Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider 10€ dedicated offer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider 10€ dedicated offer

Comments

• maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited August 2017

not interested in loaning OneProvider 10 euros for 2 weeks only to have to request a refund because of no delivery again

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

How is this VPS a deal!?! Sounds expensive.

• lurchlurch Member
    edited August 2017

@oneilonline said:
    How is this VPS a deal!?! Sounds expensive.

So for the same spec you can do cheaper?

Thanked by 1CConner
  • The spec doubled.

• @maldovia said:
    not interested in loaning OneProvider 10 euros for 2 weeks only to have to request a refund because of no delivery again

Actually just received my server about an hour ago.

• @DrFallen said:

@maldovia said:

Actually just received my server about an hour ago.

bench?

• Received mine around the same time.

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU         540  @ 3.07GHz
    CPU Cores       : 4
    Frequency       : 3058.761 MHz
    Memory          : 3874 MB
    Swap            :  MB
    Uptime          : 12 min,

OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 4.4.0-89-generic
    Hostname        : storage

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is x.x.x.x

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        101MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          16.3MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       12.9MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       10.1MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       10.6MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       21.9MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          9.31MB/s 
    Singapore               Softlayer       5.29MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         80.4MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        36.8MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 126 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 131 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 131 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 129.333 MB/s

Thanked by 2sipe mtsbatalha
  • Mines basically the same aside from disks are running RAID 0 so I get 269 Avg.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @DrFallen said:
    Mines basically the same aside from disks are running RAID 0 so I get 269 Avg.

Good to know, I am in the process of doing this now

• What the fuck?

• @boernd said:

What the fuck?

what ?

• Debian 7.

• if that Debian 7 the case (which nearly EOL) request DRAC/IPMI access so you can install what ever you want.

• @sibaper said:
    if that Debian 7 the case (which nearly EOL) request DRAC/IPMI access so you can install what ever you want.

Yeah or simply upgrade the distro. It's weird though cos they resell online.net and they offer 8 and 9.

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@sibaper said:
    if that Debian 7 the case (which nearly EOL) request DRAC/IPMI access so you can install what ever you want.

Yeah or simply upgrade the distro. It's weird though cos they resell online.net and they offer 8 and 9.

I use CentOS 7 there, they pull Debian 8, 9 because it doesn't compatible on these plan, when you Install debian 8,9 your server will hang. I've test few time but failed, never do upgrade though. I ask support and confirm its not compatible with Debian 8 Debian 9

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited August 2017

@sibaper said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@sibaper said:

I use CentOS 7 there, they pull Debian 8, 9 because it doesn't compatible on these plan, when you Install debian 8,9 your server will hang. I've test few time but failed, never do upgrade though. I ask support and confirm its not compatible with Debian 8 Debian 9

Thanks. I'll ask a coworker who ordered one the first time they were available and see what he's running.

Edit: just do a distro upgrade and you're fine :).

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • @sibaper said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@sibaper said:

If you're talking about the i3 I've not had any issues with 8 so far.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • sold out...

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

Their support is just as awesome as ever. Since I dealt with them before, I was asked to assist with their fucked-up pointopoint/24 setup. Despite several different kernels and such, it was so broken it couldn't even arp the gateway.

Ticket opened. Within 9 hours, it had a "We'll get back to you later" response. Within 18 hours, it magically worked, so the ticket was closed BY THE CLIENT- with no update from them whatsoever beyond the "Ciao, baby!".

Since it now works, they want to install a different OS than the 6 year old images and 4 year old ISOs they have available, and no response has been made- it's been at least 8 hours.

I really hope they decide to open a payment dispute if this isn't responded to by Monday, because this isn't acceptable.

OneProvider? Yeah. No. Not even by proxy.

• Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 3.30Ghz (2 cores) / 4GB RAM/ 1x2TB HDD / 1Gbps is 10EUR/month right now....

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 3.30Ghz (2 cores) / 4GB RAM/ 1x2TB HDD / 1Gbps is 10EUR/month right now....

Stop lying cause I don't see it.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 3.30Ghz (2 cores) / 4GB RAM/ 1x2TB HDD / 1Gbps is 10EUR/month right now....

Stop lying cause I don't see it.

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

• What is the OneProvider usage policy for those virtual cores?

• WSSWSS Member

That's a "virtual dedicated" service, and although it allows you to choose ISO, they won't load custom ISOs.

They're still the shittiest of shit-shit resellers, and I mean that compared to really-wanted-to-survive-but-sucked hosts. Fuck them and let them die.

• @WSS: still bitter about that i3 from OneProvider?

• WSSWSS Member

@saibal said:
    @WSS: still bitter about that i3 from OneProvider?

Garbage in, garbage out.

• boerndboernd Member
    edited August 2017

How long do they need to approve the IPMI access request? My request is still pending after 2 days. At online.net ipmi is instant activated.

• WSSWSS Member

@boernd said:
    How long do they need to approve the IPMI access request? My request is still pending after 2 days. At online.net ipmi is instant activated.

After they get the actual hosts to provision it, they'll set it up in your system, and it may work for half an hour until it magically drops. Then you get to start over. Enjoy your week!