Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider as a seedbox?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider as a seedbox?

Hi,

Has anyone used their dedicated servers as seedboxes? I'm looking especially the cheap France servers. Their ToS seems to be pretty strict though.

Is there anything better with good CPU and at least 1TB of storage space around 10-15 euros?

Comments

• Well, I'm pretty sure you won't find anything better thab the oneprovider i3 deal. I currently have one oneprovider i3 (i3 2100/4GB ram/10.65USD/mo) and using it as seedbox (private + public trackers) and never had any problems with it.

Thanked by 2phooner wolerine
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

My lady month with them I spanked the shit out of that server as a seedbox, no-one batted an eyelid. Cancelled it now because it's surplus to requirements, but I'm fairly sure that if Online don't care (they don't) OneProvider will never bother you either.

Thanked by 1phooner
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I pushed >500Mbps for at least 10 hours straight off one of the i3 boxes with them and never heard a peep.

The Online.net original deal says it comes with 250Mbps unmetered, so as long as you're not averaging higher than that you should be good.

Thanked by 2sipe phooner
  • sipesipe Member

Will i3 with 2TB storage become available? Looking at it for one week, still sold out. Was it available today?

• @sipe said:
    Will i3 with 2TB storage become available? Looking at it for one week, still sold out. Was it available today?

From my experience I see them available every 4-6 weeks, and they only last available for 1 day. Good luck getting one.

Thanked by 1sipe
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@sipe said:

I literally cancelled one last night so if they replenish stock as it becomes available, you may get lucky today.

Thanked by 1sipe
  • @Nekki said:

@sipe said:

I literally cancelled one last night so if they replenish stock as it becomes available, you may get lucky today.

I believe they take at least 4-5 days to put it back on stock. I will be looking out for that box, as I really wanted one last time they were available.

Thanked by 1sipe
  • Thanks for the answers guys! Does anyone know more about their ToS regarding IRC connections? I tried to ask from sales department, and first they said it's ok, but after linking them their own ToS they said it's not ok to use IRC... What gives? Why would they block it in the first place?

• @phooner said:
    Thanks for the answers guys! Does anyone know more about their ToS regarding IRC connections? I tried to ask from sales department, and first they said it's ok, but after linking them their own ToS they said it's not ok to use IRC... What gives? Why would they block it in the first place?

It's a DDOS magnet maybe?

Thanked by 1phooner
  • WSSWSS Member

OneProvider is HVH of dedicated.

• Same as the others. Seedbox with Plex and it's a beautiful thing.

Thanked by 1phooner