Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPU mining - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPU mining

2»

Comments

• Potatocoin with 50% premine?

• vishalpatelzvishalpatelz Member
    edited July 2017

@Magiklair said:

@vishalpatelz said:
    Do you mind in telling which currency is good for cpu mining.

I'm sorry, not going to say the coin I'm mining. That brings more competition.. Hopefully you understand

It doesn't make any difference but nvm anyway

• The issue with giving the coin name out. First is not well known. Second, people can rent a bunch of CPUs and get a large amount of shares. I'm doing this on a lower budget and no it's not potato coin.

• lurchlurch Member

@Magiklair said:
    The issue with giving the coin name out. First is not well known. Second, people can rent a bunch of CPUs and get a large amount of shares. I'm doing this on a lower budget and no it's not potato coin.

Well good luck with you secret mining with the offers the community has given you.

Thanked by 1squibs
  • williewillie Member

The most cost effective approach probably involves multiple i5 or i7 cpus rather than a high core count monster.

• williewillie Member

jiggawattz said:

If it's a dedicated server - why would any provider prohibit you from max'ing out a resource that is entirely dedicated to you?

I suspect that with some of the cheap dedi plans out there, maxing the cpu 24/7 probably loses the provider money because of electricity costs. Most people don't do it anyway, so it's fine if some people do, like using your whole disk allocation in an openvz plan. But if it becomes widespread then it becomes an adverse selection problem and prices will probably go up.

I personally run high-cpu jobs whenever I have a use for them, sometimes for weeks at a time, but there's quite a lot of idling between those jobs. So I bet my average workload is well under 25%. Hmm, I should start using them more...

• @lurch said:

@Magiklair said:
    The issue with giving the coin name out. First is not well known. Second, people can rent a bunch of CPUs and get a large amount of shares. I'm doing this on a lower budget and no it's not potato coin.

Well good luck with you secret mining with the offers the community has given you.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. But my primary work is in identifying coins whether they be new, ICO or other. I spend countless hours, you could say it's my day job.

I very much appreciate the community sharing offers with me. I will be using some of the providers that have reached out to me.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited July 2017

@Magiklair said:

@vishalpatelz said:
    Do you mind in telling which currency is good for cpu mining.

I'm sorry, not going to say the coin I'm mining. That brings more competition.. Hopefully you understand

Time to dig for every cpu mineable coin that's out there and figure out which one you would be mining!

You mining the coins hoping it'll increase long term or something?

Thanked by 1default
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Is there anything that can be mined with cpus and be profitable? I was under the impression everything was gpu or asic based now?

• WSSWSS Member

@jbiloh said:
    Is there anything that can be mined with cpus and be profitable? I was under the impression everything was gpu or asic based now?

Credit Card Phishing maybe?

• jbiloh said: Is there anything that can be mined with cpus and be profitable? I was under the impression everything was gpu or asic based now?

for the moment monero and bcn is profitable with cpu. I have some older g6 servers and some g8 and i am verry content for the moment.

• @cociu said:

jbiloh said: Is there anything that can be mined with cpus and be profitable? I was under the impression everything was gpu or asic based now?

for the moment monero and bcn is profitable with cpu. I have some older g6 servers and some g8 and i am verry content for the moment.

How many bitcoins can you mine per month? I have seen a video in youtube that for one week 24/7 he mined $7.

• I don't need to CPU mine. I have a Sempron sitting next to the 8-track in case it ever becomes useful again!

• zevuszevus Member
    edited December 2017

@cociu said:

jbiloh said: Is there anything that can be mined with cpus and be profitable? I was under the impression everything was gpu or asic based now?

I think Electroneum is still pretty close to Monero, ... but probably is less now -- bytecoin is def more. I know for a while there it was good times ... was spending $40 an hr on AWS and making over $200 an hr in return (I have increased instance limits). That was when electroneum had the ~5000000000 difficulty vs the ~12500000000 it's at now, also price was ~$0.125 USD each instead of $0.085..... and finally, the AWS instances were a lot cheaper a couple weeks ago.

You can still squeeze out a profit on AWS, but not worth the time investment.

I guess Sumocoin was really good for a while too. (ed: or it's probably good again, since it seems like some sumopump is in progress)

'cryptonight' is the main algorithm to look for for cpus

ed2: and i don't care about keeping things 'secret'. it is not like this info will not be out there anyway. these 'curious casual' ppl , aren't the ones that are moving around like 50 MH/s of CPU power from university network or whatever

• WHT said: I have seen a video in youtube that for one week 24/7 he mined $7

BTC is not profitable but alcoins yes.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • RamiRami Member
    edited December 2017

@cociu Mining ETN - Electroneum is more profitable than monero and bcn
    I'm mining ETN on my mining rigs (GPU) at the moment and on one of its CPUs

Thanked by 1cociu
  • You ask for help in a public forum, but you do not share your experience, it sounds like something sarcastic does not seem like @Magiklair.

• #MININGTHROBBINGVEINYDICKS

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited December 2017

The 'intensecoin' is more profitable at this specific second, you have to use 'stocks.exchange' to trade it (maybe there is more exchanges that have it, but not that I'm aware of).... or, wait, actually:

sumokoin is more profitable than electroneum, bytecoins, and intensecoin right now, because this pump is still ongoing, I guess. it is sumokoin->intensecoin->bytecoin->electroneum right now.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • IamIam Member
    edited December 2017

Currently I am mining VRM (can not be mined using GPUs and ASICs). I think this is the most profitable coin to mine using CPU atleast for now.

I use 10 kimsufi flash sale and each server can generate 1500 h/m (i5-2400) or around 15000 h/m in total (0.25 kh/s). With this total hash power I can got around 1.5 coin per day (not solo mining but using pool).

Let calculate it (current coin price is around 6 USD, see https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/veriumreserve/usd):

1.5 x 30 = 45 coin.

45 x 6 USD = 270 USD

10 x 13 euro = 130 euro or around 160 usd (kimsufi renewal for 10 servers)

270 - 160 = 110 usd profit.

But I did not sell the coins, two weeks ago the price was 3.8 usd and now it's up to the 6 USD range.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@zevus said:
    The 'intensecoin' is more profitable at this specific second, you have to use 'stocks.exchange' to trade it (maybe there is more exchanges that have it, but not that I'm aware of).... or, wait, actually:

sumokoin is more profitable than electroneum, bytecoins, and intensecoin right now, because this pump is still ongoing, I guess. it is sumokoin->intensecoin->bytecoin->electroneum right now.

There seems to be a handful of Cryptonite coins that are all spiking around the same time.

Verge was going a bit ago, now Intense & sumokoin. Bytecoin i'm still trying to figure out if it has any legs left.

Francisco

• I notice all the cheap Hetzner auction servers were snapped up overnight a few days ago. Thanks, miners :(.

• Autism, you went full retard.

@WSS said:

#MININGTHROBBINGVEINYDICKS

• @Hxxx said:
    Autism, you went full retard.

Why don't you go mine the peanuts out of my shit?

• @WSS What is the electricity price estimate for mining peanuts? Does it require air conditioning too? How volatile is the source, so we can we speculate for long periods of time?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Why should be CPU mining on dedicated servers forbidden?

hahaha.