Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Singapore VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Singapore VPS

I am looking for singapore VPS with 512MB of RAM. Need to use it for VPN. Budget $15 / year.

Thanks.

Comments

• https://i-83.net/

NAT IPv4 though.

• @kkoneko said:
    https://i-83.net/

NAT IPv4 though.

I don't really mind Nat IPV4. But i83/quadhost has nothing but negative reviews. I believe their company is ready to be taken over by government because it has violate some thing. No idea.

• FaiziFaizi Member

@yokowasis said:
    I am looking for singapore VPS with 512MB of RAM. Need to use it for VPN. Budget $15 / year.

Thanks.

Just got one yesterday from dedicenter for USD11.49/year.

Using coupon from @gongyi website -> https://www.zhujiceping.com/24122.html (affiliate link).

So far so good, except no swap and can't run shadowsocks. Openvpn should be ok.

• Yeah. I noticed that deal. But the fact that the domain just registered this year makes me rethink about it.

• FaiziFaizi Member

Didn't notice about the domain since @racksx have been here for quite some time, without any drama.

You don't have many option for that budget. If you want stable provider, you can choose Hostus or Iniz. Or you can go with gigsgigscloud in HK for USD2/month.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

I would go for dedicenter rather than hostus(too expensive) or gigscloud (ignoring complaint on public forum).

I will probably go for dedicenter if there is no more interesting offer. I pesonally using google cloud computing free credit for vpn. But for some reason, the vpn itself stop working after a few days, despite I do nothing at all. It just magically stop working. I am forced to restore from snapshot to make it working again.

• Your best bet is hostus 256M special for vpn. Avoid quadhost for now. I have a Singapore one, network isn't all that great.

• @vimalware said:
    Your best bet is hostus 256M special for vpn. Avoid quadhost for now. I have a Singapore one, network isn't all that great.

More like safe bet. I have used them before and it's great. Too bad the price is just too much for a VPN.

• LeonnLeonn Member

Maybe it's a choice: SGP OVZ 512MB €15/y(affiliate link)

https://app.treudler.net/aff.php?aff=92&pid=116

More Choice is here:https://app.treudler.net/cart.php?gid=34

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@Leonn said:
    Maybe it's a choice: SGP OVZ 512MB €15/y(affiliate link)

https://app.treudler.net/aff.php?aff=92&pid=116

More Choice is here:https://app.treudler.net/cart.php?gid=34

They don't publicly offer that €15/y anymore, it's direct link.
    And network is intermittent right now, I don't know if it's software issue like they said before or OVH network in SG. @racksx how about your OVH node in SG?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I believe I read somewhere that dedicenter network in SG node is fine.

I can't find any reviews about treudler tough. Never heard of them either. Although they are in this business longer than dedicenter.

• yokowasis said: I can't find any reviews about treudler tough. Never heard of them either. Although they are in this business longer than dedicenter.

They started their Singapore services only recently, they're basically an OVH reseller.

• I wonder why dedicenter doesn't provide 1gb of RAM. They provide both 512mb and 2 GB but not 1gb.

• yokowasis said: I wonder why dedicenter doesn't provide 1gb of RAM. They provide both 512mb and 2 GB but not 1gb.

ask them?

Thanked by 1ashkulz
  • marlmarl Member

kinda OT, but is dedicenter okay or reputable? that sgp 512mb is cheap..

• @yokowasis said:
    I wonder why dedicenter doesn't provide 1gb of RAM. They provide both 512mb and 2 GB but not 1gb.
    @sibaper said:

yokowasis said: I wonder why dedicenter doesn't provide 1gb of RAM. They provide both 512mb and 2 GB but not 1gb.

ask them?

For some reason @racksx doesn't respond much to tag

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@yokowasis said:

@yokowasis said:
    I wonder why dedicenter doesn't provide 1gb of RAM. They provide both 512mb and 2 GB but not 1gb.
    @sibaper said:

yokowasis said: I wonder why dedicenter doesn't provide 1gb of RAM. They provide both 512mb and 2 GB but not 1gb.

ask them?

Yeah make me wonder how he responds to tickets.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2017

@NanoG6 said:

@yokowasis said:

@yokowasis said:
    @sibaper said:

ask them?

This isn't the client support area of any host.. How they will respond here has no correlation on how they manage their own site and services.

• @stefeman said:

@NanoG6 said:

@yokowasis said:

@yokowasis said:
    @sibaper said:

ask them?

This isn't the client support area of any host.. How they will respond here has no correlation on how they manage their own site and services.

It is called pre sale question. He should respond to it. It is not like we ask any support here or something.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • you can buy from iran russie and nl in offshore server

https://www.clientvps.com/service/offshore-dedicated-servers

edited July 2017

@clientvps said:
    you can buy from iran russie and nl in offshore server

Why would I want IRAN / RUSSIAN / or NL ?

And moreover, I want to find $15 / Year, not $150 / month. Are you their sales or something ?

• hzrhzr Member

no clientvps.com is just shitty garbage spam trash

• @clientvps said:
    you can buy from iran russie and nl in offshore server

Beware

• I think mod / admin should ban him. He post nothing but spam. If there is no more offer, I will go for @racksx. Will post benchmark.

• racksxracksx Member

Thanks, we are around less on the forum due to some network issues and hardware issues we had with one of node's in LA, If I cannot answer here I will answer to the ticket.

edited July 2017

Here is the benchmark of @racksx :

CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz Number of cores: 1 CPU frequency: 4200.008 MHz Total amount of RAM: 512 MB Total amount of swap: MB System uptime: 19:56, I/O speed: 492 MB/s Bzip 25MB: 2.26s Download 100MB file: 7.48MB/s Hosted by LINK Telecom (New York, NY) [15340.08 km]: 330.135 ms Testing download speed...... Download: 34.04 Mbit/s Testing upload speed.....Upload: 4.95 Mbit/s Hosted by PT. Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Surabaya) [1368.99 km]: 112.837 ms Testing download speed...........Download: 153.28 Mbit/s Testing upload speed.............Upload: 39.71 Mbit/s

The benchmark looks good. But I won't suggest it for VPN. for some reason it's terrible when I am using it for VPN. It took a few seconds for dns to resolve. Which is very annoying. Never experience this with any other provider, I have tried USA, EU, Singapore Provider they can resolve the dns almost instantly.

• layfonlayfon Member

@yokowasis said:
    It took a few seconds for dns to resolve. Which is very annoying. Never experience this with any other provider, I have tried USA, EU, Singapore Provider they can resolve the dns almost instantly.

Did you do dig test on that VPS? Do you install the same VPN(except IP ofc) on every other VPS?

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

yokowasis said: The benchmark looks good. But I won't suggest it for VPN. for some reason it's terrible when I am using it for VPN. It took a few seconds for dns to resolve. Which is very annoying. Never experience this with any other provider, I have tried USA, EU, Singapore Provider they can resolve the dns almost instantly.

This also happened with Treudler SG. I guess it is something to do with OVH anti DDOS (UDP).
    By the way, can you adjust/edit anti DDOS firewall rules by yourself or have to create ticket?

edited July 2017

@layfon said:

@yokowasis said:
    It took a few seconds for dns to resolve. Which is very annoying. Never experience this with any other provider, I have tried USA, EU, Singapore Provider they can resolve the dns almost instantly.

Did you do dig test on that VPS? Do you install the same VPN(except IP ofc) on every other VPS?

Yes, I am using the same setup with other VPS.

@NanoG6 said:

yokowasis said: The benchmark looks good. But I won't suggest it for VPN. for some reason it's terrible when I am using it for VPN. It took a few seconds for dns to resolve. Which is very annoying. Never experience this with any other provider, I have tried USA, EU, Singapore Provider they can resolve the dns almost instantly.

This also happened with Treudler SG. I guess it is something to do with OVH anti DDOS (UDP).
    By the way, can you adjust/edit anti DDOS firewall rules by yourself or have to create ticket?

I don't see anything regarding anti DDOS on their Control Panel.

I will test the VPN using TCP.

edit :
    Tested using TCP. It works fine now. I guess it is because of the OVH DDOS (UDP) Protection like you said

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

@yokowasis said:
    Tested using TCP. It works fine now. I guess it is because of the OVH DDOS (UDP) Protection like you said

If you use a VPS and that the Anti-DDoS get activated, you want to make sure that your settings are good, that you have set the right mtu, mss, etc.

The Anti-DDoS drop all fragmented UDP packets. VPN badly configured send a lot of fragmented udp packets.