Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap/Free nameserver service? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap/Free nameserver service?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@hzr said:
    yiff yiff

Goddammit don't do that shit here.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • Furry invasion!!!!

• WSSWSS Member

@thagoat said:
    Furry invasion!!!!

welp i know i'm never getting laid

Thanked by 2thagoat AuroraZ
  • @WSS said:
    welp i know i'm never getting laid

Yikes. Maybe this will help.

• WSSWSS Member

Yeah. No.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

NameCheap also has free name servers. https://namecheap.com/domains/freedns.aspx

• I have a lot of fucking domain, with ton of subdomain. Using cloud flare makes it very easy to manage them.

• hzrhzr Member

yokowasis said: I have a lot of fucking domain, with ton of subdomain. Using cloud flare makes it very easy to manage them.

Please don't use bad word, there are kids here

• WSSWSS Member

yiff yiff yarf spooge!

• eloftyelofty Member

zonomi.com $5 per year per 5 domains

• I use 1984.is for some domains.

• edfoxedfox Member

@WSS said:
    yiff yiff yarf spooge!

Don't do that shit here.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • hzrhzr Member

WSS said: welp i know i'm never getting laid

i can tell you for 100% certain that being a furry and getting laid is the easiest possible thing on earth

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

doghouch said: What's wrong with a CloudFlare DNS? I've had 100% uptime on their nameservers since I started with them.

how difficult to maintain 100% uptime, unless you completely useless at managing server? I havents seen any DNS services less than 100%

• edfoxedfox Member

@hzr said:
    i can tell you for 100% certain that being a furry and getting laid is the easiest possible thing on earth

*getting laid with ugly people with shit personality and mental illness that could possibly carry STDs due to their fucked up fetishes

• hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2017

edfox said: *getting laid with ugly people with shit personality and mental illness that could possibly carry STDs due to their fucked up fetishes

hence why i'm on prep. and I am clinically diagnosed autistic.

PS: I'd recommend dnsmadeeasy if you can do $29/yr

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited July 2017

1984's FreeDNS doesn't support SPF domains.

CloudDNS doesn't let you change the TTL

dns.he.net doesn't let me add my domain for abuse stuff

GeoScaling looks flimsy as fuck

Cloud.net doesn't let me add domain ("I'm sorry, there's an error on our part!")

I can't even remember what was wrong about NameCheap

Welp, gonna try dnsmanager.io now

EDIT: dnsmanager doesn't support SPF

(I miss Rage4 ;_;)

Thanked by 1gbshouse
  • sinsin Member
    edited July 2017

edfox said: Is it possible to use CloudFlare without having any traffic (except DNS) routed through their network? (aka, acting only as a DNS)

Yes, just click on the cloud so it turns gray which will turn off all the cloudflare stuff and only use their DNS. I have over a hundred domains using Cloudflare's free DNS and it's the best free dns service I have ever used (not to mention the fastest).

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

Try our DNS hostio dnsmanager.io

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

@hzr said:

yokowasis said: I have a lot of fucking domain, with ton of subdomain. Using cloud flare makes it very easy to manage them.

Please don't use bad word, there are kids here

Taken from forum rules

@jarland said:

LET is R-Rated

We've already used the word "dick" and made a fork joke (nyuck, nyuck) so obviously this isn't Nickelodeon. However, we're not X-rated so please no full frontal tentacle hentai animated gifs, etc.

And I vote for Cloudflare. Just use it. It's free, it's fast. Comes with great free feature.

• Can confirm. Go with cloudflare, just remember to disable that orange cloud icon when creating a record. This way your data will never hit cf.

• edfoxedfox Member

@joeri said:

I'm currently using that one and it looks nice. Sadly the three domain servers are all in NL/DE but it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Now to find some secondary/slave DNS for redundancy!

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@WSS said:
    I just use NSD. I have it spread across a couple providers.

Same here. Is cheap, fast, and reliable and works great.

• sampppasampppa Member
    edited July 2017

Free:
    dns.he.net, CloudFlare

Cheap:
    Route 53

@edfox said:

@joeri said:

I'm currently using that one and it looks nice. Sadly the three domain servers are all in NL/DE but it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Now to find some secondary/slave DNS for redundancy!

We are working to have more nameservers in more country's

Thanked by 1ScienceOnline
  • WSSWSS Member

I used to use he.net/afraid.org/zoneedit back in the day, but running your own secondary DNS is the easiest thing in the world. Just copy over your config, s/master/slave, tell it the master NS, setup ACLs and shared encryption keys, and you're done.

• leytonleyton Member

I'd go for CloudFlare as well, but UKFast offer SafeDNS for free that might fit your needs:

https://www.ukfast.co.uk/myukfast-signup.html

• edfoxedfox Member

@joeri said:

Yay! What are your Tos tho? I signed up but I couldn't find any, and I'm not sure about the quantity of queries I can use and similar.

Also DNSSEC would be nice :)

@edfox said:

@joeri said:

Yay! What are your Tos tho? I signed up but I couldn't find any, and I'm not sure about the quantity of queries I can use and similar.

Also DNSSEC would be nice :)

tos and DNSSEC are on our to-do list within 2 weeks we come with a news update email