Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Replacement for BudgetNode/PioHost - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Replacement for BudgetNode/PioHost

2»

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@ehab said:

@Clouvider said:

hi, any pictures of your datacenter, offices and maybe secretaries :P

That's all the pussy you'll be getting ;)

Thanked by 2Clouvider ehab
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

It's @adamBB's beauty :)

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

Do you take pictures for customers servers too? :p
    We want ours, labelled with our company name!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

ehab said: hi, any pictures of your datacenter, offices and maybe secretaries :P

Everything we're prepared to share is on our Instagram :)

https://www.instagram.com/clouvider/

Why are your QFX's in VC mode? Surely they would be put in Junos fusion if you have MX's. The hardware and software layers in those QFX's is quite interesting, given it's just a beefy switch.

edited July 2017

@Infinity said:

@Clouvider said:

ehab said: hi, any pictures of your datacenter, offices and maybe secretaries :P

Why are your QFX's in VC mode? Surely they would be put in Junos fusion if you have MX's. The hardware and software layers in those QFX's is quite interesting, given it's just a beefy switch.

'Surely' there is no single correct setup.

There is a reason behind it - we want logical And physical separation so that the location can whitstand even if there are issues with the core router. We can run each location from another location

Clearly we do something right if we're known for the quality here ;-).

• rocketrocket Member

@Clouvider said:

@Infinity said:

@Clouvider said:

There is a reason behind it - we want logical And physical separation so that the location can whitstand even if there are issues with the core router. We can run each location from another location

Just saw those welcome pack things on your Instagram, do all customers get one or is it just for specific services? They look awesome.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@Infinity said:

@Clouvider said:

There is a reason behind it - we want logical And physical separation so that the location can whitstand even if there are issues with the core router.

Was just curious of the reasoning, I know there are many reasons to do it many different ways.

I did a cool virtual chassis fabric deployment in Virtus a couple of months ago with 4 spine QFX5100's and 16 leaf nodes, they're quite punchy even if they're a pain to rack. Although worryingly one of the leaf nodes already failed last week. Next time you're in Virtus if you see a big new cage in data hall 1 you know what's in it now. :-)

Also curious because today I hopefully I'll have time to unbox some QFX1500's for my own deployment, and get some Junos fusion going. It made a lot more sense considering QFX1500's turn out to be a lot more economical than buying another MPC and MIC.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@MikePT said:

@Clouvider said:

Do you take pictures for customers servers too? :p
    We want ours, labelled with our company name!

@Clouvider :P

@Infinity welcome in the neighbourhood:-).

It is cheaper surprisingly I agree, it wouldn't save us much in our case as we needed guaranteed throughout for the core links and that's ultimately MICs and MPCs anyway.

@MikePT we can take a picture of the server, not a problem :-). It's against our policy to label them with anything other than generic numbers, so you cannot guess the device's function without heaving access to our systems. That's for security reasons.

• Clouvider said: without **heaving **access

???

@Clouvider said:
    @Infinity welcome in the neighbourhood:-).

It is cheaper surprisingly I agree, it wouldn't save us much in our case as we needed guaranteed throughout for the core links and that's ultimately MICs and MPCs anyway.

@MikePT we can take a picture of the server, not a problem :-). It's against our policy to label them with anything other than generic numbers, so you cannot guess the device's function without heaving access to our systems. That's for security reasons.

That makes sense.
    Anxiouuuuuuuuuus!
    <3

• @inthecloudblog said:

Clouvider said: without **heaving **access

???

perhaps he meant "having" !

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I guess, I go buy a slice.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Neoon said: I guess, I go buy a slice.