Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very cheap vps (less than 5$/year) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very cheap vps (less than 5$/year)

2»

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@add_iT said:

@pluush said:

$1/year? With a dedicated IPv4? How?! How much bandwidth do you actually get?

This is from their last blackfriday deals and very very limited

I have got one too

The $6/year KVM had 500GB of bandwidth. I want to say the $1/year is like 200 or 300GB.

• Most of those specials from virmach dissapeared within minutes! Grabbed one 512MB/5$/y and I'm very satified (except I regret I did not grab more of them). It is rock-solid, with uptime nearly year...

• @tonyapac said:

@Edmond said:
    I wonder where can you get stuff that's less than $5 and it's a VPS... I know $1/year shared hosting. I know $2/year NAT VPS (@cam246). But I got no idea where I can get anything less than $5/year unless Virmach throws another party..

NAT VPS hosters usually will forward port 80 (requires setup) for you. Just double check. But if you don't want to risk it and get a IPv4, try this offer, it's a 128MB OVZ VPS from Virmach. Use LEB30 to bring it down to $5.25/year.

(aff link)

I do have a $1/year VPS, it was a special order from VIRMACH. It is a 128MB OVZ VPS with a dedicated IPv4 address. Cheap but very stable, I am quite happy with VIRMACH.

Wasn't that limited to only a 100 VPS? At any rate, they're already losing money on the IP....

• NanoShinonome said: If I can't find anything for this price I think I'm going to get the cheapest 25$ POS xeon I find on ebay and learn a bit more about virtualization, networking and all that kind of stuff.

>

It's quite confusing as in header you said you need less than $5/yr and in above paragraph, you mentioned "I'm going to get the cheapest 25$ POS xeon".

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Harold said:

NanoShinonome said: If I can't find anything for this price I think I'm going to get the cheapest 25$ POS xeon I find on ebay and learn a bit more about virtualization, networking and all that kind of stuff.

>

It's quite confusing as in header you said you need less than $5/yr and in above paragraph, you mentioned "I'm going to get the cheapest 25$ POS xeon".

It's not confusing. He's saying that if he can't get the VPS he wants he's going to buy a $25 server from eBay and run it himself instead.

• It's quite confusing as in header you said you need less than $5/yr and in above paragraph, you mentioned "I'm going to get the cheapest 25$ POS xeon".

I meant a physical server, that I can fire up once in a while to play with virtualization, and I can work on the hardware and learn about networking; it's kind of an investment since I'm learning stuff, and while it costs more I can keep it for multiple years.

Further ebay searching revealed that I probably could not have got one for 25$, so I'm pretty happy with my 3$ vps.

• @pluush said:

@tonyapac said:

@Edmond said:
    I wonder where can you get stuff that's less than $5 and it's a VPS... I know $1/year shared hosting. I know $2/year NAT VPS (@cam246). But I got no idea where I can get anything less than $5/year unless Virmach throws another party..

NAT VPS hosters usually will forward port 80 (requires setup) for you. Just double check. But if you don't want to risk it and get a IPv4, try this offer, it's a 128MB OVZ VPS from Virmach. Use LEB30 to bring it down to $5.25/year.

(aff link)

I do have a $1/year VPS, it was a special order from VIRMACH. It is a 128MB OVZ VPS with a dedicated IPv4 address. Cheap but very stable, I am quite happy with VIRMACH.

I am not kidding. 250GB/month.

• @add_iT said:

@pluush said:

@tonyapac said:

@Edmond said:

(aff link)

This is from their last blackfriday / cyber monday deals and very very limited

I have got one too

https://lowendbox.com/blog/cyber-monday-deals-from-virtual-machine-solutions-128mb-openvz-1yr-768mb-kvm-6yr-and-more/

Yes, me too

• @Edmond said:

@tonyapac said:

@Edmond said:

(aff link)

Wasn't that limited to only a 100 VPS? At any rate, they're already losing money on the IP....

I do not know but I have to say Virmach is very good.

• @tonyapac said:

@Edmond said:

@tonyapac said:

@Edmond said:

(aff link)

I do not know but I have to say Virmach is very good.

I can't figure out how they can sustain this service anyway. Oh well, if it's there, use it!