Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode down?

sonicsonic Veteran
edited March 2013 in General

It's not just you! http://ramnode.com looks down from here.

My vps, ramnode site, client area is down.

P/S: So fast, everything is up now :) (~20 mins downtime)

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

RamNode.com is up for me.
    So is their client area.
    And their SolusVM Login page.

Try checking from a VPN?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Yes, they posted on Twitter but for some reason they never send emails (until later): https://twitter.com/ramnode

• This page (http://ramnode.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert

edited March 2013

The website seems to have just come back online, at least for me. They said they were switching to nLayer so maybe it takes some time.

VPS still down.

Edit@one-minute-later: coming back online now, ~20 minutes downtime.

• Oh. Yeah that makes sense then.

• sonicsonic Veteran

So fast, everything is up now :)

Nevermind, looks like some areas are still unable to connect. Maybe something about the carrier switch.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

nLayer config was missing something, so the failover never happened correctly. Normally it would not have gone like that at all. We're still investigating.

Also, I think 13 minutes was the most I see on any of our 1-min interval monitoring. Most were 4-5 minutes. Not good either way, but that needed to be clarified.

• Check your upstream holddown timers in bgp, mine is 3 minutes before it will let go and then traffic starts coming in the other way.

• At the new E5 node there are some I/O issues. Is related to the array rebuild?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

This might be a helpful page for op in the future: http://status.ramnode.com/

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

It's reassuring that Nick_A is a trustworth, well-regarded host so we know it's not a deadpool. Thanks for keeping everyone, even not customers like me, so well updated! @Nick_A it's communication during crisis, not presence or lack of presence of crisis, that really determines how good a host is.

@shovenose said: Everything is down :(

Nothing is down as of my previous posts. That status page is every 5 minutes because of Pingdom false positives.

@yomero said: At the new E5 node there are some I/O issues. Is related to the array rebuild?

Yes. I was working on it when all this network stuff happened.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A Ninja'd

Some ISPs are having trouble getting in over nLayer. Working on it.

• Good luck @Nick_A.

Seems to have cleared up now. Please open a ticket if not.

An announcement regarding the network drop has been posted in the Client Area. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I was wondering why munin texted me about 5% disk usage in Lenoir :P

• NeoNeo Banned

I got an outage but only for 12 Minutes but 60Days uptime so i dont care ;D

edited March 2013

@Nick_A said: Also, I think 13 minutes was the most I see on any of our 1-min interval monitoring. Most were 4-5 minutes. Not good either way, but that needed to be clarified.

It was fluctuating on and off for five minutes (first issues at 12:46 am EDT) before it went offline for thirteen minutes (at 12:51 am EDT). So the total downtime then is something like eighteen minutes. Thirteen minutes may be the longest interval that it was down, but really it was having issues for eighteen minutes (~20), which I said downtime because it's useless for me if, for example, it goes down for twenty seconds even if only every hour.

• Hi Nick,

Is ATLCVZE5-1 still down? I can't seem to power up my VPS. Hope another disk didn't crash while the raid array was still rebuilding.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2013

@wshyang said: Is ATLCVZE5-1 still down?

I don't know, but for me, my VPS got moved to an E3 node. The server didn't "autobooted" (LOL) and I did it manually =/
    Working fine. Just the node seems a little bit crowded, but maybe this will be in the meanwhile until Nick recovers the E5 node.

• CoreyCorey Member

@wshyang said: Hi Nick,

Is ATLCVZE5-1 still down? I can't seem to power up my VPS. Hope another disk didn't crash while the raid array was still rebuilding.

Those types of things always seem to happen at the worst time :(

• Noticed this too, seems to have stabilised however. Started about 12 hours ago.

Yeah ATLCVZE5-1 died overnight. I am manually restoring every VPS that was backed up yesterday (almost all of them) to other nodes right now.

• @Nick_A a bit off topic but do you know of any issues with ping lately. I've got a monitoring agent on my VPS and it times out all the time. This is a VPS in Las Vegas but I'ave had issues with Dallas and NY lately too. (5min ints so blank spots are where nothing was gather due to not being able to reach)

http://share.talkingtontech.com/2013-03-20_1603.png

If you'll please open a support ticket, I can assist you. I can't do much from here.

• @Nick_A yep, figured as much just wanted to see if any known issues as its pretty frequent lately. ticket created.