Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago or Dallas reliable dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago or Dallas reliable dedicated

Hey guys, looking for for reliable dedicated servers in Chicago or Dallas. I was hoping to get Vultr's dedicated instances, but they're out of stock in Chicago.

Looking for these two types of specs:

1. Intel Xeon E3-1230/1240, 16 GB RAM, 2xSSD (RAID 1), 1 Gbps uplink, under $120/mo

2. Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620 or similar, 32 GB RAM, 2xSSD (RAID 1), 1 Gbps uplink, under $180/mo

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Cheers!

Comments

• RizRiz Member

Tzulo, Leaseweb, Alnitech or one of many providers out of Steadfast should work for you in Chicago.

Thanked by 1nilson
  • Thanks Riz.

Tzulo looks alright. Are they reliable, if you've had any experience with them?

Leaseweb doesn't seem to have SSD servers in Chicago or Dallas within my budget.

Alnitech is over my budget.

• @nilson said:
    Thanks Riz.

Leaseweb doesn't seem to have SSD servers in Chicago or Dallas within my budget.

What?

Alnitech is running a great promo in the moment...

https://alnitech.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=76

You can setup the drives as you want....

• @mtsbatalha said:

That's nice, but costs $180/mo with 2xSSD, which is over my mentioned budget for that spec.

• @nilson said:

@mtsbatalha said:

That's nice, but costs $180/mo with 2xSSD, which is over my mentioned budget for that spec.

I'm sorry, use coupon: 110_OFF Coupon

so the pricing is down.

Thanked by 1nilson
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

You gotta get the Alnitech coupons off WebHostingTalk. I think that config @mtsbatalha linked to is like $59.99 or something with the latest coupon.

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha nilson
  • @Harambe said:
    You gotta get the Alnitech coupons off WebHostingTalk. I think that config @mtsbatalha linked to is like $59.99 or something with the latest coupon.

Yes, it is....

• RizRiz Member

@nilson said:
    Thanks Riz.

Yeah, the owner of Tzulo is a really nice guy. I had reached out when I was looking for quotes on a rack out there. You'll probably have better luck reaching out directly to them. From what I know, they've been growing pretty steadily.

Alnitech is cheap as long as you watch their promos, what turned me away from them was Supermicro IPMI on a WAN IP, take it as you please, but with no firewall - no thanks.

I have a handful of servers at Leaseweb, and they're great, but that's going to be the most expensive approach. I don't have anything at their Chicago location for that reason.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Riz said:
    what turned me away from them was Supermicro IPMI on a WAN IP, take it as you please, but with no firewall - no thanks.

They're firewalled, have to white list IPs in the panel to access IPMI.

• RizRiz Member

@Harambe said:

@Riz said:
    what turned me away from them was Supermicro IPMI on a WAN IP, take it as you please, but with no firewall - no thanks.

They're firewalled, have to white list IPs in the panel to access IPMI.

That's a good thing now. When I brought up the fact, they didn't seem to care. Refunds were issued though so I have no complaints.

• @TNAHosting might be able to help in Chicago?

Thanked by 1TNAHosting
  • TravTrav Member

Highly recommend Tzulo, been with them for about a year now and they've been amazing. Had to create a few tickets and they respond less than an hour each time, and are always helpful.

Thanked by 1nilson
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

http://usdedicated.com - Free DDoS protection, LA, NY, Chicago and Dallas locations. Been with them for over a year and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Thanked by 2nilson Riz