Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123reg reputable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123reg reputable?

MultiMulti Member

Hey guys,

im currently looking for a registrar for my .eu domain. According to domcomp.com 123reg.co.uk is the cheapest one. But I never have heard of this company. Can I trust them? If I google them I find several bad reviews.

Thanks.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2017

they used to be good for price not anymore, try ovh.co.uk as you will find better price

• hanoihanoi Member

Yep. They are one of biggest Tucow reseller, operation more than 15 years, very popular in UK

Thanked by 1Multi
  • They're good, I have 70+ .ME domains and everything works fine. I had to ask support to unlock the domains in order to change the nameservers. Not sure if that is with .ME domains or with all others.

• you can trust them. 123reg is owned by Host Europe. Host Europe is owned by godaddy.

• hanoihanoi Member

But they seem banned 3rd country.

• JamesKJamesK Member
    edited July 2017

123-reg.co.uk is very popular name in the UK as well as trusted name in people for domain registrar. You can trust it but still if you are not comfortable you can go with other domain registrar too. Checkout popular domain registrar list https://businesskitbag.com/c/domain-names/

• Trustworthy, the only crime they're guilty of is a bit of upselling.

• 123 - reg is a very popular hosting provider in the UK. It provides service at a low price and there customer support is very good.You can surely go with this provider.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@eriahosting said:
    you can trust them. 123reg is owned by Host Europe. Host Europe is owned by goddady

Host Europe services are used to be overpriced and support was not 5*, I don't know if still the case.

• jhjh Member

Some of our clients use them. Never any problems.

• @Multi said:
    Hey guys,

im currently looking for a registrar for my .eu domain. According to domcomp.com 123reg.co.uk is the cheapest one. But I never have heard of this company. Can I trust them? If I google them I find several bad reviews.

Thanks.

Anybody knows the website owners user name? Maybe @domcomp ? His domain expired. I'm sure he's registered here.