Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to pay for this VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to pay for this VPS?

Hi,
This is my first post on LET. Signed up recently to have your suggestions about my VPS.

I bought a Cpanel VPS from UK (got a deal under GBP.6 per month) from LEB.
XEN, 1 ip address and 60GB space.
I know its cheap; but no way to pay monthly amount as the VPS is still unused. No clients in it so far. I have clients in reseller accounts; but no one in this Cpanel VPS.
I have added a poll..Just answer shall I pay for next month or not. Because its an idle one.

Shall I continue
  1. Shall I keep this vps or not?41 votes
    1. Yes
      46.34%
    2. No
      53.66%

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

LET is a website for people of who like to buy servers and then let them idle.

• Compare it to the reseller accounts and see if you can migrate some clients in and potentially get rid of a reseller account or accounts depending on costs, specs, locations and whatever variables you need to consider

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • @Nekki said:
    LET is a website for people of who like to buy servers and then let them idle.

So I am not alone. lol

• @Ho-ost said:
    Compare it to the reseller accounts and see if you can migrate some clients in and potentially get rid of a reseller account or accounts depending on costs, specs, locations and whatever variables you need to consider

I am worried about the speed/performance in this 1GB RAM. Also I need Softaculous, extra backup etc.

• How could you terminate a VPS? Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Did it do something bad to you? Did it become some kind of serial killer, murdering your processes? Can't you see that poor thing is running smoothly, never letting you down? Why are you so mean? How can you look yourself in the mirror knowing what you have become?

Thanked by 2nulldev ___
  • JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

At that price including cPanel, you should definitely just let it idle in anticipation of a need. When you need it.. you won't be able to get it back!

• intepentium0 said: So I am not alone. lol

Hello, my name is 3606202. I have idle servers. That's not a crime. It's fully okay.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@JSCL said:
    At that price including cPanel, you should definitely just let it idle in anticipation of a need. When you need it.. you won't be able to get it back!

Yeah, if the competition wants to take a hit and sell at loss - let them :p

Thanked by 1JSCL
  • bapbap Member

@intepentium0 said:

So I am not alone. lol

When you know that you are not alone....

• Poll result as of now. 57% Yes and 43% No
    Marginal difference..

• With money? Unless they take a lively tune as payment then go for it.

• If only everyone on LET posted for every server they had idle. That would be awesome.

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • So basically OP is a summerhost and cant afford to renew his own VPS?

• Start folding man!

• @stefeman said:
    So basically OP is a summerhost and cant afford to renew his own VPS?

No. I started hosting client sites from 2006. Having 5 RS accounts. Mainly from net ceteracetera, onra and fransisco. Added one from woot and another from Alpha recently.
    Will add my signature later. Don't know when LET allows to add a signature. Anyhow poll shows its meaningless to pay for idle vps from pocket evenif its a cpanel one.