Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello All
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hello All

We'd like to introduce our project mydc.net. Our goal there is to help all people who want to find really best place for their website. We believe that load time of website is one of most important thing for success, especially for e-commerce websites. And even a good service provider can't be best for every location, you need to choose the right hosting provider for the right location. For example, even the best European data center will not be the best for the Australian market and vice versa. Therefore, beside data centers technical and marketing information, we created Rank system based on test page download speed (https://mydc.net/how-it-works/). At the moment we have our monitoring agents in 100+ data centers and we will increase this amount to get more precise data. Also we're adding hosting service providers who operate in every data center. Those hosters who provide VPS for our monitoring agent also participate our ranking and will get detailed report about state of provided services.

Our team has big experience with web hosting. We worked with dozens of data centers and every time we going to start working with new data center, we have to pass long procedure to collect all needed information. All marketing information we can easily find on the data center's website. But to find out how good the DC we must order VPS, add it to our monitoring system, gather monitoring data couple of months and finally made conclusion. And even after that we need to continue to monitor situation because network connectivity changes every minute. It's oblivious that not every website owner can do this work for several data centers in the desired area to choose best one. So we decided to create public service and share our knowledge to anybody who cares about its visitor convenience and deep client satisfaction. We already placed test pages in many locations and calculate Rank based on last 3 month stats.

We ask you to try it here https://mydc.net and will be grateful for your feedback. The website is still under development so please don't be too strict with us because of possible bugs

Also if you are representative of datacenter or hosting provider and found error in your profile, please contact us using contact form https://mydc.net/contact/.

P.S. This is not commercial project, we are not making money from this. Our goal is to inform hosting users about dc's and hosting companies, to choose the best one in the market.

Thanked by 1bap

Comments

• nicenice Member

Cool project! Wish you best of luck.

PS: Don't think he broke any rules.

Thanked by 1mydc
  • Nice project

Thanked by 1mydc
  • LeviLevi Member

That logo... holy moly... remove it entirely until it's to late. Also, DC photos may be protected by dmca crap. Be careful.

• mydcmydc Member

@LTniger said:
    That logo... holy moly... remove it entirely until it's to late. Also, DC photos may be protected by dmca crap. Be careful.

What is wrong with logo?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thread cleaned. Cool project. Next person that asks you to read the forum rules can get a week vacation to read them for themselves.

Thanked by 4Tom mydc nice laneleoean
  • @jarland said:
    Thread cleaned. Cool project. Next person that asks you to read the forum rules can get a week vacation to read them for themselves.

Okay. "read the rules"

=)

• Cool project. Also, I see below notice on website at top -

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/mydc/public_html/wp-content/themes/mydc/category-region-city.php on line 11

• Interested to see more when it is more populated with content. Website is slow, you should speed it up.

• mydcmydc Member

@lnx1001 said:
    Interested to see more when it is more populated with content. Website is slow, you should speed it up.

Yes, we are looking for hosters and data centres who interested to join our ranking system, all those who join us will have benefits from early access. About site speed, we will connect to CDN, to provide fast loading from everywhere.

• Holy wall of text anyone have a tldr?

• @AuroraZ said:
    Holy wall of text anyone have a tldr?

tl;dr MyDC was started by @mydc,

• MyDC is another server ranking site,

• He's looking for new applicants/companies to join said site

Thanked by 1szarka
  • @doghouch said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Holy wall of text anyone have a tldr?

tl;dr MyDC was started by @mydc,

• MyDC is another server ranking site,

• He's looking for new applicants/companies to join said site

Ahh soo more Spamtards ty for the tldr.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • Hmm...

Network port – best you can provide because it will affect data center Rank.

I'm not sure your ranking will mean much, beyond which provider is most willing to provide you with a nice VPS to get better test results. Which might be nice, I'll admit. But if you want the rankings to be useful, you might want to specify some standard configurations or price points so you compare apples to apples.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Well how come the rankings are from GoSys.net.

Also the blog contains articles from Serverwatch and Computerworld.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • WSSWSS Member

Toss my salad.

• I looked at the site but couldn't find the places or companies I was looking for. I guess it will take quite a while for enough companies and data centers to be listed in order to make the site useful.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    I looked at the site but couldn't find the places or companies I was looking for. I guess it will take quite a while for enough companies and data centers to be listed in order to make the site useful.

a.k.a never

• @Ole_Juul said:
    I looked at the site but couldn't find the places or companies I was looking for. I guess it will take quite a while for enough companies and data centers to be listed in order to make the site useful.

They are nothing but http://gosys.net/ ... Seems like a front for getting free servers and using for something else

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@WSS said:
    Toss my salad.

I genuinely didn't know what that term meant until I stumbled across a video about a year back.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • mydcmydc Member

@ravepen said:
    Well how come the rankings are from GoSys.net.

Also the blog contains articles from Serverwatch and Computerworld.

Gosys is our project also, we are currently migrating links and profiles from Gosys to Mydc.

• mydcmydc Member

@szarka said:
    Hmm...

Network port – best you can provide because it will affect data center Rank.

I'm not sure your ranking will mean much, beyond which provider is most willing to provide you with a nice VPS to get better test results. Which might be nice, I'll admit. But if you want the rankings to be useful, you might want to specify some standard configurations or price points so you compare apples to apples.

Thank you for feedback. Let me explain this moment. Our main goal is to show best location, i.e. data center for any particular project. But not any data center provides hosting services to end users. So we use VPS from hosting providers. Our logic is following. One hosting provider can make rank worse than other one in the same data center (because of overload node, etc), but it can not make the rank better than data center can supply under ideal conditions. So if we have for example 3 agents in the same data center, we just get the best result as data center rank. The more agents we have, the more accurate the rank will be. In other words, if you are owner of hosting company, and you are saying that you are good, on mydc you have a chance to prove that. With your best gear you have. The same is for dc's.

• @mydc I get the logic and the usefulness but you will need thousands of data centers, and many times that hosting providers, before this starts to actually become useful. How long do you anticipate this will take.

PS: I guess what I'm asking is when should I check back? :)

• mydcmydc Member

We are working hard to populate our directory with new data centers. Firstly, we will have dc profiles, where users can find info and location of data centers. And in a couple days more than 500 dc profiles we will add, and about 150 ranks. So our projection is between 100 and 200 new ranks monthly.