Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH currently not accepting FailoverIPs order???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH currently not accepting FailoverIPs order???

ffs123ffs123 Member
edited July 2017 in Outages

I cannot order Failover IP for my new server with soyoustart. I also try ovh dedicated. They currently don't accept Failover IP order. I am not sure why it happens. My customers vps are offline for two days because of failover ips issue.

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited July 2017

This happens from time to time. See my old thread here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/104718/ovh-do-anybody-else-have-issues-when-ordering-extra-ips

It can take from days to weeks before you can order again. Thats just life.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

ffs123 said: My customers vps are offline for two days because of failover ips issue

Failover ips are an add on for future use to a service that is already working. How the hell are your clients... off line because you didn't get your NEW ips? It's like saying, my websites are offline because the new vps I bought has not yet being delivered... sigh

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

ffs123 said: My customers vps are offline for two days because of failover ips issue.

"My customers vps are offline for two days" kinda annoys me to be honest. It is no ones fault. If you value your clients, you should guarantee things for them, do not blame it on the DC. Heck, back in the day I moved DCs to keep clients happy.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

One of the perks of working with 'pros' at OVH.

There are plenty (slightly more expensive) Datacentres that can fulfil your orders immediately.

• ffs123ffs123 Member
    edited July 2017

I ordered new dedicated server and transferred ips from previous server. I can transfer ips. but I cannot ping previous IP in new host node. They also don't accept new IP order. That is why, my customer vms are offline. You can order plenty of server immediately. Only one IP that comes with the new server order, you cannot have new ips for vms. They currently don't accept new failover ip order. There is another thread facing same issue. I thought this issue is just ovh website and I went to soyoustart and placed new order, and additional ips. soyoustart don't accept new ips order too.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/104718/ovh-do-anybody-else-have-issues-when-ordering-extra-ips

edited July 2017

For what is worth, if you'd consider London we can get you online today.

Our Summer Sale is not that far off from OVH.

UK Dedicated Servers Sale

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: For what is worth, if you'd consider London we can get you online today.

To OP: I can guarantee you that if you go with @Clouvider it will be 100 times better than OVH. At least you will have real human support :)

You just have to pay the right amount to keep your clients happy :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Clouvider said: Our Summer Sale is not that far off from OVH.

@ffs123 Do it. Now! You won't regret it and you will get a top-notch service, miles beyond OVH with a personal approach from one of the best guys and professionals that participating in LET community!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

jvnadr said: you will get a top-notch service, miles beyond OVH with a personal approach from one of the best guys

The arse-licking is real in this one.

@rm_ said:

jvnadr said: you will get a top-notch service, miles beyond OVH with a personal approach from one of the best guys

The arse-licking is real in this one.

I wouldn't expect anything more from your comment ;-).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @ffs123 said:
    I ordered new dedicated server and transferred ips from previous server. I can transfer ips. but I cannot ping previous IP in new host node. They also don't accept new IP order. That is why, my customer vms are offline. You can order plenty of server immediately. Only one IP that comes with the new server order, you cannot have new ips for vms. They currently don't accept new failover ip order. There is another thread facing same issue. I thought this issue is just ovh website and I went to soyoustart and placed new order, and additional ips. soyoustart don't accept new ips order too.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/104718/ovh-do-anybody-else-have-issues-when-ordering-extra-ips

If your tranferred ips don't work, you should contact their support. It is slow, but they do reply and some time fix too :)

• ihadpihadp Member
    edited July 2017

@Clouvider said:
    One of the perks of working with 'pros' at OVH.

There are plenty (slightly more expensive) Datacentres that can fulfil your orders immediately.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that OVH "sells" more IP addresses in a day than you have allocated in total.

@Clouvider said:

You really need to take 5 minutes and properly link your order forms to the packages you have listed on your website.

WHMCS provides the direct order links in the packages section; there is really no excuse to link to the default cart page and forcing your potential clients to sort through all your packages again to find the one they just clicked to order.

Thanked by 1rm_
    edited July 2017

@ihadp said:

@Clouvider said:

You really need to link to your order forms correctly from your website, it really isn't that difficult to link directly to the correct order form.

Sorry, found the wrong link and fixed it. Thanks for spotting it!

edit: I can see you edited your post. We neither use WHMCS not link to the whole order page. Scroll down after you choose the package, you'll see the one you selected is actually selected.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

rm_ said: The arse-licking is real in this one.

However it happens to be true, OVH is cheap crap that continues to fail when automation can't handle the problem.

• I have just ordered /28 UK ips, it went through with no problem at all.