Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS with good CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS with good CPU

Hi there,

I'm looking for a cheap VPS that can run a custom gameserver (I've made it), it doesn't require a huge power, but I don't want to get kicked by using the CPU too much. It will be used while I develop the game.

Requirements:
At least 1 core
At least 1Gb RAM
EU (FR/AMS/DE/UK)
Linux is OK, Windows will be appreciated
<10$ (the lower the better)

I was thinking on Scaleway 3€ plan, will it support my requirements?

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

Grab a slice from @Francisco Windows is included too all for the low price of $3.50 https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

• @17brownj looks interesting, but I don't know how 1/4 will perform, I'll take a look.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

i7-6700K and i7-4790K in France, no Windows though. $6 USD/m for 1GB / 15GB SSD https://extravm.com

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

Thanks!

Our slices aren't hard capped, we just reserve the right to apply it if you sit there mowing down CPU 24/7.

Francisco

• BreezehostBreezehost Member
    edited August 2017

@Vancete said:
    Hi there,

I'm looking for a cheap VPS that can run a custom gameserver (I've made it), it doesn't require a huge power, but I don't want to get kicked by using the CPU too much. It will be used while I develop the game.

Requirements:
    At least 1 core
    At least 1Gb RAM
    EU (FR/AMS/DE/UK)
    Linux is OK, Windows will be appreciated
    <10$ (the lower the better)

I was thinking on Scaleway 3€ plan, will it support my requirements?

Thanks in advance ;)

Hello Vancete,

Check with our US VPS servers that suits your requirement the best.

SSD VPS Server

GALE 1
    RAM: 1 GB
    VSwap: 512 MB
    SSD: 75GB
    CPU: 1CPU
    Transfer: 3TB
    IPv4: 2
    IPv6: 2
    Port Speed: 100Mbps
    100%Uptime: Included
    DDOS Protection: Included
    Pricing: 7 USD/ Mo

More plans available here.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2017

There is always Netcup starting from 8€/mo for 2 dedicated cores (which you are allowed to 100% max out 24/7) and 6 GB DDR4 RAM along with 1 Gbit/s port @ 10TB and you can choose between their already fast SAS storage or SSD. Mounting own ISOs/Disk is possible.

Netcup.de / Netcup.eu

Make sure you pick "Rootserver" as these are the ones where you can max out cpu.

• edited August 2017

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Thanks!

Our slices aren't hard capped, we just reserve the right to apply it if you sit there mowing down CPU 24/7.

Francisco

But the 4gb slices and up are dedicted cpu right?

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Thanks!

Francisco

But the 4gb slices and up are dedicted cpu right?

Yup.

Francisco

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • @Francisco, I'm not really sure about the CPU usage until I test it myself, thanks for the info.

@Breezehost not interested in USA, thanks anyway.

@Ympker That sounds cool, but I see 9.99€, any coupon or something for the 8€ price?

• @Vancete said:
    @Francisco, I'm not really sure about the CPU usage until I test it myself, thanks for the info.

@Ympker That sounds cool, but I see 9.99€, any coupon or something for the 8€ price?

€7.99 for annual payment now.

• @Vancete said:

Thanks for information. Better luck next time:)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2017

@Vancete said:
    @Francisco, I'm not really sure about the CPU usage until I test it myself, thanks for the info.

Any netcup customer can give you a 5€ one time coupon code I think :)
    @Falzo can do this for you as he is still benefitting from it^^ 7,99€/mo is yearly. Otherwhise 9,99€/mo

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

just have a look at our KVM offers: https://www.kms-hosting.com/rootserver :-)

• @Kabeldamagement sounds interesting, the cheapest offer has 1 dedicated core?

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Vancete said:
    @Kabeldamagement sounds interesting, the cheapest offer has 1 dedicated core?

We dont advertise them as dedicated, but our nodes are not overloaded - there is no hardcore sharing between instances ;-)

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
  • @exception0x876 Interesting one, thanks!

• serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider

Xen VPS with Windows and Linux operating system support 1GB RAM €7.99

• @Ympker said:

@Vancete said:

>

Any netcup customer can give you a 5€ one time coupon code I think :)
    @Falzo can do this for you as he is still benefitting from it^^ 7,99€/mo is yearly. Otherwhise 9,99€/mo

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1550 makes it 8,99€ monthly and 6,99€ yearly (prices include 19% german VAT so maybe even cheaper if you can get that deducted)
    also as @Ympker pointed out, feel free to grab a one-off 5€ code from my signature ;-)

there is also ultravps.eu https://www.ultravps.eu/en/vps/?pdid=OB595E46555DO6331C64 (aff) offering reliable services without limitations on cpu, also available in AMS...

• I'll think about it and pick one the next week.

Thank you all

• @Francisco

Why is your kvm is cheaper than openvz ? looks fishy

• @Breezehost said:

@Vancete said:
    Hi there,

GALE 1

Read rules, you don't have a provider tag

@yokowasis said:
    @Francisco

The OpenVZ's are discontinued. If you try to order them it tells you to Get A Slice (tm).

I have to figure out a page format for a single plan to cover the 128MB. That, or I retire that too and put some other cheapo plan together.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Aluminat T_Abraham
  • At first I read discounted instead of discontinued.

A cheapo guy will go to openvz page first to see your range. When they see it is very expensive they won't bother opening kvm. Or they will open kvm page and just assume it will be higher than openvz. Well that's how I do it anyway.

@Francisco said:

@yokowasis said:
    @Francisco

The OpenVZ's are discontinued. If you try to order them it tells you to Get A Slice (tm).

I have to figure out a page format for a single plan to cover the 128MB. That, or I retire that too and put some other cheapo plan together.

Francisco

• You are the one who need to read the rules. Which rules does he violate ?

@jetchirag said:

@Breezehost said:

@Vancete said:
    Hi there,

GALE 1

• @yokowasis said:
    You are the one who need to read the rules. Which rules does he violate ?

@jetchirag said:

@Breezehost said:

@Vancete said:
    Hi there,

GALE 1

Afaik, you can't comment your site without provider tag

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@jetchirag said: Afaik, you can't comment your site without provider tag

As long as he's not posting in the offers section or saying "PM me", then it's permitted.

• @yokowasis tune it down a little bit, @jetchirag was just trying to help. @MasonR is right, as long as they are not posted in the offers without a provider tag, or saying "PM me" then it is all good.

Guys, let's dial back the hostility and be more polite. Some members don't remember by heart all of the rules.

Cheers!