Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch has just introduced NVMe dedicated CPU KVM servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch has just introduced NVMe dedicated CPU KVM servers

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Abdullah said:
    Thanks @bersy for posting this! Sadly the affiliate links will stop working for a while, while we come up with our own affiliate system. All the remaining affiliate sign-ups will remain so no worries on that part.

@chrisp said:
    Damn that's so tempting! Any discount codes to celebrate the new lineup?

Unfortunately not - we've tried to deliver the maximum we can in the price. But instead we have this:

On the $5/mo plan - add 1 GB additional RAM for $5 one-time fee

On the $10/mo plan - add 2 GB additional RAM for $10 one-time fee

The RAM remains for the lifetime of service and has to be requested via ticket within 24 hours of the order.

This is the best promotion I could come up with since we couldn't do pricing discounts :)

Looks like I'll be ordering one...

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited August 2017

@nhocconan said:
    For those who are addicted in bench:

From which datacenter is that bench? Also what's the latest promo for a 2GB KVM VPS? Ok, I see it's $5/month

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

One time fee ? So tricking sustainable. I've seen hat before this time of year.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nqservices said:

@nhocconan said:
    For those who are addicted in bench:

From which datacenter is that bench? Also what's the latest promo for a 2GB KVM VPS? Ok, I see it's $5/month

The bench appears to be from LA. It's identical hardware in all 3 locations (Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles).

@Clouvider said:

From a 6-year-old provider, with a history of raising prices, exactly.... zero times, including moving from a datacenter like Serverius to Telecity (now Equinix) a few years ago without raising a single cent to end users...?

The RAM is a promotion we plan to do once per location (about 100 upgrades available per location)

• Hi @Abdullah

Can you share the same speed bench test from your AMS datacenter? Also is there any special promotion for LET users on your 1 x 2.9+ GHz (50% dedicated) CPU, 2GB RAM, 25GB NVMe, 1TB bandwidth plan? Paid anually of course to get the best price!

• RizRiz Member

@Clouvider said:

Just because you can't work it with your pricing model is meaningless.

Nice offer! @Abdullah

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • How much is the ddos protection addon?

edited August 2017

@nqservices said:
    Hi @Abdullah

Can you share the same speed bench test from your AMS datacenter? Also is there any special promotion for LET users on your 1 x 2.9+ GHz (50% dedicated) CPU, 2GB RAM, 25GB NVMe, 1TB bandwidth plan? Paid anually of course to get the best price!

The only special we have is the one-time RAM promo. We don't plan on doing any price promos on these plans.

Benchmark started on Tue Aug  8 18:56:50 EDT 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 2899.998 MHz
    Memory          : 1841 MB
    Swap            : 63 MB
    Uptime          : 4 min,

OS              : \S
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.10.0-123.4.2.el7.x86_64
    Hostname        : deleteme

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is x.x.x.x

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        262MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          14.9MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       13.9MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       11.5MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       11.4MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       24.5MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          7.08MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       5.26MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         173MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        24.7MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 910 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 1.2 GB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 1.1 GB/s
    Average I/O     : 304.1 MB/s

@JoeMerit said:
    How much is the ddos protection addon?

DDoS protection is an additional $5/mo - but will be changed to $3/mo later this week. You can order and PM me to make it $3/mo manually after the order. Available in Amsterdam and Stockholm only at the moment.

Thanked by 2vimalware bersy
  • So the 1 x 2.9+ GHz (50% dedicated) CPU, 2GB RAM, 25GB NVMe, 1TB bandwidth price will be $36/year later this week, correct? And what about the RAM promo, does it means I will get more than 2GB RAM? Thanks

@nqservices said:
    So the 1 x 2.9+ GHz (50% dedicated) CPU, 2GB RAM, 25GB NVMe, 1TB bandwidth price will be $36/year later this week, correct? And what about the RAM promo, does it means I will get more than 2GB RAM? Thanks

Not sure where you got that from :)

There is another plan - which will cost $30 per year, that will come with half the resources of this plan, which will be available later this week. It won't affect the pricing of this plan.

The RAM promotion is written above in the thread.

• @Abdullah said:

There is another plan - which will cost $30 per year, that will come with half the resources of this plan, which will be available later this week.

wow, looking forward to this new plan. Thanks.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Abdullah Dedicated CPU cores can be used at any time 24/7, 7 days a week 100% usage without limitations?

@noqqkk said:
    @Abdullah Dedicated CPU cores can be used at any time 24/7, 7 days a week 100% usage without limitations?

Yes - except the 2 GB plan, which has a 50% dedicated core, the rest being burstable when needed.

• edited August 2017

Hey man , I like your prices and your new line up. However, I would suggest you change it from 200% Dedicated to 100% for everything that is dedicated, no need to do 400% or 1200% as it makes absolutely no sense. BTW, @Abdullah I ordered the 2gb package to try out this exciting new offer you have, and I know this isn't a support forum, but could you check out my invoice 108617. It is pending manual review due to my billing address not matching my IP that is on another continent. You know how it is for some people, we don't settle in 1 country, but move around from country to country. This makes it really hard to order some online services as I automatically get flagged as fraud.

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    BTW, @Abdullah I ordered the 2gb package to try out this exciting new offer you have, and I know this isn't a support forum, but could you check out my invoice 108617. It is pending manual review

Manual reviews are done within an hour, we automated a step in the new control panel to make it faster.

The CPU percentage is defined on the site. Thank you for the feedback!

• Shall I move a website from hostus kvm $8 pm 1gb ram and 2 share core or stay. Which will be better option?

• @jetchirag said:
    Shall I move a website from hostus kvm $8 pm 1gb ram and 2 share core or stay. Which will be better option?

Move with HostHatch, they have a better deal and much better panel. It is clean!

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@jetchirag said:
    Shall I move a website from hostus kvm $8 pm 1gb ram and 2 share core or stay. Which will be better option?

Move with HostHatch, they have a better deal and much better panel. It is clean!

Thanks, will wait for $30/year deal as I don't need much resources for it.

The $30/year plan is now available in Amsterdam and Stockholm. LA will be available later this week. You can order it from manage.hosthatch.com

Additional RAM promotion for this plan is: 512 MB additional RAM for a one-time fee of $3 USD (a ticket must be opened to request this within 24 hours of the order)

Some more stuff:

• This is a limited plan and not available on our main site.
    • DDoS protected IP addresses are now $3 per month each
    • Looking glass is fixed and can be accessed through Google Chrome now
    Thanked by 2alexyaoyang bersy
  • @Abdullah said:
    The $30/year plan is now available in Amsterdam and Stockholm. LA will be available later this week. You can order it from manage.hosthatch.com

Additional RAM promotion for this plan is: 512 MB additional RAM for a one-time fee of $3 USD (a ticket must be opened to request this within 24 hours of the order)

Some more stuff:

• This is a limited plan and not available on our main site.
    • DDoS protected IP addresses are now $3 per month each
    • Looking glass is fixed and can be accessed through Google Chrome now

i have $ 15 semi annual plan with you. Can i change to this ?

@mexyul said:

Yes - please open a ticket and we'll get this done.

• @Abdullah said:

@mexyul said:

Yes - please open a ticket and we'll get this done.

Thanks. Ticket submitted :)

• @Abdullah you got any promotions for your storage plans?

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2017

@Abdullah how about snapshots, is it a feature you plan to add in the future? VMs migration between available locations would be nice too.

@Ruriko said:
    @Abdullah you got any promotions for your storage plans?

Please PM me what you are looking for and I'll see if we can make it happen.

@bersy said:
    @Abdullah how about snapshots, is it a feature you plan to add in the future? VMs migration between available locations would be nice too.

Snapshots are a tricky one, but definitely on the roadmap. We want to do some more (simpler) things before though: full API for Falcon, some new locations and anycast.

Automatic migrations between locations are definitely easier to automate - thanks for the idea! Right now, they are possible manually through a ticket (which is still very fast) but automated is obviously faster and more efficient.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @Abdullah said:
    some new locations and anycast.

Singapore please ;)

@mexyul said:
    Singapore please ;)

The cost of (good) bandwidth is too high for us to be able to do these plans there. I'm sure there will be other providers there doing VPSs out of OVH SG though.

Would just like to update that the $30/year plan (1 GB RAM / 12 GB NVMe) is available in LA now, as promised earlier.

Anyone who has feedback on the new panel, or think we should do something differently or has any new feature requests - please email [email protected]. We're actively working on it and already have 2 new things on the roadmap because of user requests.

Thanked by 2bersy noqqkk
  • bersybersy Member
    edited August 2017

I propose to add a couple of small features: SSH keys and password access disabling right in the Panel. Any emergency & VNC access, self IPv4 & v6 rDNS assignment?

I assume that 1GB NVMe VM is the smallest one you are able to offer, but dare to ask you about even more less - 512MB one anyway. Don't get me wrong, that's LET after all, small idling VMs is our credo :)

• @bersy said:
    I propose to add a couple of small features: SSH keys and password access disabling right in the Panel. Any emergency & VNC access, self IPv4 & v6 rDNS assignment?

I assume that 1GB NVMe VM is the smallest one you are able to offer, but dare to ask you about even more less - 512MB one anyway. Don't get me wrong, that's LET after all, small idling VMs is our credo :)

512MB would be nice, but I would rather have SSH keys before a smaller VPS.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • 512MB would be nice :)