Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UpCloud.com free 25$ credits
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UpCloud.com free 25$ credits

link to the credits -> https://www.upcloud.com/matrix/

thread on centminmod about upcloud's performance https://community.centminmod.com/threads/upcloud-feedback.9450/

Thanked by 1ehab

Comments

• trvztrvz Member

No Debian 9 image, 2/10.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2017

Now that there's Linode for $5, what are they hoping to achieve being 2x more expensive? Or maybe they just forgot to maintain the service and keep plans competitive, same as forgot to add the Debian 9 image.

With $10/mo you only get 2.5 months, that's not worth it bothering to sign up and enter your data.

• trvztrvz Member

rm_ said: Linode

Still no SSH key support and also kernel fuckery, 1/10.

Thanked by 2kkoneko vimalware
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2017

trvz said: kernel fuckery

Dunno what you mean, IIRC on Linode you can easily run your own kernel (unlike old DO or current Scaleway), now that it's KVM I believe there's not even the need to bother with pyGrub anymore.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • They are the world's fastest cloud you know. Their price is expensive. So that must be true.

@NodeKid said:

Your account has now been created and your 72 hours of free trial has begun. You are now ready to deploy on the world's fastest cloud! To start deploying your cloud servers, please log in at https://my.upcloud.com

Please note that your account is currently in trial mode, but all restrictions can easily be lifted by making a one-time transfer of $10 or more by visiting My Account -> Billing in your control panel. We will also give you an additional $10 on your first deposit!

The trial mode restrictions are as following:

• Cloud servers can only be accessed using SSH, RDP, HTTP or HTTPS protocols
    • Cloud servers are not allowed to send outgoing e-mails or to create outbound SSH/RDP connections
    • The internet connection is restricted to 100 Mbps (compared to 500 Mbps for non-trial accounts)
    • After your 72 hours free trial, your services will be deleted unless you make a one-time deposit of $10

What a load of bollocks

• Are there any reviews about Upcloud.com?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@manlivo said:
    Are there any reviews about Upcloud.com?

Who cares if there are script kiddies behind it. Get that money.

Thanked by 1manlivo
  • @NodeKid said:

Your account ...

What a load of bollocks

Mail1: "Hello Butters,

Thank you for contacting UpCloud.

I had been monitoring the sign ups and all new sign ups via that link has been given the $25 in credits.

Are you having issues personally? I’m thinking perhaps the users did not sign up via the link which placed them in our usual trial mode.
    Kind regards,
    Kelvin Tan"

Mail 2: "I did additional tests to confirm, credits are still automatically credited upon sign up via the link."

@manlivo said:
    Are there any reviews about Upcloud.com?

take a look at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/upcloud-feedback.9450/ :)

Thanked by 1manlivo
  • Thank! That's what I need.

• What's up cloud

• WSSWSS Member

@serverian said:
    What's up cloud

not so much idiots just sending me proprietary, private information as usual- you?

Thanked by 1default
  • ehabehab Member
    edited July 2017

i was also impressed by the bench and fast support. to my info this is the only hourly provider that has Helsinki as a location.

Thanked by 1Butters
  • They have also the best SLA compensation for the price you pay

• @Butters said:
    They have also the best SLA compensation for the price you pay

From 5 minutes means that they have an SL of 100-5/(302460)*100%=99.988. Yet they claim 100%.

Furthermore, looking at the rackspace SLA, it seems that if your vps is down for 20h, you get 100% of your monthly fee back. At upcloud that would be 1000 hours worth of payments (50*20h), aka 140% of what you paid for. Not all that big of a difference imo.

Their SLA is good, yes, but not the be-all end-all. Digitalocean start paying out earlier (99.99% means 260 seconds downtime, slightly shorter than upcloud's 5 minutes), and elastichosts has 100x multiplier compared to upcloud's 50x.

• ButtersButters Member
    edited July 2017

@teamacc said:

From 5 minutes means that they have an SL of 100-5/(302460)*100%=99.988. Yet they claim 100%.

Furthermore, looking at the rackspace SLA, it seems that if your vps is down for 20h, you get 100% of your monthly fee back. At upcloud that would be 1000 hours worth of payments (50*20h), aka 140% of what you paid for. Not all that big of a difference imo.

Their SLA is good, yes, but not the be-all end-all. Digitalocean start paying out earlier (99.99% means 260 seconds downtime, slightly shorter than upcloud's 5 minutes), and elastichosts has 100x multiplier compared to upcloud's 50x.

but i can't find a 1CPU CORE, 1GB, 30GB SSD, 2TB TRANSFER instance at rackspace or elastichosts for 10 $ ;)