an awesome product and never faced any issue with support. Responses are quick and even helped with application related issues.

Also, no their prices are not identical to serverpilot. ServerPilot is $10 per server, it's per account.

• @jetchirag said:
    It's an awesome product and never faced any issue with support. Responses are quick and even helped with application related issues.

Also, no their prices are not identical to serverpilot. ServerPilot is $10 per server, it's per account.

Ever think they're both owned by the same person? Sites have similar feels..

• @cheapwebdev said:

@jetchirag said:
    It's an awesome product and never faced any issue with support. Responses are quick and even helped with application related issues.

Why would anyone think that? Serverpilot was founded earlier to runcloud and have different team working. Sites have totally different feel

• @cheapwebdev said:

@jetchirag said:

nope.. what @jetchirag said is true