Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Somagu] Free 512 MB KVM VPS (NAT based) in South Korea.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Somagu] Free 512 MB KVM VPS (NAT based) in South Korea.

Hello. As a junior developer recently I'd created NAT based KVM VPS service with my knowledge using libvirt and would like to know more what I missed if I operates it in the production level. So meanwhile it's in Beta period, creating a VPS is free to use.

vCPU: 1 core

Memory: 512 MB

Disk: 20 GB

Traffic: 400 GB

Network: IP 59.22.167.217 - Korean Telecom line with 1 GBits uplink.

Homepage:

https://www.somagu.com/

Please feel free to test and let me know or leave a topic at https://www.somagu.com/forums/9 link if there's an issue or your feedbacks. :-) Thank you.

Comments

• ewrekewrek Member

Forum looks nice but is not English :(

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Great offer! Korea is an interesting location. Just signed up for a VPS.

• When Beta period ends, we could send invoices for your VPS to use for next month. However the pricing plan would be announced at least before 1 month.

What if I will not pay after beta period? Service will be suspended, or something else will happen?

• @theqkash said:
    What if I will not pay after beta period? Service will be suspended, or something else will happen?

It doesn't ask for any card details or any personal details such as address ect on signup, so the worst that they can do would be terminate the service.

• hzrhzr Member

inb4 china abuse

• @ewrek said:
    Forum looks nice but is not English :(

:-) Just please leave your comment in English. I can answer it for you though I need to improve UI little bit more.

• @theqkash said:

When Beta period ends, we could send invoices for your VPS to use for next month. However the pricing plan would be announced at least before 1 month.

As mentioned by @matthewkilpatrick yes your VPS could be suspended. However before end of beta period, you'll get regularly a notification email.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hzr said:
    inb4 china abuse

I really hope that your offer doesn't attract abusers. But I'm quite sure it does. That's why we can't have nice things...

Did you create the control panel on your own?

• @brueggus said:

@hzr said:
    inb4 china abuse

I really hope that your offer doesn't attract abusers. But I'm quite sure it does. That's why we can't have nice things...

Did you create the control panel on your own?

There's a abuse daemon running I'd implemented based on NFQUEUE to monitor SYN flood and sending massive emails though I don't think it's enough. :-) However I hope to see it and curious what happens because that'd be a part of what I missed to implement.

• LeonnLeonn Member
    edited July 2017

you really need make some limitation for the registrations so that not so many abusers come in.

• Why don't make a credit card verification?To prevent the abusers

• Out of stock due to too many VPS request. :-) I never expected these and all Host nodes are enough over-loaded.

• @Leonn said:
    you really need make some limitation for the registrations so that not so many abusers come in.

Door is already closed due to too many VPSes created. :-(

• @lihanlin said:
    Why don't make a credit card verification?To prevent the abusers

Thank you for your feedback. :-) Definitely I'll add this feature.

• What do you expect ? Free VPS mean free SPAM Machine. Let's hope your server doesn't blow up, or your IP get blacklisted.

Thanked by 1ScienceOnline
  • @yokowasis said:
    What do you expect ? Free VPS mean free SPAM Machine. Let's hope your server doesn't blow up, or your IP get blacklisted.

I hope it would not be easy to send SPAM at Somagu because it should be silently dropped by abuse daemon I'd implemented. And I'd like to see whether my daemon works correctly too. Thank you for your feedback.

• Hope to get a

• edfoxedfox Member

:-( No more VPS creation allowed due to too many requests. Please wait for some days until new Host servers would be on the stock.

Literally crying right now

• dk2579dk2579 Member
    edited July 2017

I was lucky and got one. Looks good so far. Korea definitely needs new innovative providers.

IPv6 would be nice, especially because it is a NAT VPS. But I also know that it is probably still impossible to get IPv6 connectivity from KT... I was able to setup an IPv6 tunnel to vsix.kr (~10ms RTT).

• Ahhh late for hours...

Great work and hope we can help you more!

• EdmondEdmond Member

Ugh... couldn't sign up in time before it was all gone.. D:

• mintmint Member

you own a VPN company, right?

Korea should be more competitive with new providers that are prepared to provide things that are actually fit for more customers, not LowEndBox-HighEndPrice or money absorbing Clouds... but no one wants to fight against Telecom companies! ._.

It's just too sad that Net Neutrality is having hard time here (actually it's pretty accurate to say NN never existed in this peninsula), they (Telecom companies) are squeezing business customers to make money for cheap residental internet. most of Korean people who are enjoying benefits of cheap internet don't even aware of that Internet HAS to be neutral, and some of them with NN knowledge even argue that zero-rating is a 'good thing' for NN, That discourages lowend market to be around. Oh Well...

Good luck with your new business, you could be the saviour of this market. may the Moon bless you.

• unfortunatelyunfortunately Member
    edited July 2017

Im late, the party has ended. :(
    gonna wait for the new stocks(if theres any).

• All gone! No real surprise there. Damn greedy LET'ers

• EdmondEdmond Member

Yep, wonder if there's going to be new stock later. Please have some soon. :D

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited July 2017

It's my first server ever located in Korea, that's really cool, thanks. I'm Going to deploy an Asterisk server there and being able to manually choose ports is great (as Asterisk only uses even ports from a given range for RTP protocol).

How long beta is expected to last?
    Any chance we can keep it forever? I often develop strong emotional bond with my servers haha

• no north korea?

• LeonnLeonn Member

@overclock said:
    no north korea?

where is north korea?

• I'm late.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@mint said:
    you own a VPN company, right?

Korea should be more competitive with new providers that are prepared to provide things that are actually fit for more customers, not LowEndBox-HighEndPrice or money absorbing Clouds... but no one wants to fight against Telecom companies! ._.

It's just too sad that Net Neutrality is having hard time here (actually it's pretty accurate to say NN never existed in this peninsula), they (Telecom companies) are squeezing business customers to make money for cheap residental internet. most of Korean people who are enjoying benefits of cheap internet don't even aware of that Internet HAS to be neutral, and some of them with NN knowledge even argue that zero-rating is a 'good thing' for NN, That discourages lowend market to be around. Oh Well...

Good luck with your new business, you could be the saviour of this market. may the Moon bless you.

Actually, Korean VPS price range is around the same as major providers like Linode, Vultr, etc (at least for residents/except for the bandwidth cost) if you go for hosting companies, not ISPs or NAVER. Major Koran hoting companies providers give you 512-1024MB of RAM, single core CPU (or on some cases whole CPU shared with other users), and 30G of SSD space for around 5000KRW(~$4.6)/mo. And iWinV(child brand of CloudV which has been in the hosting industry for more than 10 years) provides ghat for around 2000KRW(~$1.7)/mo so I wouldn't say LowEndBox-HighEndBox.