Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cripperz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cripperz

gamehead200gamehead200 Member
edited December 2011 in Reviews

Horrible, horrible, horrible!

I have nothing but bad things to say about this VPS provider. The first few months of service with Cripperz were decent, some downtime, but nothing too bad. Support staff wasn't that great from day 1. Horrible at understanding what was wrong with my VPS. Sometimes they'd just close my tickets without even answering them!

Now, for the last 10 days or so, as some of you probably know, one of their nodes has been inaccessible outside of their control panel for "abuse" by some of its users. I haven't been able to access my VPS via SSH or the web except through the serial console in their control panel. So basically, it can't do anything. Can't ping it, can't access it, and their support staff (the owner?) isn't answering any of my tickets, so what's the point? I'm ready to just grab an image of my VPS as soon it becomes accessible again and move away.

Sorry for my rant, but it just had to be said...

Comments

• @gamehead200 said: I'm ready to just grab an image of my VPS as soon it becomes accessible again and move away.

Backups...

Maybe you must discard the possibility of getting your files

• kalamkalam Member
    edited December 2011

Same problem and no response to tickets. Disappointing really, but at least I was only using it for my personal irc bouncer, and didn't trust it enough to running anything backup worthy.

• hmm, my VPS is running smooth

• I can also not recommend Cripperz...
    11$ Cripperz: 64 mbit RAM, 1mbit IO, slow network, much downtime
    15$ Cripperz: 128/256 mbit RAM, 100mbit IO, fast network, no downtime till now
    ...better pay the 4$ more

• @gsrdgrdghd said: ...better pay the 4$ more

Or just go with a host who doesn't use "this isn't one of our primary services" as an excuse not to provide a working product. Either use a full time host or expect results like this.

• It's not that I didn't backup my files; I did. It's the configuration that's not backed up, so setting it up again elsewhere will take some time.

• @gamehead200 said: It's the configuration that's not backed up

Heh, so you know what not to exclude from backups next time ;)

Thanked by 3gamehead200 tux djvdorp
  • @japon said: Heh, so you know what not to exclude from backups next time ;)

Yeah... Well, I still have access to it via their control panel, so I can still copy/paste all the configs I need. Not too worried about it. Just pissed that a company could be so horrible in supporting its customers.

• I'll try to get in contact with the owner via phone and Skype to figure out what's wrong.

• I agree. I have nothing but bad things to say about cripperz now, and I spend $21 with them. I only used it as a backup server (i.e sent my backups to it). I realised when Haas said that he recommended that his customers didn't use his VPS for providing live services that things were a bit shady. It's a shame paypal don't allow part refunds on annual subscriptions...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Sorry to bump the old thread... anyone knows where is Haas? My server is working fine, but it seems that he is dead, or he ran haha

• @netomx said: Sorry to bump the old thread... anyone knows where is Haas? My server is working fine, but it seems that he is dead, or he ran haha

I guess he will be out soon...

• I was lucky to get out with my money back via a paypal dispute a few days after signup :)

I wanted out because it was delivered too late, but I'm sorry to see you guys having this trouble :(

• Was unable to contact him via Skype. Did see him comment on several posts on 'Yahoo! Singapore' though.

• @Boltersdriveer said: Did see him comment on several posts on 'Yahoo! Singapore' though.

So, he is alive an hiding... :/

• My server is dead again. Good thing I stopped using it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Mine has never stopped working, but he nevers answers... this is just weird

• bretonbreton Member
    edited January 2012

@netomx said:

Mine has never stopped working, but he nevers answers... this is just weird

Abuse it! Run there something like http://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php