Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RESOLVED] Which CDN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RESOLVED] Which CDN

DeanDean Member
edited August 2017 in Requests

Hey y'all.

I'm with BunnyCDN by @bunnyspeed, but am having issues... and have to wait 24 hours between each reply to my ticket - which is too long when one of their PoPs isn't serving files.

What alternatives do you all recommend?

~ D

Comments

• Why not just wait for their reply?

• DeanDean Member
    edited August 2017

because the issue is ongoing - and playing ping pong via email since tuesday (with them taking 24 hours each time), is getting on my nerves. It means that i've been unable to use the CDN because anyone that views my website and is served by the UK PoP means that they get a completely broken site as it's serving 403 and 502 errors.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • CDN.net gave offer on $20 plan ($7/month). Worth a try if still available

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

@Dean said:
    Hey y'all.

I'm with BunnyCDN by @bunnyspeed, but am having issues... and have to wait 24 hours between each reply to my ticket - which is too long when one of their PoPs isn't serving files.

~ D

I'm sorry I was replying so slowly. Completely my bad, I actually thought you were just setting things up and I'm sorry if this caused any downtime. From what I see only around 40 requests were served. I wasn't sure what much can be done on our side if your backend is returning 403 errors on a single location besides telling you to check your firewall/security software and whitelist the IP.

Thanked by 1Dean
  • @BunnySpeed said:

@Dean said:
    Hey y'all.

~ D

I'm sorry I was replying so slowly. Completely my bad, I actually thought you were just setting things up and I'm sorry if this caused any downtime. From what I see only around 40 requests were served. I wasn't sure what much can be done on our side if your backend is returning 403 errors on a single location besides telling you to check your firewall/security software and whitelist the IP.

Well, mine seems to work fine. Try accessing

https://sanvit-share.b2.b-cdn.sanvit.me/gfriend.jpg

And see if it works!

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • DeanDean Member

Yeah, I have other zones that are working too, that are on the same server.
    My host says it's not their end... and BunnyCDN say it's not their end (and I suspect it is).
    So now i'm playing ping pong again.

The thing, what was being returned is not our error page at all and the 403 page stated that the request was forbidden by a script/firewall somewhere: "Request forbidden by administrative rules.". We have a few thousand zones running without any issues so this was coming from the origin server.

For some reason, it now went away, but this doesn't explain why it was there in the first place, so I'd be happy to see if we can replicate this.

• Hah! Love 'em! :D

• @Dean said:
    My host says it's not their end... and BunnyCDN say it's not their end (and I suspect it is).

Maybe a 403 error was returned as a one-time error and it has been cached by the specific node? Have you tried purging cache?(although I believe BCDN doesn't cache 40X responses)

@sanvit said:

@Dean said:

Maybe a 403 error was returned as a one-time error and it has been cached by the specific node? Have you tried purging cache?(although I believe BCDN doesn't cache 40X responses)

As I explained in the ticket, even a simple wget returns a 403 error on the origin URL. It only happened on the two nodes that originally received traffic on the first day. I'm not sure how much more I can do here.

• @BunnySpeed said:

@sanvit said:

@Dean said:

As I explained in the ticket, even a simple wget returns a 403 error on the origin URL. It only happened on the two nodes that originally received traffic on the first day. I'm not sure how much more I can do here.

Maybe theres a firewall blocking from the origin server? Maybe you could provide the IP address of the PoPs receiving 403 errors to @Dean so he can work out with the provider?

• @BunnySpeed said:

@sanvit said:

@Dean said:

Not trying to hijack post but can I know progress of robot.txt feature I submitted. I was told it would be up in a week but has been ~2 months. It would be great if I could protect main site data from being submitted to search engine.

• DeanDean Member

One of their locations was on my hosts' shit-list. The UK one however, is not.
    So it's still not resolved.

• I can't believe you ditched the old panel. It was absolutely stunning!
    I want it back.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • YuraYura Member
    edited August 2017

@HackedServer said:

I can't believe you ditched the old panel. It was absolutely stunning!
    I want it back.

+100 000

• @HackedServer said:

I want it back.

>

New one seems more clean and uncluttered

• jetchirag said: New one seems more clean and uncluttered

Its 90% white space like every other site tries to be these days. It has like 3 different colors total. The other one was super unique, colorful, had a great layout.

The new one seems like every single other "minimal" twitter bootstrap style site in existence.

The old one, in complete honesty, was my favorite part of BunnyCDN and what made me want to use it.

• @jetchirag said:

@HackedServer said:

I want it back.

>

New one seems more clean and uncluttered

I agree, everything more commonly used is more accessible now.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Dean said:
    One of their locations was on my hosts' shit-list. The UK one however, is not.
    So it's still not resolved.

I'd probably recommend changing the host then. Who knows what other locations are there.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • DeanDean Member

There was only that one... the online.net /24 was on their drop list as it had been naughty.

The host has actually been pretty good - the issue was indeed at BunnyCDN's end. I was able to find the problem in the end & replicate it.

• @Dean said:
    The host has actually been pretty good - the issue was indeed at BunnyCDN's end. I was able to find the problem in the end & replicate it.

It's not BunnyCDN's issue that your hosting provider decides to block a /24 from another provider :-)

Thanked by 1Rhys

Well, they blocked the while Online.net /24, still not sure what happened in the UK. We're with Clovider there. From what I've seen they seem kind of they're trigger happy or there's a header that we're sending that bothers them, but we don't do anything special so that's a longshot.

You did not replicate the problem, you simply routed outside of UK PoP by creating a big file optimized zone that routes to another PoP, likely the DE one. This just further proves the problem is on their side. All the zone types use a 100% identical configuration when it comes to connecting to upstream, but work on a different network mix.

I'm really sorry for this messy situation, I'd love to help, but I'm not sure there's much else I can do if your host is unwilling to admit to a problem.

@jetchirag said:

@BunnySpeed said:

@sanvit said:

@Dean said:

Not trying to hijack post but can I know progress of robot.txt feature I submitted. I was told it would be up in a week but has been ~2 months. It would be great if I could protect main site data from being submitted to search engine.

Sorry, will escalate that a bit. We've had a few problems to solve with the new dashboard snd storage that I had to prioritize.

@HackedServer said:

jetchirag said: New one seems more clean and uncluttered

Its 90% white space like every other site tries to be these days. It has like 3 different colors total. The other one was super unique, colorful, had a great layout.

The new one seems like every single other "minimal" twitter bootstrap style site in existence.

The old one, in complete honesty, was my favorite part of BunnyCDN and what made me want to use it.

Uhm. Sorry to hear that. It wasn't an easy choice to completely redo everything, but afterwards I am more than happy that we did it. The old one was a messy template with a confusing UI so we wanted something cleaner and focus on UX before looks. Though subjectively, I find the new one more visually attractive as well. The old one went through multiple iterations before becoming what it was and I'm sure that with some updates we can recapture the charm of the old one.

• DeanDean Member

It's working now - was definitely at your end...
    Was able to reproduce the error a couple of times, so there's a problem somewhere with your setup. One of your bulk servers didn't like UK connections (which is why I was able to connect via US VPN, and not a UK one - or my home and 3G connection).

My host was able to trace back that your UK PoP wasn't even hitting their network full stop when using the bulk plan. As soon as I switched over, they started to see connections - this proves that there is no firewall blocking the connection.

• DeanDean Member

If I create a new zone, set it to the "Small Files/Website" option, your
    CDN works fine.

If I create a new zone, set it to the "Large Files/Video" option, I get
    the 403 error when visiting from the UK.

This shows that there's no firewall getting in the way... or that you have another IP that's not on the list that you sent me that's being blocked?

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Dean said:
    If I create a new zone, set it to the "Small Files/Website" option, your
    CDN works fine.

If I create a new zone, set it to the "Large Files/Video" option, I get
    the 403 error when visiting from the UK.

This shows that there's no firewall getting in the way... or that you have another IP that's not on the list that you sent me that's being blocked?

Because the UK PoP isn't in use on large files/video...

• DeanDean Member
    edited August 2017

Exactly. And yet that's the one that BunnyCDN tried to blame it on... that and their French location.
    They were able to connect via every other location, but those two. So this shows that there's an issue somewhere, or that they're not looking in the right place? A UK visitor shouldn't get a 403 error...

I just told you that big file zones are not being routed to the UK PoP. Only when you create the Small File zone are you routed to the UK PoP which they blocked for some reason. Big File zones are using a smaller network set.

You can verify this by looking at the Server header that we return that should contain the node name.

• DeanDean Member

No, the UK PoP works when using the small zone. When on a big zone, and VISITING from the UK, a 403 error is shown to the visitor.