Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Test NVMe UK Hourly - prem de la prem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beta Test NVMe UK Hourly - prem de la prem

vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Boys and girls of all ages. Today the prem de la prem of the hosting industry has just been reached. You thought the bar was set, today the bar has been raised. VMHaus today is running a beta test for our new product powered by Bonsai and @Clouvider

Over the past few weeks we have been putting the pieces together for our completely custom control panel, Bonsai, yeah that's a couple of weeks (just over a month to be exact). Dear SolusVM our developers have CV’s on hand in case you need help playing tennis using office fans instead of launching V2.

We are launching brand new hourly billed NVMe KVM servers inside @Clouvider’s new Telehouse North 2 data center. The latest addition to the Clouvider and VMHaus family. The Clouvider network vastly improves our connectivity in London including direct peering with Liberty Global (Virgin Media, UPC, Aorta and more) with direct and recently upgraded ports to LINX 1 & 2 (which allows us to peer with BT, Sky, TalkTalk, Zen and more!) and up links include the usual (Level3, NTT, GTT, Telia, Cogent)

Thanks to some recent upgrades out Clouvider their network is now locally DDoS protected thanks to our on-site DDoS protection with NTT protection staying on hand for those larger attacks

Moving away from our mouthwatering network we move to our mouthwatering hardware. We’ve gone with a brand spanking new Xeon E3-1270 v6 which clocks in at 3.8GHz with a nice little boost to 4.2GHz. We've also thrown (gently placed by Dom) 64GB of ECC DDR4 RAM for good measure finally backed by our 1TB Samsung NVMe disks which give your applications that little push to run faster.

Finally we need your help to make sure our developers had enough coffee in them and make sure they didn't slack off half way through. So we are introducing a beta test where we are inviting a decent crowd from LET to come test our panel. You'll be provided with a free VPS for the duration of the beta (around 2 weeks) of which will be a 1 Shared Core, 512MB of DDR4 RAM, 10GB of Blisteringly fast NVMe and the 500GB of premium bandwidth.

You may be asking well what do I get from this? A free VPS for 2 weeks you can drool at some benchmarks, what more do you want for free. If you are helpful spot a bug, give some detailed insight you might have a dollar or two on your account by the end of the beta coming fresh out of the pocket of the developer that caused the cockup. We are using this beta test to see are you interested in this and how much coffee our developers missed (judging by their Tassimo bill I don't think it was much).

Feedback is amazing so drop it in a ticket either one of our dedicated panel monkeys or myself will look into it and see where we can go.

Come join us at the NVMe fun house https://bonsai.vmhaus.com/

To apply for free credit for the beta submit a ticket to the Beta Credit addition department.

Comments

• @vmhaus

A server error occured, sorry :(

• 500 :(

• Can I use old account on vmhaus for this?

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Aluminat said:
    Can I use old account on vmhaus for this?

Hey buddy, as this is build on a completely different platform, you will need to register again. ;)

Thanked by 1Aluminat

@mtsbatalha said:
    @vmhaus

We're checking on it ;)

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited August 2017

I'm so confused... does this mean it worked or didn't work...

Thanked by 2Aidan mehargags
  • @vmhaus said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    @vmhaus

We're checking on it ;)

Seems that is working right now... Thanks...

I have opened a ticket about my free beta credit... :D

• same issue, login loop

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@elofty said:
    same issue, login loop

Make sure to click the activate link in the email - I can login after that and refreshing the login page. When activating I got another "Whoops that didn't work - Account activated"

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited August 2017

@iKeyZ said:

@elofty said:
    same issue, login loop

Make sure to click the activate link in the email - I can login after that and refreshing the login page. When activating I got another "Whoops that didn't work - Account activated"

clicking deploy just seems to disable the button and does nothing..

• Funny thing is that when my login is "successful," I get redirected to /instances and then right back to /login.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    Funny thing is that when my login is "successful," I get redirected to /instances and then right back to /login.

@iKeyZ said:

@elofty said:
    same issue, login loop

Try that if you haven't ^ worked for me

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • AluminatAluminat Member
    edited August 2017

https://pastebin.com/APmBu5Cf

So far so good benchmark :-)

Thanked by 1vmhaus

@iKeyZ said:

@iKeyZ said:

@elofty said:
    same issue, login loop

clicking deploy just seems to disable the button and does nothing..

Please send us a ticket to request for Beta $ credits before deploying an instance ;) Thanks!

• @iKeyZ said:

@elofty said:
    same issue, login loop

I was able to login after clicking the activate link to verify my email address.

Thanked by 2vmhaus iKeyZ
  • @iKeyZ

Works now. It's probably going to be better in the long run if you add a message along with the "Account created" stuff that tells you to check your email.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • 1st attempt at creating account - 500 error

2nd attempt - Whoops, that didn't work, account created

Login was just a loop back to the login screen.

Got email (there was no notice of activation or email on the create. I assume that's what the "whoops" was about)

Activation link in email worked, but gave me another "whoops"

Can now access panel :)

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • Whoops that didn't work
    Account creation failed: Email invalid

• @vmhaus

Security flaw? You can use any token without logging in for VNC.

Thanked by 1alown
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

vmhaus said: Dear SolusVM our developers have CV’s on hand in case you need help playing tennis using office fans instead of launching V2.

Uuuuh SNAP!

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • Benchmark started on Thu Aug 10 15:51:38 UTC 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU Cores   : 1
    Frequency   : 3792.048 MHz
    Memory      : 492 MB
    Swap        :  MB
    Uptime      : 9 min,

OS      : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 4.9.0-3-amd64
    Hostname    : happyweb

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 185.214.xx.xx

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    112MB/s
    Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      10.3MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   7.64MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   4.02MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   6.46MB/s
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   5.31MB/s
    Tokyo, Japan        Linode      5.83MB/s
    Singapore       Softlayer   5.29MB/s
    Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     29.7MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    90.7MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 1.0 GB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 991 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 1.0 GB/s
    Average I/O : 331 MB/s

• @adamchang said:

Benchmark started on Thu Aug 10 15:51:38 UTC 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU Cores : 1
    Frequency : 3792.048 MHz
    Memory        : 492 MB
    Swap      :  MB
    Uptime        : 9 min,

OS        : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch      : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel        : 4.9.0-3-amd64
    Hostname  : happyweb

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 185.214.xx.xx

Location      Provider    Speed
    CDN           Cachefly    112MB/s
    Atlanta, GA, US       Coloat      10.3MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US        Softlayer   7.64MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US       Softlayer   4.02MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US  Softlayer   6.46MB/s
    Washington, DC, US    Softlayer   5.31MB/s
    Tokyo, Japan      Linode      5.83MB/s
    Singapore         Softlayer   5.29MB/s
    Rotterdam, Netherlands    id3.net     29.7MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands  Leaseweb    90.7MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run) : 1.0 GB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 991 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 1.0 GB/s
    Average I/O   : 331 MB/s

That benchmark script needs an upgrade

Thanked by 1adamchang
  • Having a blast trying to find bugs in this panel.

Heheheheheh.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • Does this co me with any Yeti?

• Lol
    Have fun but not too much fun.

Panel Monkey report:

1) 500 error, fixed small issue mostly caused by my doctor telling me to go easy on the coffee and lucozade.
    2) login loop. I've got my head firmly mashed into pycharm sorting now.
    3) Error/success. Fixed, when you've had 2 months of developing a panel you don't know if you are a failure or a success.
    4) Email invalid @rumi4 - We run DNS checks other checks on your mail server to ensure your email is valid. This reduces us sending mail that gets bounced.
    5) Thank you for the holy freevps.us benchmark, never fails to give me that tingling feeling.
    6) VNC highlight, we've addressed this in much more detail in the ticket and I think we are on the same track.
    7) @FlamesRunner its a huge blast, much like the yeti @AuroraZ craves, and yes you want yeti, i'll show you yeti.
    8) @rumi4 Inspired by 4am python coding watching the inbetweeners movie. No 50 euro fines here

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • @vmhaus why there are the TEST IPv4/IPv6 addresses showing when choosing the the location for the new deployment?

@adamchang said:
    @vmhaus why there are the TEST IPv4/IPv6 addresses showing when choosing the the location for the new deployment?

Don't you want to test the location before you deploy? We thought it was a handy little feature. Saves you wasting the price of a grain of rice.

Thanked by 1adamchang
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited August 2017

Hmm... the log in page looks too green that I have a hard time trying to see the white text to find the create account button.

I'm going to sign up and try if your still accepting people.

Edit: you should add a message for inactivated accounts that they should activate it with their link. I tried logging in before doing that and I just get sent back to log in and got confused. Is the 404 for the notification intended? Like is it made yet?

• How much price will be after beta?