Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you like this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you like this?

I'm considering, would anyone like this service:

It's Database as a Service - production ready. You, for $7 per month, would get a 25 GB SSD capacity database storage, with both a dev and production instance (25x2), in USA or Europe, and high availability.

The next package up would be:

200 GB (100 GB prod, 100 GB dev - resizable up to 200 GB max) -$14 per month

Each package would double capacity up to 1 TB. BW limits would reasonably apply.

Thoughts? Would you like this?

Comments

• are you for real?

• RizRiz Member

Single threaded madness.

• @JoeMerit said:
    are you for real?

Yes, I am

• For $7/month, I'll just rent a VPS and do it myself.

Thanked by 2Aidan HuntersPad
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

It's all about the latency.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Pwner said:
    For $7/month, I'll just rent a VPS and do it myself.

Heck it could be even cheaper than $7/month, stuff like $24/year can handle it. But if I didn't want a VPS, I could just get shared hosting from $1/year and only use the MySQL database in it.

• FoulFoul Member

I'm content with my buyvm offloaded sql :-)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Its high availability so the higher price means you are getting a better service.

A $24 per year VPS is not HA. I am not sure if BuyVM MySQL is HA. But the OPs idea is HA in which the price is fair in my opinion.

Thanked by 2pbgben dwtbf
  • make 1TB = 5 euro and you will got much client

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

dwtbf said: dev and production instance

You are providing a full VM for end user? if so how are you restricting the user to DB only?

• @KuJoe said:
    It's all about the latency.

Seattle or London is the locations

• Clouvider and Incero?

Nice idea though. Nothing in low-end pricing brackets.

PGsql or just Mariadb/Mysql?

• dwtbfdwtbf Member
    edited August 2017

@vimalware said:
    Clouvider and Incero?

Nice idea though. Nothing in low-end pricing brackets.

PGsql or just Mariadb/Mysql?

Both available, along with NoSQL,
    SQL Server (M$). Not Clouvider and Incero, one of our US fallbacks are Softlayer, Singlehop

• Prices mentioned are suspiciously cheap compared to serious commercial db hosting. Would like to see server specs, loading, backup procedures, etc.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

And trust you re; backup procedures, redundancy etc? No thanks.

Also latency is terribly important for Database systems. I don't see how anyone serious enough to pay whats needed to do this right would be interested given the performance cost.

• @SplitIce said:
    And trust you re; backup procedures, redundancy etc? No thanks.

Also latency is terribly important for Database systems. I don't see how anyone serious enough to pay whats needed to do this right would be interested given the performance cost.

The benefit is, you have the option via simple API to backup your stuff, etc. any time without any limits. Integration with backblaze for offsite storage copy of databases produced every 20 minutes. You can restore with one click up to 7 days.

• Would like to know the hosting location, replication scheme, etc. This type of thing is best over a LAN.