Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review Catalyst Host - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review Catalyst Host

2»

Comments

• @ryanarp said: I will admit you sure did throw us for a loop. The dead giveaway should have been that you were really good about opening new tickets. Most seem to just keep reply to presales ticket :) Anyways glad you got to experience our service and glad to keep you on board :)

I just hope I was able to try more request that need you guys to actually do work than just answer. E.g. help me migrate to a new location with all my data kept, or configure webserver for me and such =)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AuroraZ said: Yes I am picking on you Jarland but it would be cool if possible. Expensive most likely but cool none the less. I have not even looked into it. The location just popped into my head and I had to throw it at you.

Funny thing, I was thinking about how interesting that would be the other day. Seems to be nothing there :(

I notice that Oregon seems to be an area that isn't quite dead in the VPS market, but also not overrun like some of the locations we see here so often.

@jcaleb said: I just hope I was able to try more request that need you guys to actually do work than just answer. E.g. help me migrate to a new location with all my data kept, or configure webserver for me and such =)

You'd probably slap us if you saw how much work we've done for clients that falls well outside of unmanaged. Sometimes I wonder if we do too much, but then I realize that if we're attracting a fair amount of people who want a VPS but don't know how to use it, maybe we're staring directly at something that we need to resolve rather than push away. A good system for educating these clients would be ideal. Wiki, etc.

• I should have been more patient and ticketed more

edited March 2013

@jcaleb said: I should have been more patient and ticketed more

I won't lie, you caught us in a more hands off period. Probably would have directly offered to be of more assistance, just a lot of things happening and Ryan flying down to Texas. Not that I'm not happy with how it went, but certainly when time allows we try to be as helpful as we can. Kind of glad you caught us at what I'd hope is our worst, because that's kind of the baseline.

• @jarland said: You'd probably slap us if you saw how much work we've done for clients that falls well outside of unmanaged. Sometimes I wonder if we do too much, but then I realize that if we're attracting a fair amount of people who want a VPS but don't know how to use it, maybe we're staring directly at something that we need to resolve rather than push away. A good system for educating these clients would be ideal. Wiki, etc.

Shh!!! Keep all of our awesome projects on the DL until we go public!!!

Erm... I mean... Hi people!

• Public? you mean publicly listed?

• @jcaleb said: Public? you mean publicly listed?

Publicly announced?

• @HalfEatenPie said: Publicly announced?

Sorry boss, I read too much bloomberg

• @jcaleb said: Sorry boss, I read too much bloomberg

Haha its fine. We have some great projects that we're going to start working on in the next few weeks. If its up to our standards we'll let you know!

• If you need help, maybe I can lend some hands.

• apavaapava Member

@HalfEatenPie said: Haha its fine. We have some great projects that we're going to start working on in the next few weeks. If its up to our standards we'll let you know!

I like ;)

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@jcaleb said: If you need help, maybe I can lend some hands.

This seems to have got lost in LET land. We will for sure let you know if we need a hand :)

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@apava said: I like ;)

Up to our standards is key, We have one project I would love to get off the ground, but waiting for the right opportunity.