Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Yearly SSD OVZ VPS in USA/CA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Yearly SSD OVZ VPS in USA/CA

MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
edited May 2017 in Requests

I'm currently paying $100 per year for a VPS with these specs:
4 vCores / 8GB RAM / 80GB SSD / 8TB Transfer / 1 Gbps Port @ BHS

I repurposed this VPS to be my fast download server for multiple game servers after my original intent didn't pan out, so it is simply serving files (such as maps, texture packs, sounds, etc.) and therefore I really don't need it to be this powerful.

What I'm looking for would be something more along these lines (and at a cheaper price point):
1 vCore / 1GB RAM / >=80GB SSD / 3TB Transfer / 1 Gbps Port @ Central or Eastern USA/CA

Willing to pay yearly if that helps. OVZ is still fine. DDoS protection not necessary. Thanks!

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@AlexBarakov (in NJ/NY) @VirMach (in Buffalo) @Radi (in Buffalo/Dallas) @exception0x876 (in CA) - do any of you have a custom offer that can meet the specs above?

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

I can bump the space to 80GB on KVM SSD i7 CA plan for the same monthly price if you are interested.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Get a slice!

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

I can bump you to 80GB if you buy yearly. Total would be $84/year for the SLICE 2048.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • I'd say to keep the one you currently have as that is a really low price for the specs you got there.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@MasonR - bandwidth requirement will bring the price up by a lot. If 8 TB is not a hard requirement, I can probably offer something in NY.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I can offer this with 4 GB RAM on OpenVZ and 80 GB SSD for 50 EUR per year in Buffalo.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

MasonR said: @AlexBarakov (in NJ/NY) @VirMach (in Buffalo) @Radi (in Buffalo/Dallas) @exception0x876 (in CA) - do any of you have a custom offer that can meet the specs above?

MasonR said: What I'm looking for would be something more along these lines (and at a cheaper price point):

1 vCore / 1GB RAM / >=80GB SSD / 3TB Transfer / 1 Gbps Port @ Central or Eastern USA/CA

Take a look at our Enterprise+ package. It meets or exceeds all your requirements. Use coupon LEB30 for 30% off, bringing it down to $75.60 per year.

Otherwise, we can do something like this for you in Buffalo.

1GB RAM
    2 vCores (Fair Use)
    80GB SSD (RAID 10)
    3TB Transfer

$6.70/mo

Thanked by 1MasonR

exception0x876 said: I can bump the space to 80GB on KVM SSD i7 CA plan for the same monthly price if you are interested.

That would be the $5.99/mo plan, correct? Any annual discounts?

Francisco said: Get a slice!

Thanks! I'll check it out ;)

rivermigue said: I'd say to keep the one you currently have as that is a really low price for the specs you got there.

If I had a better use for it I would, but it's mostly idle besides the web traffic so hoping for slightly lower resources (with the same SSD space) for less.

AlexBarakov said: If 8 TB is not a hard requirement, I can probably offer something in NY.

I definitely don't need 8TB bandwidth. 2.5TB or 3TB would suffice.

Radi said: I can offer this with 4 GB RAM on OpenVZ and 80 GB SSD for 50 EUR per year in Buffalo.

Thank you! I may be in touch :)

VirMach said: Take a look at our Enterprise+ package

Interesting. I like the look of this package. Thank you!

• chihcherngchihcherng Veteran
    edited May 2017

If all the vps does is serving files, here is a possibly cheapest, but somewhat complex approach.

Get 2 OpenVZ Mini from Wishosting. For $6/year, You get unmetered bandwidth and 2 * 40GB HDD.

One vps needs to run nginx to serve files. The other runs nginx, too, and need to act as a reverse proxy for both vpses.

Get yourself a static IPv6 address from tunnelbroker.net, and assign it (with IP tunneling on OpenVZ) to the reverse proxy.

Use Cloudflare to act as a reverse proxy at IPv4 Internet, which would get content from your IPv6 address at TCP port 80.

Really complex, huh? Maybe too complex.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

MasonR said: That would be the $5.99/mo plan, correct? Any annual discounts?

That plan is not available on the annual basis, sorry.

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Seattle based, Xen. A couple options for you:

1) Pure SSD: Use promo 25LIFE-4-5 for the prices below!
    6Core - 2GB RAM - 60GB Pure SSD - 4TB - $114.75/year

Can bump you up a bit to meet your ram spec, just open a ticket. http://virpus.com/linux-vps.php

2) SSD-Cache: Not sure if this a fit, but the price might justify it. Use promo cache2016
    6Core - 2GB RAM - 100GB SSD-Cache - 4 TB - $81.60/year

http://virpus.com/ssd-cache-vps.php

Good luck!!!

Thanked by 1MasonR

Bumping this thread because I'm still looking for something to satisfy my requirements (see updated req's below):

• 1gb RAM
    • 1 vCPU
    • 60gb SSD
    • 2TB Transfer/mo
    • 1gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • OpenVZ
    • Eastern or Central USA/Canada

Ideal cost would be $30 per year. Anything over $40 is definitely not an option. Thanks!

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2017

SpeedyKVM's 1GB, 50GB SSD, 3TB BW KVM in Dallas is quite close to what you are looking for. It's $34/yr with safespace promo code. It's too much SSD space mentioned considering the budget anyway.

Thanked by 3vimalware Falzo MasonR

@bersy said:
    SpeedyKVM's 1GB, 50GB SSD, 3TB BW KVM in Dallas is quite close to what you are looking for. It's $34/yr with safespace promo code. It's too much SSD space mentioned considering the budget anyway.

Yeah I figured it was a long shot. Thanks though, I'll be checking them out! :)

• @AlexBarakov said:
    @MasonR - bandwidth requirement will bring the price up by a lot. If 8 TB is not a hard requirement, I can probably offer something in NY.

Hey Alex, I am looking for something in the NY area. Do you have some test IPS? How about a looking glass? What network do you have there?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@AuroraZ said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Hey Alex, I am looking for something in the NY area. Do you have some test IPS? How about a looking glass? What network do you have there?

I have one with AlphaVPS in NY, works great. http://lgny.alphavps.bg

Thanked by 1MasonR

@AuroraZ, I also highly recommend AlphaVPS ( @AlexBarakov ) -- I made a review a couple months ago: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114226/alphavps-review

Also, currently they're in Choopa's DC.

• Hey thank you guys. I have sent them a message and hopefully we can work something out.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

I can do the following

Free Bonus :

• 1x SnapShot Backup Services
    • 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • Free 5 Minutes Server Monitoring + Blacklist (Email and SMS alert) Read More
    • Free SMS Unpaid invoice Alert
    • 1IPV4 & IPV6
    • DNS Hosting
    • Custom ISO Available
    • IPV4 rdns Management
    Thanked by 2MasonR bersy