Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free AlphaSSL Wildcard and regular SSLs

Comments

• @sibaper said:
    VirtualByte said: Mine got revoked today :( (only not working on android chrome, desktop still fine) Rip wildcard, welcome acme.

how do you know it revoked? if your domain is private, can you share screenshot,

Well, 1) it gets listed, and 2) the checker you're using [SSLLabs] will say it. In this case, your certificate shows up as "Not Revoked." Evidently enough, it'll say the opposite when it is removed/revoked.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2017

doghouch said: Well, 1) it gets listed, and 2) the checker you're using

Pretty sure he knows how to check for that, and the question was why @VirtualByte thinks their got revoked.
    "Doesn't work on Android" is not enough, or at least what is the error message.
    Maybe it's simply misconfigured (incomplete chain) and never worked on Android in the first place.

• Sslabs says it isn't revoked, so might be a weird android BSD SSL server issue.
    Weird

• VirtualByte said: Sslabs says it isn't revoked, so might be a weird android BSD SSL server issue. Weird

misconfiguration from your part.

• @HackedServer said:

Fidde said: signing up with SH with their Shield Plus service

How much would this run someone at the cheapest?
    Looks like $40/m for a Cloud VPS is the cheaptest option, how much is Shield Plus?

If you choose to have the VPS billed hourly and have it powered off, it's cheaper. I payed about $3-7/month for the VPS and then $30/month for Shield Plus.

• Fidde said: $30/month for Shield Plus.

Is Shield Plus what allows SSL certs, or does it just allow an unlimited amount?

• @HackedServer said:

Is Shield Plus what allows SSL certs, or does it just allow an unlimited amount?

As I understand, it's what makes them free. Otherwise, you probably have to pay for certs, but I'm not sure. I'd suggest chatting with them to find out :)

• @Fidde Hey, does SH SSL support multi-domain SSL or just single domain + wildcard? And does it support certs valid for more than an year? Thanks!

• FoulFoul Member

I can create ssl's with my hourly billing vm from singlehop.

• @Fidde said:
    If you choose to have the VPS billed hourly and have it powered off, it's cheaper. I payed about $3-7/month for the VPS

according the "Rate Turned Off $0.0103/hr", it seems at least $7/month if you select always turned off?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Foul said:
    I can create ssl's with my hourly billing vm from singlehop.

Without shield? For free?

• Is anybody with SH account is kind enough to issue me a free wildcart cert?? Please send me a PM or reply here. I will send you CSR.

Thanks

• @AlanDS said:
    Is anybody with SH account is kind enough to issue me a free wildcart cert?? Please send me a PM or reply here. I will send you CSR.

Thanks

Is it that bad that you need it free?

Thanked by 1OMG
  • WSSWSS Member

Can this thread be put to bed- assuming @Fidde 's blessing, of course?

• @doghouch said:

I need wildcard... Do you know any service which offers wildcards for free at the moment?

• @AlanDS said:

@doghouch said:

I need wildcard... Do you know any service which offers wildcards for free at the moment?

You still haven't answered my question. Anyway, @vmbox has them included with their servers.

• WSSWSS Member

@AlanDS Yes, send a really nice letter to Comodo on letterhead made up in Photoshop. MS Comic Sans is a great place to start for official documents.

Thanked by 1dragonballz2k
  • DumbledoreDumbledore Member
    edited August 2017

Send me the CSR (Active Members only)

Thanked by 3AlanDS Mridul Senior
  • @doghouch said:

@AlanDS said:

@doghouch said:

You still haven't answered my question. Anyway, @vmbox has them included with their servers.

Yup. I needed it for testing purpose for a client webapp. As there is a chance of domain name change, I didn't wanted to spend until it finalizes.

@stolipeach said:

Thank you so much.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @AlanDS said:

@doghouch said:

cloudflare

Thanked by 1AlanDS
  • AlanDS said: Yup. I needed it for testing purpose for a client webapp. As there is a chance of domain name change, I didn't wanted to spend until it finalizes.

I don't understand why you need a wildcard instead of LetsEncrypt for that.

• @stolipeach said:

does SH SSL support multi-domain SSL or just single domain + wildcard? And does it support certs valid for more than an year?

• @willie said:

AlanDS said: Yup. I needed it for testing purpose for a client webapp. As there is a chance of domain name change, I didn't wanted to spend until it finalizes.

I don't understand why you need a wildcard instead of LetsEncrypt for that.

If it's for testing, you could also use a self signed one...

• sanvit said: does SH SSL support multi-domain SSL or just single domain + wildcard? And does it support certs valid for more than a year?

I haven't tried SAN certificates. No, they provide 1 year validity only.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @stolipeach said:

If you do have a account with Shield Plus on it, make sure it doesn't get cause being used off SH. We don't want it to repeat right?..

• DumbledoreDumbledore Member
    edited August 2017

Edmond said: If you do have a account with Shield Plus on it, make sure it doesn't get cause being used off SH. We don't want it to repeat right?..

I only have a couple of dedicated servers with them. I'm not doing this on a large scale like Fidde, I can afford a couple of certificates.

Thanked by 1AlanDS
  • @stolipeach said:
    I only have a couple of dedicated servers with them. I'm not doing this on a large scale like Fidde, I can afford a couple of certificates.

Yes, True. A couple of certificates not going to do any harm. You will be flagged only if you issue in large quantity.

• Thanks a lot for your kind service @Fidde

• @sanvit said:
    @Fidde Hey, does SH SSL support multi-domain SSL or just single domain + wildcard? And does it support certs valid for more than an year? Thanks!

As far as I know, only single domain with wildcard. Through their panel, it's only 1 year, if you open a support ticket however, I've got a few (2/3 I think) certs with 3 year validity. You probably need a good reason and need to prove that it will be used in their IP-space, their support seems more strict about it than their panel.

@hotsnow said:

according the "Rate Turned Off $0.0103/hr", it seems at least $7/month if you select always turned off?

>

Not sure really, they billed a bit odd (Amount, Date created):

Thanked by 2hotsnow sanvit
  • @Fidde said:

@sanvit said:
    @Fidde Hey, does SH SSL support multi-domain SSL or just single domain + wildcard? And does it support certs valid for more than an year? Thanks!

As far as I know, only single domain with wildcard. Through their panel, it's only 1 year, if you open a support ticket however, I've got a few (2/3 I think) certs with 3 year validity. You probably need a good reason and need to prove that it will be used in their IP-space, their support seems more strict about it than their panel.

@hotsnow said:

>

Not sure really, they billed a bit odd (Amount, Date created):

That has to be one of the most most inconsistent things I have ever seen in my life. Why anyone would even think to do something like this is beyond my comprehension.

This discussion has been closed.